Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@itsfi I went to place an order at Dermstore just the other day, and was saddened to learn that there is now a minimum of $35 in order to qualify for free shipping.  I understand why, but it was still a downer.

@greeneyedgirl107, that's a bummer. It's available on amazon, but only as a pack of 2 or 3, or in a bundle set with other skincare products. 

@pocketvenus it’s definitely not on the same plain, but Henne has a pretty great lip mask. It’s different than the Bite, and the Laneige. It’s a little earthy but lasts. You can get a sample on their site, to test it out first, too. 

88CD9DD1-FA20-4C1D-ABAD-D52CA6D74A8F.jpeg

@eshoe Thanks for the tip!  ❤️

@eshoe hey thank you for the share about this lip mask balm.

I saw that you changed your avatar, and this one's still eating noodles, i like noodles too lol 🤗🤗🤗.

@Emy10 you’re welcome! I tried a couple of their lip scrubs and like those as well. Lush has my favorite, but Henne’s Nordic Berries is fantastic, too.

Ha ha yes I couldn’t believe I found that little character eating noodles! It makes me smile, ☺️

I really miss the old lip mask formula (though I thankfully have some tubes that are going strong) and Cin Cin from their luminous creme formula.

@Kaylabr So glad you stocked up! Such a pretty shade ❤️

@pocketvenus ugh Bite Beauty lol. I never got to try the lip wipes I wanted. I'm also still bitter I didn't get my zodiac lip stick.

@Samtian The zodiac lipsticks were such a cool set and idea!!!!

I really did like the French Press glosses and the previous lip mask formula.

@danielledanielle I regret not getting more from this set. I loved wearing Vanilla Latte and then dabbing a little of Fenty's Shawty in the middle of my lips for a bit of an ombre effect.

@pocketvenus @danielledanielle I regret it too! I have French Press and Salted Caramel and should have gotten more. Haven't worn them in a while, but I recall not getting much coffee from the scent or flavor. Someone in a review compared the smell to something like "old peanuts," and I could never get that association out of my head! 

@danielledanielle @tastelikewater Oh wow! I smelled coffee but I know there can be differences in how people perceive taste so many smell is like that too? The wild thing is, scientists still hav eno idea how scent works, there's only a bunch of theories.

Old peanuts?!?  🤣 @tastelikewater   IMO it smelled like coffee, and I love coffee.  I still have one that's semi-used and one halfway done so there's that.  I wore one to my F-I-L and weirded out one of his dogs, so maybe he smelled old peanuts?

@pocketvenus  I'm still peeved that Bite went in so hard on the meaningless and misleading "clean beauty" gimmick. I wonder if they've had lots of trouble reformulating all their lip products to "clean" formulas, or if the delay's due to financial issues or something else... I don't live near any of their Lip Labs, so I don't know what they've been doing on that front. Hmm. Since Bite has so heavily rebranded themselves as "clean," they're kinda stuck with that theme now. I'll be ecstatic if the whole "clean beauty" fad dies—but I think I've ranted about that in this thread before. 🤣 

ANYway... I miss Bite's lip liners and Amuse Bouche lipsticks, even though their bullets tend to bleed/feather on me. (Eh, easily prevented with liner and/or lip primer.) Kale was one of my favorite lip shades ever, and I'm sad I might never be able to buy it again. 

@WinglessOne Yes, all-natural is a pretty useless term in fragrance too. The bulk of perfumes in this category definitely smell like there are synthetics in there ha ha.

I can totally imagine you rocking Kale while wearing Anubis or T Rex 🙂

@pocketvenus "All natural" in general kinda cracks me up. Apparently there's a difference between "all natural" and "clean," though I'm not completely sure what it is since neither category has an industry standard definition, let alone US government certification. Anyway, some of those "all natural" fragrances do seem suspicious! 🤣 

Kale is fun to wear when you wanna pretend you're a short-armed dinosaur stomping through the middle of a burning tar-laden swampy orange grove. 💚

@WinglessOne Yes, it's such a dodgy term. I'd rather have safe synthetics on my skin than like, burny essential oils. I think what tends to work best is a mix, kind of like getting that ultra comfortable cotton and elastane blend, just nice to have that extra give 🙂

🐊🌴😁

When you don't read the ingredients well enough at first and you discover your "hydrating" toner is just full of witch hazel 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️. No wonder my skin has been off this past 2 weeks.

@haleyvvvv Oooooh my skin hurts for you! Hope it recovers quickly!

1 Reply
testing