Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Ispend2much6  Whew, I'm relieved to hear you got this resolved! 

And yes, definitely a good idea to take photos of items you're returning. I'm so anxious lately about returns, I've even taken video of myself opening the product to show its condition, packing it up, sealing the box/envelope, and even dropping it at the post office/UPS center/etc. or handing it to my mail carrier. I don't think folks really need to do all that, but between warehouse antics, shipping issues, and TRE's bs, I often don't bother trying to return things that don't work for me. I end up rehoming or donating them. Sad and ridiculous to say I'd rather be out the money than deal with return policies anymore, but that's where I am. 🤦‍♀️

@WinglessOne   That’s basically how I am about returns.  I don’t appreciate the anxiety that comes with wondering if I’m going to have to prove myself or enter a confrontation over makeup.  As a result I’ve only ever returned three items and it’s because they were damaged upon arrival or offensively unuseable.  
When something simply doesn’t work for me it goes into a giveaway pile so I know it will make someone happy.  That makes up for a poor purchase a bit.   

Taking videos seems extreme but then again it sadly covers you just in case the inevitable happens.    I take photos of parcels and package weight when mailing things to show prof just in case so it’s not that different. 

@WinglessOne   Thank you dearie.  🙂  I guess I was kind of oblivious to the new return issues.  Our shipping has returned to normal, mostly, thankfully.  Our issues weren't even our mail carriers, who work really hard and are efficient.  It was our sorting center.   We used to have one for our city, but it was consolidated with that of the neighboring cities, and that was the end of the super efficiency.

I don't blame you for taking videos; the thought crossed my mind too.  Kudos to Ulta for believing me that my Becca highlighter arrives smashed to pieces and just sent me a new one, which arrived intact.

Every year I feel less like fussing with stressful situations.  I've come to realize it's such a load off of me and freeing to adapt the attitude of, "It either works or it doesn't," and not bothering to try to make a square peg fit into a round hole.

@WinglessOne Yes - return policies are bothering me.  TRE is scary to me.  I don't even have a lot of returns, but I've heard horror stories.

@Ispend2much6  I’m glad they were able to remedy the situation but wow what a load of stress.  It leaves me wondering how many hands returns pass through.  Would there be record of what the package weighed when shipping?  Ugh, it’s resolved now but I still feel this need to defend your honour😅

@heartsmyface   Thanks!  Good idea about the weight.  I probably could look it up, but the weight when it was first delivered would be greater than the return because of the gwp's.

@Ispend2much6 , I'm very glad you got your refund, but oof, I'm mad that this became a thing?!?  Man, one bad apple always ruins things.

@danielledanielle   Thank you; I still can't get my head around why this happened.

@Ispend2much6 Can you explain the issue to your credit card company, and have them take off the charge?

Yeah, agreed with @greeneyedgirl107 .  This sounds pretty funky all the way around.  Most credit card companies will at least investigate it, so maybe that will yield something.  You should at least be able to get your item back, or some type of credit.

How incredibly frustrating, @Ispend2much6. Their descriptions regarding the return are very unhelpful- to go from "more than gently used" to "product was empty" is just odd. I mean, did they receive a used compact or not? It seems like they should have a better account of the reasons for turning down a rather expensive return. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. 

@quspork   The clarification I got today yesterday was, "Product received but empty" and that they are very thorough in their process.  To tell me I returned something in a condition I didn't, then not send it back, and keep the money, is unconscionable.

@Ispend2much6   That’s definitely not okay.  If it can’t be accepted back for whatever reason the package needs to be returned to you with a reason why so you have the option as to what to do with YOUR property.   For them to keep your product or throw it away without giving you something in exchange is simply theft.  
I’m sorry you’re dealing with this.  I hope it gets resolved soon.  

@heartsmyface   Thank you; that's exactly how I feel.  I also don't like being viewed or treated as a liar or a thief, which I am not.

I've never heard of any other company doing this and NOT being specific as to the reason why.

Like I said, I could imagine me returning a product to the wrong store, but since they deemed it "product was empty," it doesn't sound like that was the case.

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear this, @Ispend2much6. 🙁

@curlychiquita  Thank you so much; it was quite a shock.  And my returns have been very minimal since October!

There aren't enough brands that carry a light peach tone in concealer and foundations. If I wear neutral, I look washed out. If I wear warm,  I look to yellow. 

@lswp   Same.  I add pink or yellow bases with a little white to foundations to make them match my skin.  I did just find a perfect match for my skin in the Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Face and Under-Eye Concealer 2 but the bottle is quite small so I’ll continue to mix for the most part. 

@lswp I have a pretty peachy complexion as well, so I know what you mean.

I wouldn't say this is a pet peeve so much as a frustration.  My sister just announced that she's getting married in a month on the opposite coast.  I have so many things to coordinate.  Beauty-wise, the thing that jumps out the most is that the last time I wore my foundation (an old Stila CC cream b/c I rarely wear face makeup) the coloring was off as my neck/chest were lighter than my face.  So I need to find a new foundation during the pandemic with limited access to testers, and limited time to try it out for myself before the event.

Next, I was trying to explain this to my dad, and he was like, "Can't you just order it online?"

Tomorrow I need to get a list together of all the things I need - nylons, a new smartphone b/c mine's 8 years old, new luggage, ETC.

How exciting/overwhelming, @greeneyedgirl107! I hope you find a foundation that will work out for you. It really is hard to determine good matches with the current restrictions. 

testing