Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

6792F0D1-AC97-4861-B5A9-CD3D59CC84E3.jpeg

I’m so pale, I’m porcelain!  “Can use highlighter as eyeshadow” pale.  Bronzer? Ha! 

My pet peeve - pallets!  Argh!  I can only use about the lightest 1/3 of them

I'm very happy that colors are being developed for people of all races, and would not want to go back to the world before.

However, single colors or a “pasty b*tch” collection would be highly appreciated.

#petpeeves

@missrobin, it's challenging to work through an entire palette or just to be able to make all the shades work; I hear ya on that. Single eye shadow colors are great! 

I don't like it when I see hair extensions on the back of the head and I am sitting right behind.

Sometimes I don't like it when I see somebody who goes bare, which is fine, but that I think would be so incredibly enhanced by makeup. Women of exceptional beauty who don't need it, and yet it bothers me that are not highlighting and accentuating their beauty with a little mascara, liner, blush, highlighter, some lip color.

I don't like the Tammy Faye Baker look. I don't like cake. I don't like makeup for everyday wear that is more costume.

Don't ever trust Hollywood - I'd say celebrity endorsements are a huge pet peeve. The only Harper's Baazar "this is my night routine" YouTube that I thought was legit was Demi Moore's. Do you think Penelope Cruz really wears Olay? I don't even use that and I'm an ordinary woman. That bothers me, Penelope, sayin' she's usin' Olay. Um, sorry, I'm not that gullible and a pet peeve is being lied to constantly, with erroneous advertising. Every time I see an ad with Cruz saying she uses Olay daily, I have to REALLY relax.

Personally I love it when I see bare faces. Plus women don’t need to wear make up all the time. I go out bear face and I love it and then when I feel like it all enhance my features with highlighter and eyebrows and mascara. I guess it just depends on the day for people

I hate when people don’t wash there hand before doing there skin care routine!!!

@zeinahk i hear you. I step way from the bathroom while waiting for products to absorb and end up washing my hands multiple times. 

Sephora decided to send a VIB/Rouge GWP promo code that they send once a quarter (if that, even) this morning rightttttt after I placed an order the night before 🙄 this made me mildly annoyed... what great timing.

I see the one promo of which you potentially speak.....but it isn't working for me @Guessgal 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

People who use ahas and don't use sunscreen. My dad is way more into skincare than he will admit. He loves Kiehls. Yesterday he told me he has plenty of exfoliants and I asked physical or acid? He told me both. I was asked what acid and he wouldn't tell me the product name, just that it has fruit acids and makes his face tingle. I told him he would be wearing sunscreen because it makes his skin more sensitive to sun. He said he lives like a vampire and doesn’t need to. He works from home but loves food shopping and goes out plenty. ARGH.

For a Dad that probably won't apply SPF lotion, gift him a sporty tennis hat. Or something he'll wear 'coz you gave it to him.

Hth!

I have now lost 3(!) eyebrow brushes in a little over a month. All brand new. Every time I buy one (from different stores and brands) I'm not sure if I leave it in the box and throw it away or what but I'm officially annoyed at myself now.

@makeitup305 It's a totally wild guess, but I notice that you have a pet in your profile picture-- I had a friend who kept on having her brushes going missing, and it turned out her cat was stealing them to play with.

Products that have a "universal tint" are horrible! I am very fair and when a product has a "universal tint" I always end up looking like I got a bad tan! It was so hard this summer trying to find a good SPF that didn't have a tint *sigh* 

Oh I relate.  They make me look sickly.  

When your lashes don’t stay the whole day ! 

True! I’ve already got a post in the everything eyes board to find a solution to this. If I hear something innovative I’ll let you know 😊

My beauty pet peeve today deals with natural deodorant & bees! I have been trying out Aurelia brand natural, aluminum free deodorant because it came in my Liberty London Advent calendar. I'm all for trying new, more natural deodorants! Anyways, I thought I'd take it for a test run today to go watch my son's soccer scrimmage. You guys! Bees were buzzing me and initially I didn't think too much of it. I don't mind bees, and am in awe of all they provide us with. But this started getting crazy! They seemed to be dive bombing me and you know what?? They were buzzing my underarms!! The deodorant has eucalyptus, lavender, peppermint and tea tree essential oils. Did that attract them? So all the soccer parents...who were widely spaced out due to social distancing requirements saw me flapping my arms around in circles and running about. One yelled down the way to comment on my dancing skills. Ughhhhh. Natural deodorant fail. 

@bem564 Ooh yikes! But yes that definitely attracted them. That and any other fragrance you might have been wearing.

I hate when foundation oxidizes or looks too pink.  Even foundations that are for warm yellow/olive undertones look pink on my skin.

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Veryyyyy frustrating! @RAWRitsRED

when i want a matte lip but it makes my lips all dry and gross even with chapstick underneath. Ew!

1 Reply