Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Yeah, agreed with @greeneyedgirl107 .  This sounds pretty funky all the way around.  Most credit card companies will at least investigate it, so maybe that will yield something.  You should at least be able to get your item back, or some type of credit.

How incredibly frustrating, @Ispend2much6. Their descriptions regarding the return are very unhelpful- to go from "more than gently used" to "product was empty" is just odd. I mean, did they receive a used compact or not? It seems like they should have a better account of the reasons for turning down a rather expensive return. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. 

@quspork   The clarification I got today yesterday was, "Product received but empty" and that they are very thorough in their process.  To tell me I returned something in a condition I didn't, then not send it back, and keep the money, is unconscionable.

@Ispend2much6   That’s definitely not okay.  If it can’t be accepted back for whatever reason the package needs to be returned to you with a reason why so you have the option as to what to do with YOUR property.   For them to keep your product or throw it away without giving you something in exchange is simply theft.  
I’m sorry you’re dealing with this.  I hope it gets resolved soon.  

@heartsmyface   Thank you; that's exactly how I feel.  I also don't like being viewed or treated as a liar or a thief, which I am not.

I've never heard of any other company doing this and NOT being specific as to the reason why.

Like I said, I could imagine me returning a product to the wrong store, but since they deemed it "product was empty," it doesn't sound like that was the case.

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear this, @Ispend2much6. 🙁

@curlychiquita  Thank you so much; it was quite a shock.  And my returns have been very minimal since October!

There aren't enough brands that carry a light peach tone in concealer and foundations. If I wear neutral, I look washed out. If I wear warm,  I look to yellow. 

@lswp   Same.  I add pink or yellow bases with a little white to foundations to make them match my skin.  I did just find a perfect match for my skin in the Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Face and Under-Eye Concealer 2 but the bottle is quite small so I’ll continue to mix for the most part. 

@lswp I have a pretty peachy complexion as well, so I know what you mean.

I wouldn't say this is a pet peeve so much as a frustration.  My sister just announced that she's getting married in a month on the opposite coast.  I have so many things to coordinate.  Beauty-wise, the thing that jumps out the most is that the last time I wore my foundation (an old Stila CC cream b/c I rarely wear face makeup) the coloring was off as my neck/chest were lighter than my face.  So I need to find a new foundation during the pandemic with limited access to testers, and limited time to try it out for myself before the event.

Next, I was trying to explain this to my dad, and he was like, "Can't you just order it online?"

Tomorrow I need to get a list together of all the things I need - nylons, a new smartphone b/c mine's 8 years old, new luggage, ETC.

How exciting/overwhelming, @greeneyedgirl107! I hope you find a foundation that will work out for you. It really is hard to determine good matches with the current restrictions. 

@quspork Thanks so much for the support!  Truly!

Hoo boy 😑 @greeneyedgirl107 , one month isn't long, but yay wedding, once the day passes it'll all come together in one way or another.

Re Foundation: I did see personal shopper feature on Sephora, so that could be something to look into 🤷🏽‍♀️

@danielledanielle I was thinking that as well - that once it all happens then it'll be over and I was exhale.  I have so much on my plate right now that I might have to do a post in the Health and Sanity Check-Ins !

I will have to look into that personal shopper idea - thanks!!!

6792F0D1-AC97-4861-B5A9-CD3D59CC84E3.jpeg

I’m so pale, I’m porcelain!  “Can use highlighter as eyeshadow” pale.  Bronzer? Ha! 

My pet peeve - pallets!  Argh!  I can only use about the lightest 1/3 of them

I'm very happy that colors are being developed for people of all races, and would not want to go back to the world before.

However, single colors or a “pasty b*tch” collection would be highly appreciated.

#petpeeves

@missrobin, it's challenging to work through an entire palette or just to be able to make all the shades work; I hear ya on that. Single eye shadow colors are great! 

Hm...my top beauty pet peeve is a foundation that makes you look orange. I also am not the biggest fan of super thick eyeliner on myself. 

Oh, so sad, @eshoe!! 😭

@haleyvvvv events like this make me wish for a simple tube rather than a pretty jar!

2 Replies
testing