Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Not so much a peeve but a LAMENT. I know it's been awhile but I'm still sad about what happened with Bite Beauty. They were supposed to have lipsticks out last year, still waiting for them to appear. Sigh. Some pics from the glory days. Did you have a fave product you miss? If you could go back in time and shop anything from the pre-reformulation clean days, what would you buy now?

EDITED: Thank you so much for replying. So validating ha ha! I honestly feel better after reading all your posts 💗💗💗

94982034a92bd90f314c7755d89cf86662-bite-spice-01.rsquare.w12007409cb8c04ff200cc2efd6588c6a199fScreen-shot-2018-09-28-at-3.57.00-PM-1-480x0-c-defaults-l400Bite%2BBeauty%2BDiscovery%2BSet%2BHoliday%2B2015%2BSephoraBite-Beauty-Matte-Creme-Lip-Crayon-Collectionbite30926828_164858147539541_4959799379830505472_n

I still have the Bite Beauty Lush Lip Tint in the shade Lychee and it’s literally my favorite everyday lip product… I so badly wish they would bring it back! But they seem determined to keep pumping out new products, even ones that none of us asked for (I’m still scratching my head at their Foundation and Mascara releases). I miss the days when they exclusively made lip products and multisticks, and they did that so well that nobody cared if they offered a wider array of products… 

@pocketvenus I miss their lipglosses.  I have a BITE lab near me and went September last year and was telling the mixologist about how I miss some of their stuff.  All she could tell me is that they have new products that came out.  They have a wall dedicated to their products you can buy there.

@SportyGirly125 I haven't thought about visiting the lab! Kind of funny to ask a brand to make a dupe of their own product 😂 But I seriously love their Persimmon and Cayenne bullets. RIP Flambe liquid lipstick!!!!  

@SportyGirly125 you know when certain youtubers talks about product and then we find out theyre discontinued? 😥😤😥

Samantha Ravandhal said that the Bite glosses were awesome. I dont understand why they seem to discontinue theyre products.

@pocketvenus I feel your pain. I did an extensive inventory this year and was unable to pinpoint my new and unopened, original formula Smashed lip mask. This is an original I wish had remained.

@eshoe I think we could have an entire separate thread on the lip mask!! 🙂 If they're going to decommission it, couldn't they at least share the formula??

@pocketvenus I have a mini of the new formula, it will be interesting to compare. So many great products are reformulated. I have to vow not to fall in love with anything again, it just sets me up for future disappointment!

@eshoe I bought the new formula since they nail the original texture pretty well or at least so close I couldn't tell a difference. So you think oh great! but at least for me, it didn't have the same effect. The original formula basically stopped my lips from going dry and peeling in the winter while the new one feels really nice but then by morning, the performance is not there.

Hmm @pocketvenus I haven’t tried the new formula yet, but I have a mini I plan to break out sometime this year. It’s been a challenging past couple of years for beauty favorites, as so many formulas of my favorites have changed. Basically, I’ve learned not to love anything🤷🏻‍♀️. The LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original  hasn’t changed, and after two years, refuses to let go...still half a jar remaining? 😂

@eshoe So sad when you've found that HG product and realize you need to embark on the search all over again! I feel you, reformulation is sooooo common with perfumes, or having fragrances flat out discontinued  💔

I think the hardest part is just not giving up, @pocketvenus. When Herbivore brought out the new Bakuchiol, I had already been trying as many as I could to duplicate the absolute perfection that the original had because there was no mention of a redux. I kind of settled into a spot where I would just make do with what I had. I still haven’t tried the new one. 

@eshoe I know, it's really tough!!! Oof yes, the Bakuchoil, there's nothing I can think of that's like it........ As hard as it is, it is a chance to really dive into new products tho... when Lancome discontinued my shade in Teint Idole, I searched for monnnnnths and must have tried like every freaking foundation I could get my hands on. I use YSL now and it's not the same but I love this one too...

Oooh The Yves Saint Laurent All Hours Full Coverage Matte Foundation is one of my favorites @pocketvenus

@eshoe I finally settled on Yves Saint Laurent TOUCHE ECLAT LE TEINT Radiance Awakening Foundation ❤️ It actually got me into other YSL products too, I still adore the packaging for the Rouge Volupte products, I can't bring myself to throw away the empties!! Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Rock'N Shine Lipstick 

@pocketvenus YSL was my first ‘grown-up’ makeup that I bought with my own $ after

moving out. Hydra Fluide was my favorite for years! The Rouge Pur Couture was the first lipstick I repurchased over and over again. So I completely understand where you are coming from. Lots of love for YSL☺️

Ughhhh I have so many feelings about Bite Beauty. I'm pretty sure when they first launched their brand they were already touting natural ingredients that were "good enough to eat it" so I don't really see why they had to reformulate their whole line to be clean? I mean, in my mind those statements are telling me the same thing... that the product is supposedly better for you than an alternative (I know they're vegan now too but I don't recall if they reformulated to be clean and vegan simultaneously or vegan down the line). So the clean transformation didn't spark a whole lot of WOW in me, but more so I found myself wondering where all their products were; they cut down their product offerings by so much! I definitely miss the Road Trip series the most! I felt like it launched one summer and the concept was so cool, unique, and collectible, then POOF! Gone. @pocketvenus 

@Guessgal City themed make up is so fun! I liked the Maple series too, it was so Canadian. I guess that one's a regret non-buy, Braised Maple.

I know what you mean, they always touted great ingredients. If it's not broke don't fix it ToT

Bite reformulated to have theyre brand be all Vegan.

Honnestly i didnt see a big difference with the Agave+ Nightime therapy balm (the one in the jar).

@pocketvenus I have their old lip mask (I never tried their new one) and have re-discovered it. The last couple of nights I've layered it over my LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C and it's worked really nicely. 

@greeneyedgirl107 I'm nursing my last of my lip masks. The new one is fine, just not amazing? I wield the old one like this talisman against dry lips!! ❄️ 

testing