Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Oooh The Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation is one of my favorites @pocketvenus

@eshoe I finally settled on Yves Saint Laurent TOUCHE ECLAT LE TEINT Radiance Awakening Foundation ❤️ It actually got me into other YSL products too, I still adore the packaging for the Rouge Volupte products, I can't bring myself to throw away the empties!! Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Rock'N Shine Lipstick 

@pocketvenus YSL was my first ‘grown-up’ makeup that I bought with my own $ after

moving out. Hydra Fluide was my favorite for years! The Rouge Pur Couture was the first lipstick I repurchased over and over again. So I completely understand where you are coming from. Lots of love for YSL☺️

Ughhhh I have so many feelings about Bite Beauty. I'm pretty sure when they first launched their brand they were already touting natural ingredients that were "good enough to eat it" so I don't really see why they had to reformulate their whole line to be clean? I mean, in my mind those statements are telling me the same thing... that the product is supposedly better for you than an alternative (I know they're vegan now too but I don't recall if they reformulated to be clean and vegan simultaneously or vegan down the line). So the clean transformation didn't spark a whole lot of WOW in me, but more so I found myself wondering where all their products were; they cut down their product offerings by so much! I definitely miss the Road Trip series the most! I felt like it launched one summer and the concept was so cool, unique, and collectible, then POOF! Gone. @pocketvenus 

@Guessgal City themed make up is so fun! I liked the Maple series too, it was so Canadian. I guess that one's a regret non-buy, Braised Maple.

I know what you mean, they always touted great ingredients. If it's not broke don't fix it ToT

Bite reformulated to have theyre brand be all Vegan.

Honnestly i didnt see a big difference with the Agave+ Nightime therapy balm (the one in the jar).

@pocketvenus I have their old lip mask (I never tried their new one) and have re-discovered it. The last couple of nights I've layered it over my LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C and it's worked really nicely. 

@greeneyedgirl107 I'm nursing my last of my lip masks. The new one is fine, just not amazing? I wield the old one like this talisman against dry lips!! ❄️ 

@pocketvenus If I keep using mine, I wonder what my replacement would be.  I might try Lanolips again, or just straight up lanolin b/c I read on BIC it is way cheaper.  IDK, it's one ingredient I'm not familiar with at all.

@greeneyedgirl107  I wasn't either, until I looked into it a while ago after finding out about the bite mask and how crazy ppl were for it.  after looking at the ingredients and seeing lanolin was one of the first ingredients, I looked it up and that's what led me to lanolips.  it supposedly uses a 'higher-grade' lanolin, that's cosmetic grade (or is it pharmaceutical? lol).  anyway, if you didn't know, it's from sheep's wool, and there are different 'grades'.  apparently you can get it in stores like in the baby section (natural grocers has it, I think), but since there are different grades and since it's from sheep's wool, that's basically why lanolips uses a 'higher-grade' that you'd wanna use on your face, lol.  since the lower grades are apparently dirtier and you probably wouldn't wanna use them for your face/lips.  if you get some and try it let us know how it works!!  I wonder if just adding the lanolin to another lip balm or mixing it in would work?I still have a bunch of lanolips I need to use though lol. 😁

@treestar86 That's really good information!  Thanks for weighing in.  I still have a good amount of my original Bite mask left, so it'll be a while before I need to investigate.  I will keep that in mind, though, as I'm much more likely to just spend the extra money for the higher grade -- esp for lips!

@greeneyedgirl107 DHC makes a pretty decent lip balm - but not the flavoured kinds, just the original. It's not a mask though, not as thick to last overnight. But good as a daytime replacement. The downside is, it's not as easy to find. I think it's a Japanese brand?

I haven't tried Lanolips either, maybe lanolin is what made the original mask so good?

cc @eshoe 

@pocketvenus @greeneyedgirl107  DHC is avail. at ULTA, but not the lip balm. 😔

@pocketvenus Thanks for the tip - I will keep the DHC on my radar!

Yes I think when Bite went vegan they reformulated @pocketvenus. Lanolips does have lanolin! I have a strawberry one that I like but it does not last as long as the old Bite did. Hmmm I haven’t tried the DHC, but I am guessing @itsfi has 🤔

@pocketvenus, is this the DHC lip balm / cream you are referring to or the one in the tin?

DHC lip balm.PNG

I agree that it's a nice one for daytime, okay for overnight but not as thick as the original BITE mask. @greeneyedgirl107, it's available through DHC direct as well as amazon, dermstore, and yesstyle (dot) com. 

I wouldn't say these are exact dupes, but other lip balms / masks that are thick and moisturizing include:

Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm

Bag Balm (but it doesn't smell so great)

MILK MAKEUP Melatonin Overnight Lip Mask - not as thick as BITE but it does a nice job for me.

@eshoe 

@itsfi So sorry I missed this tag! I literally saw the DHC pic while scrolling through threads and was like 🤔. Yes, this tube form is the one I was referring to and I didn't realize there's a tin! Thanks for your recommendations too!

@itsfi I went to place an order at Dermstore just the other day, and was saddened to learn that there is now a minimum of $35 in order to qualify for free shipping.  I understand why, but it was still a downer.

@greeneyedgirl107, that's a bummer. It's available on amazon, but only as a pack of 2 or 3, or in a bundle set with other skincare products. 

@pocketvenus it’s definitely not on the same plain, but Henne has a pretty great lip mask. It’s different than the Bite, and the Laneige. It’s a little earthy but lasts. You can get a sample on their site, to test it out first, too. 

88CD9DD1-FA20-4C1D-ABAD-D52CA6D74A8F.jpeg

@eshoe Thanks for the tip!  ❤️

10 Replies
testing