Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@sprocketta I hate that last minute rush especially when you've done your due diligence and sent it out on time. It's just the issue of do you really have my package or don't you? Where exactly in the system is it? Especially for those items that can't be replaced. You should see the people on Bath and Body Works FB page - they're absolutely livid. Am I bummed that my candles haven't shown up? Yes, but they're candles and people are having full nuclear reactions over there. Like over the top insanity - some of it's good for a laugh.

@niki172 @Thats super annoying!! Being frustrated and understanding are not mutually exclusive. You’re still totally allowed to be annoyed  even if you understand why it’s happening - it’s been really bad the last few weeks for sure ! 

I complained. I don't pay for shipping but was gratuitously compensated for the sum of basic ground shipping since the service of shipping FAILED. Just too way too long, almost three weeks. At the 2 weeks and 3-4 day mark, I wanted my basic shipping back (I knew it would come, it just lagged, they were kind and offered to refund me, but I said no, I knew it was another STALL) - no matter - paid for or not re: shipping, and they did "refund" ground charges (what they would have been).

It is the principle. You buy with the expectation to receive in a certain timeframe.

@Kim888 true. I ordered something only with guaranteed delivery by Christmas and I just laughed at the page when that message popped up. We'll see, but I extremely highly doubt it. IDK I feel bad for the actual mail carriers that are getting flak. It's not their fault that stuff isn't loaded into their trucks to deliver. It's like being mad at the grocery cashier because they ran out of TP or something. I just hope people remember that.

😠 FedEx trouble once again. I stopped using them to ship my orders but rushing to order the Sephora Favorites Sephora Favorites LUXE The Upgrade Collection  I forgot & was at the mercy of whatever will be shipping. I've been lucky, it's usually been UPS lately, if I forget but nope. Fedex this time. Says it was delivered at 8:00 pm last night, on the dot😡 & of course, after waiting all day. I had to leave to go to a bday party. Got home, looking for it. No where, even looked by the road where fed ex usually likes to toss my boxes. I really hope it shows up tomorrow. That set is, of course, oos 😡

@sonnydee oh no I hope they find it and it was a wrong scan.

@sonnydee, I hope it turns up tomorrow.

Me too. Teeni was home & she said she didn't hear or see anything. I doubt it would get taken -if they dropped it by the road since 8, it's pretty dark out. 😠 @itsfi I already called CS at FedEx so they can trace it. 🤞

People who use ahas and don't use sunscreen. My dad is way more into skincare than he will admit. He loves Kiehls. Yesterday he told me he has plenty of exfoliants and I asked physical or acid? He told me both. I was asked what acid and he wouldn't tell me the product name, just that it has fruit acids and makes his face tingle. I told him he would be wearing sunscreen because it makes his skin more sensitive to sun. He said he lives like a vampire and doesn’t need to. He works from home but loves food shopping and goes out plenty. ARGH.

For a Dad that probably won't apply SPF lotion, gift him a sporty tennis hat. Or something he'll wear 'coz you gave it to him.

Hth!

I have now lost 3(!) eyebrow brushes in a little over a month. All brand new. Every time I buy one (from different stores and brands) I'm not sure if I leave it in the box and throw it away or what but I'm officially annoyed at myself now.

@makeitup305 It's a totally wild guess, but I notice that you have a pet in your profile picture-- I had a friend who kept on having her brushes going missing, and it turned out her cat was stealing them to play with.

So I’m madly in love with Beauty Bakerie setting spray. I used to be able to order it (I live in Canada), but the last time I tried the site informed me THAT PRODUCT in particular no longer ships to Canada. I can order anything else - just not that. I am assuming it has something to do with it bring in an aerosol can. 

Aaaaand of course Sephora doesn’t carry Beauty Bakerie products. 

@Annex1 - Ulta carries Beauty Bakerie, but I don't know if they carry that product or ship to Canada.  I have heard Ulta is coming to Canada,  though.  🇨🇦

Ulta shipped to Canada for a short period, then they stopped last April. We don’t know why or if it’s coming back. Normally there is a way around this, by ordering stuff to a parcel pick-up business by the border, then just drive to the border and pick it up. The problem is these businesses are on US soil and we can’t cross the border, even for 5 minutes to get a package, due to Covid. There is a rumour Ulta will return to Canada by building stores here, like Sephora. 

Is not telling people that they're makeup doesn't ''advantage'' them can be considered a pet peeve ??

Now i know what some of you might say, that I'm no one to judge, but this isn't what I'm saying.

There's a difference with preferences and someone making mistakes, ill give examples:

Sad face eyebrows, contour in a really bad place and not blended,etc.

PLEASE don't come for me, I'm only asking if it can be considered a pet peeve to feel the need to tell/help people, but not doing it because they could take it really bad, get hurt and or flip out. 

If they don't like makeup tell them to shut up and stop talking to you. They're dumb.

Reminds me of being scolded by a stranger for eating a big sundae at a restaurant. My freedom and my inclinations towards anything do not start and stop with anyone but me.

Ignore them. That is annoying. They can keep it to themselves.

Hmmmm.....@Emy10 I guess it depends on how often you feel the need to say something or how bad it irritates you if you consider it a pet peeve but peeves are personal so peeve on! 😂..it only happened to me on 1 occasion that it shocked me enough- I literally stopped walking & stared- to want to say something. A younger girl had drawn her eyebrows super thick. But, she may like them like that so 🤷. A hairdresser & me get into it about the bushy eyebrow look. She thinks I should grow mine out & I don't. She says it will make me looker younger..insert roll of eyes here..i get confused for a high schooler when i have my hair down. Im almost 40 with a high schooler. How young does she think I should look?!😂

@sonnydee 😂😂😂😂😂 Oh god bushy brows... I CANT lol. James Charles style. I CANT and I'm NOT sorry, this is my opinion, whoever else can love them IDC, but I cant LOLLLLL

By the way, thank you for not coming at me, because i feel like some people sooner or later might get all like WHO ARE YOOOO to judge People!!!! lol and its not my intention at all, it was just a question.

Bad makeup in general bugs me; it doesn't stop me from sleeping but i guess its ADD lol

My wonky lashes. It’s not that they don’t curl or are straight their just .. . Lol like I apply mascara it’s cool give it a few minutes and it’s like nothing has happened. Somewhere in that day after the application I have wiped my lashes lol. 

the fact that I have a time tryna get mascara in the cracks and crevices of my eyelashes :o| Lolllll

Not a product pet peeve but when you sneeze before your mascara is dry 🙄 I do my eye makeup before anything else but it is still annoying having to use makeup remover on my undereye to get the mascara off then I have to basically rewash the undereye area to get the makeup remover off so my primer and foundation stick. 

3 Replies
testing