Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

when my foundation does not mix well with the primer and it looks horrible and I have to start all over again since it looks flakey.

FWIW, the pilling between primer and foundation usually has to do with the mismatch of products; that is, one product has an oil or silicone base, and the other has a water base. I made that mistake one day when I was going for a job appointment, and I chose that day to try a new foundation (with a water base.) Did NOT mix well at all with the primer. I look like I had rolled glue nubs all over my face. Total disaster! I tried to figure out afterwards what went wrong and after some work, I came up with the oil/silicone/water thing. You gotta read the ingredients list of foundation and primer first to see if they play well with one another (one way to avoid this is to buy the primer and foundation from the same company. For the most part, products by the same firm should work together.)

@Anastasiya13 Ugh yes! I honestly have started skipping the primer due to the pilling on some of them. I have so many primers I just no longer touch. I've pretty much replaced primer with my sunscreen that doubles up as one and I'm so happy I did.

@QueenMarceline  Thats pretty smart to do, I might end up trying that too. I use primers especially now since we wear masks, and just been trying to see what's best, or let it dry down a little longer before applying the foundation

@Anastasiya13 This is also a pet peeve of mine! Washing off piling product/flaking and starting all over…so frustrating!

@bem564 Omg yes....tell me about it, and then I have to reapply lotion, and wait for it to soak up a bit and all that extra stuff

When I mess up my makeup base by going in with a beauty blender that isn't clean and it lifts up my foundation along with my concealer😖

When you get a bottle of micellar water, but I cannot remove the top to rinse it for recycling! #Recycle 🌎

Also: Why does it have the recycling symbol on the bottle as it is clearly not recyclable ♻

And: More Sizes of Sephora travel makeup bags would be are really useful!

True @ionianblue lids that don't come off right are so frustrating 

My gripe is that manufacturers are sealing their packages on only one side. I received some lip products from EM Cosmetics that were sealed on one side. I spent about 10 minutes opening all of my packages.

@Loretta55 I don't care for that, either.  I like keeping my packaging intact, so I never want to just rip it open.  It even annoys me when the flap isn't sealed but is just hard to open without tearing.

Having arthritis in both of my hands doesn’t help either @greeneyedgirl107.

A new beauty pet peeve of mine that I didn't know I have, until today. Beauty reviews. I hate when I'm trying to find infos about a product, so I can make up my mind if I want to buy it or not...and the reviews are so....not specific and without a true explanation of the product itself. For example: I'm trying to find some infos on a lip balm that I want to try, and I would like to know about its scent. All the reviews that I'm reading are so all over the place. Some people say that the smell is non existent, some people say it's delicious....??? 😤

@Skunk12puzzola I like it when the sites post keywords and let you navigate that way.  

For some reason it’s doing my mascara I absolutely love everything else about makeup but i always dread mascara. Probably because it can be different day to day how my lashes will look.

Yes @lizzykempy I just don't like if I mess up on it,  like everything else can fix easily but if I accidently put it on to thick or something I'm like uuuuugghhh it's such a pain trying to fix it 😅

One of my biggest pet peeves is when a brand discontinues or changes a beloved makeup item. Case in point, Haus Labs has discontinued their Liquid Eye-lie-ner. According to an email I got from the brand, it did not meet their standards for clean beauty and all attempts to reformulate it were unsuccessful. If you love this eyeliner as much as I do, it is only available on Amazon where it is currently 50% off. I assume it will be on sale until it sells out.

Yes @teufel that's so frustrating when it happens 😫 

Why oh why must Micellar water be so very cold?! Not that a warm Eau Micellaire would be preferable.

@MvLL horrible!! especially when you just woke up 🥶

I am not buying anything else from olio e osso. 3 blushes went bad after like 7 months! I know they are “natural” so less preservatives but I’m not here for products that can’t even last a year. Meanwhile a random benefit hoola contour stock I’m pretty sure I got in Sephora play like 4 years ago Is completely fine. 

1 Reply
testing