Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

A new beauty pet peeve of mine that I didn't know I have, until today. Beauty reviews. I hate when I'm trying to find infos about a product, so I can make up my mind if I want to buy it or not...and the reviews are so....not specific and without a true explanation of the product itself. For example: I'm trying to find some infos on a lip balm that I want to try, and I would like to know about its scent. All the reviews that I'm reading are so all over the place. Some people say that the smell is non existent, some people say it's delicious....??? 😤

@Skunk12puzzola I like it when the sites post keywords and let you navigate that way.  

For some reason it’s doing my mascara I absolutely love everything else about makeup but i always dread mascara. Probably because it can be different day to day how my lashes will look.

Yes @lizzykempy I just don't like if I mess up on it,  like everything else can fix easily but if I accidently put it on to thick or something I'm like uuuuugghhh it's such a pain trying to fix it 😅

One of my biggest pet peeves is when a brand discontinues or changes a beloved makeup item. Case in point, Haus Labs has discontinued their Liquid Eye-lie-ner. According to an email I got from the brand, it did not meet their standards for clean beauty and all attempts to reformulate it were unsuccessful. If you love this eyeliner as much as I do, it is only available on Amazon where it is currently 50% off. I assume it will be on sale until it sells out.

Yes @teufel that's so frustrating when it happens 😫 

Why oh why must Micellar water be so very cold?! Not that a warm Eau Micellaire would be preferable.

@MvLL horrible!! especially when you just woke up 🥶

I am not buying anything else from olio e osso. 3 blushes went bad after like 7 months! I know they are “natural” so less preservatives but I’m not here for products that can’t even last a year. Meanwhile a random benefit hoola contour stock I’m pretty sure I got in Sephora play like 4 years ago Is completely fine. 

@Kim888 I agree. It happened to me with RMS. Longer than a year but still not as long as some of my other not “natural” or clean products. I’m concerned about Tower 28 foundation will be the same.

@Kim888 omg, I hate when "natural products" don't last...they start to stink and change color after a few months, sometimes even before they have reach the actual expiration date. It happened so many times with lip balms to me. Annoying 😤

So true, @Skunk12puzzola. Those Shea butter-based ones especially! Also the Fresh lip SPF- oh.boy! If that one is in the heat, it's a 'goner' and will never regain its original texture. 

On really hot Summer days, say 25 C and above, I put my 'precious' lip stuff in the 'fridge. (Within zippy plastic bags)..

I know @MvLL , I have the mint one from fresh fresh Sugar Mint Rush Freshening Lip Treatment .15 oz / 4.3 g and it's the same. It melts very easily, but I always keep it in my purse because I love it, and it's so nice to wear it on the go under the face mask!!

That's good to know, @Kim888! I hate when products go bad too quickly.

Ugh, that's aggravating, @Kim888. I've been eyeing a lip scrub from the brand but the whole "natural" aspect definitely has its downsides. 

@quspork @I do have the lip scrub and think it’s a good one haha. But I haven’t had it long enough to comment on longevity. It smells heavily of coffee. 

Fake eyelashes. Maybe one day I’ll master them, but for right now I struggle a lot. The corners never seem to want to stick and the glue gets a bit messy. I’m going to try and practice more tho! 

I think it was Mario that said it's easier to apply if "you're looking down".  As a newb myself with falsies, I did find that advice helpful when applying @Denisaaa 

I'm also self-conscious that it'll look as if I have a caterpillar on my lids but I just picked up SEPHORA COLLECTION
Luxe False Lash and these were great!  They look lush yet natural and blended right in with my "barely there" lashes 😅 👀

good luck!   😉

ZombieMetroAnt_0-1652125767794.gif

SEPHORA COLLECTION Luxe False Lash 

@Denisaaa Start with individuals or cut the lashes in sections and then apply them.  Also thicker bands in my opinion are harder than the thin ones.  You got to wait till the glue gets real tacky before putting them on.  Sometimes it's easier with tweezers than your fingers.

Thank you for the advice! Is there any brands you recommend? I actually do have some ardell strip lashes that I haven’t tried yet. 

@Denisaaa @For natural I love Ardell 110 and House of Lashes Au Naturale. 

4 Replies
testing