Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@QueenMarceline I've found that this happens to me at Ulta.  It's gotten to the point where if I see one particular SA I won't shop around.  I don't feel like they're trying to prevent theft, I just think they're being over-zealous in trying to provide "good" customer service which is in reality "bad" customer service.  I hate being asked if I'm "doing OK" every couple of minutes.

All the Euphoria inspired looks. Listen kids, I’m in my late 30’s. Seeing that much brown lip liner and glued on rhinestones is giving me flashbacks to the war. I guess this is new to kids nowadays but it’s so old and dated to someone who was there the first time around. I’m pretty sure I’m in a minority here but it’s a big no thank you. Can’t wait for a new trend to eclipse this.

@barstr7  😆 just piping in that I rode that rhinestone trend hard in the late 90s along with two very unblended or flattering eyeliners in white and blue.  I kinda like that rhinestones are back and spirit gum isn’t required this time round cause they’re self adhesive.  

@barstr7 100% in agreement. It's such a stale look. What's the next 'old trend' to be re-released? Satin shirts & over-plucked Brows?  I'm 20 years older than you, thus vividly recall just how unflattering some 90's & Aughties Looks were; things from the 70's too. Related is the very tired repetition of bad 80's & 90's fashion-silhouttes. While not specifically beauty-focused, it is part of an overall aesthetic. I'd be quite pleased if tapered, high-waisted denim and evil-incarnate croptops permanently disappeared. Especially when paired with sneakers and no socks...in the Winter.

@MvLL I just saw a post saying skinny eyebrows are making a comeback. Heck no. Nope nope nope. Didn't do it then, won't do it now. I don't mind a 90s lip too much and even the gemstones are fine but I can't do a middle part. I feel like Hermione in the first movie, minus the bangs. 

@makeitup305  I saw that too but it’s not in the same way.  It’s more about darkening a thinner area of brow to create an arch with pencil and not as pluck happy as the 90s- for now.  
i know I have high arch stencils somewhere and may play with that but no way am I going any further than trimming my brows for a trend that may not last long 

@makeitup305 , @heartsmyface Totally agree. Many had the misfortune of their over-plucked Brows not growing back fully. I remember seeing McCalls mag. circa '73 with the cover model sporting wicked thin brows (& shiny yet shy coral lipstick)...not a great look. In the early 70's, it was trendy to add a dash of 30's makeup & fashion styles. 

As a Sephora employee, what really, really grinds my gears is not getting the PERFECT match. When it comes to matching customers, I am borderline obsessive. Every once in a while, I will get that one customer every once in a while that can't match up to any foundation product, no matter which undertone or shade I use. It makes the customer feel bad and it makes me look incompetent. 😕

@Prestonator   Yes!!!  I understand this completely!!  For myself and friends, if the makeup isn’t perfect I will sit and mix in different bases until it is.  
It’s pure magic (and rare) when a brand releases a perfect match for my skin!  

It doesn’t make you look incompetent. Trust me. I have really hard to match skin. It’s gotten easier in the last 3-4 years cause a lot of companies have expanded their shade ranges. But seriously, I’ve had sooo many makeup artists give up and either start trying to get me to look at eyebrows or something haha. When I started wearing foundation, I was really young and my poor mom was lost. Prescriptives still had counters at macys back then and they custom mixed foundation for me haha.

When one of your favorite skin care items is almost empty but you don’t know when the next sale is and you can’t bring yourself to pay full price 😤 

@alexasteph I hate paying full price... I know the deal. 😂

@QueenMarceline Especially when you can anticipate there will be a few points in the year where you don’t have to! 

If only Cosmetic companies would consistently and clearly indicate the size/weight of their wares. Consumers are not idiots- we know that .08gm is puny. So quit dancing around...in effort vain.

Perhaps this topic has been mentioned already here-?

When you are interested in a new lippie, but this works with about any beauty product🤔😒, but can't see in person or find enough irl swatches to see if you have a dupe/  "really" need it in your stash. 

@sonnydee Absolutely agree.

giphy (5).gif

I accidentally redeemed 500 points last night when I placed an order. I guess that I need to be wide awake next time I place an order.

Oh, no, @Loretta55 ! 😝 I've done that but caught it in time before placing the order.  I hope it is something you can make work for you.  🤞

I’ve done that before @Loretta55. I got lucky and realized what I did and I was able to cancel the order in time.

Oh no, @Loretta55! That would frustrate me, too.

Unfortunately I did not catch it until yesterday morning and I already received my shipping notice @curlychiquita @Titian06 @faeriegirl .

3 Replies
testing