Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@curlychiquita  Thank you so much; it was quite a shock.  And my returns have been very minimal since October!

There aren't enough brands that carry a light peach tone in concealer and foundations. If I wear neutral, I look washed out. If I wear warm,  I look to yellow. 

@lswp   Same.  I add pink or yellow bases with a little white to foundations to make them match my skin.  I did just find a perfect match for my skin in the Armani Beauty Luminous Silk Face and Under-Eye Concealer 2 but the bottle is quite small so I’ll continue to mix for the most part. 

@lswp I have a pretty peachy complexion as well, so I know what you mean.

I wouldn't say this is a pet peeve so much as a frustration.  My sister just announced that she's getting married in a month on the opposite coast.  I have so many things to coordinate.  Beauty-wise, the thing that jumps out the most is that the last time I wore my foundation (an old Stila CC cream b/c I rarely wear face makeup) the coloring was off as my neck/chest were lighter than my face.  So I need to find a new foundation during the pandemic with limited access to testers, and limited time to try it out for myself before the event.

Next, I was trying to explain this to my dad, and he was like, "Can't you just order it online?"

Tomorrow I need to get a list together of all the things I need - nylons, a new smartphone b/c mine's 8 years old, new luggage, ETC.

How exciting/overwhelming, @greeneyedgirl107! I hope you find a foundation that will work out for you. It really is hard to determine good matches with the current restrictions. 

@quspork Thanks so much for the support!  Truly!

Hoo boy 😑 @greeneyedgirl107 , one month isn't long, but yay wedding, once the day passes it'll all come together in one way or another.

Re Foundation: I did see personal shopper feature on Sephora, so that could be something to look into 🤷🏽‍♀️

@danielledanielle I was thinking that as well - that once it all happens then it'll be over and I was exhale.  I have so much on my plate right now that I might have to do a post in the Health and Sanity Check-Ins !

I will have to look into that personal shopper idea - thanks!!!

6792F0D1-AC97-4861-B5A9-CD3D59CC84E3.jpeg

I’m so pale, I’m porcelain!  “Can use highlighter as eyeshadow” pale.  Bronzer? Ha! 

My pet peeve - pallets!  Argh!  I can only use about the lightest 1/3 of them

I'm very happy that colors are being developed for people of all races, and would not want to go back to the world before.

However, single colors or a “pasty b*tch” collection would be highly appreciated.

#petpeeves

@missrobin, it's challenging to work through an entire palette or just to be able to make all the shades work; I hear ya on that. Single eye shadow colors are great! 

Hm...my top beauty pet peeve is a foundation that makes you look orange. I also am not the biggest fan of super thick eyeliner on myself. 

Oh, so sad, @eshoe!! 😭

@haleyvvvv events like this make me wish for a simple tube rather than a pretty jar!

Oh, I hate when that happens, @eshoe

It is, @curlychiquita - and it’s always the good ones😂

Oh no @eshoe! 🙈 

@quspork and there was no saving this, either...it had to be the floor:( On the bright side, it did fall in kind of a pretty way🤷🏻‍♀️

6E08046D-DA0D-4DFD-8AEB-77F9F7AEA677.jpeg

Nooooo!!! @stillatreasure what did you lose? It looks...😭

1 Reply
testing