Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

That's good to know, @Kim888! I hate when products go bad too quickly.

Ugh, that's aggravating, @Kim888. I've been eyeing a lip scrub from the brand but the whole "natural" aspect definitely has its downsides. 

@quspork @I do have the lip scrub and think it’s a good one haha. But I haven’t had it long enough to comment on longevity. It smells heavily of coffee. 

Fake eyelashes. Maybe one day I’ll master them, but for right now I struggle a lot. The corners never seem to want to stick and the glue gets a bit messy. I’m going to try and practice more tho! 

I think it was Mario that said it's easier to apply if "you're looking down".  As a newb myself with falsies, I did find that advice helpful when applying @Denisaaa 

I'm also self-conscious that it'll look as if I have a caterpillar on my lids but I just picked up SEPHORA COLLECTION
Luxe False Lash and these were great!  They look lush yet natural and blended right in with my "barely there" lashes 😅 👀

good luck!   😉

ZombieMetroAnt_0-1652125767794.gif

SEPHORA COLLECTION Luxe False Lash 

@Denisaaa Start with individuals or cut the lashes in sections and then apply them.  Also thicker bands in my opinion are harder than the thin ones.  You got to wait till the glue gets real tacky before putting them on.  Sometimes it's easier with tweezers than your fingers.

Thank you for the advice! Is there any brands you recommend? I actually do have some ardell strip lashes that I haven’t tried yet. 

@Denisaaa @For natural I love Ardell 110 and House of Lashes Au Naturale. 

I hate that 40 minutes of my makeup routine is just eyeliner and mascara. I always mess up one wing and I get mascara on my eyelids every time! The rest of the face takes 5 minutes

I feel this @SoTru . Eye liner wings are to hard.  I believe in you! You'll get it 🙂 I think I'm going to get this thou lol I struggle hard on wings

Kaja Wink Stamp Original Waterproof Wing Eyeliner Stamp & Pen Original - Ink Black 

When I’m doing eyeliner and one wrong flick then I got to clean it up!

My story is more like a bad day story but I was out in the rain, so it was a heavy downpour and I turned into the closest store which was a huge department store, That entrance led right to the makeup area... So you can imagine my mascara on my cheeks my hair soaking wet, and I'll never forget the looks from some makeup artists there Horrified! 😦😱😒

@ionianblue - If they were so horrified, I'd like to know what they do to keep their hair dry and their mascara from running when caught in a downpour!  Instead of staring at you, one of them should have come forward with at least a tissue or something to help you cleanup you mascara. 🤨

I would like to know as well! 😭🌧 might have been the day I switched to waterproof mascara 😬

Haven't we all had a similar experience?, @ionianblue. For cosm.counter sa's/mua's to not show empathy is a bad reflection on them, not a (potential) customer seeking respite from heavy weather.

Besides, beauty product is supposed to give us a lift- a new fun look! Or maybe the horrified SA's forgot that? I've been there too- my first concern was for my shoes.

@ionianblue Aw, surely the makeup artists have seen folks come in from the rain before... I mean, they shouldn't have been surprised by someone walking into the store on a rainy day with wet hair and smudged mascara since. If they were, and they gave you funny looks, then perhaps they shouldn't be in a customer-facing job. I'm just sayin'. 

I have an odd problem.  I have researched two different Pat McGrath palettes in the past week, and both times I landed on one of the top few internet hits. 

The palette was reviewed on each site, but when I scrolled down each site's page, there were p o r n ads and pictures on it!  How in the world did that happen, and how can I prevent it?

Right after that I got an email saying my subscription to Po_nHu_ was approved; how funny, because I never applied.

That is a cruddy, foul situation! @Ispend2much6 

@WinglessOne has spot-on advice. Clear that caché and cookie! Consider other Browsers.  Perhaps it is also due to a few e/s names? Nars, PMG, a/o brands have a bunch of overtly suggestive names- wish they wouldn't.

@MvLLThat's a great point; you might be onto something!

@Ispend2much6  Ugh, this is one of the reasons I hate ad tracking algorithms. Once you see a type of ad, it follows you around the internet, thanks to the magic of cookies and device identifiers. If you use a desktop/laptop browser, clearing cookies can temporarily remove that. You can also go into browser settings and tweak a few things to block/stop ad tracking. If you're logged into a Google account, you can tell Google to stop tracking you. Same with Facebook, though I don't trust FB to stop tracking anything. 😄 Mobile OSes have optional settings to stop ad tracking, most famously Apple's because of FB's big ol' tantrum about it. 

Depending on which browser you use, there are also ad blocking extensions available that'll hide nearly all ads when you visit sites. 

@WinglessOne  Thank you so, so much.  I don't save my cookies, have all deleted when I close my browser, plus I have Internet Privacy Eraser program that I run every time I start the computer, and I use an incognito browser. And I have Adblock Plus. Other than that, I'm fair game! ha

I agree about Facebook; they've been caught lying too many times. 

testing