Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Maybe they have a policy of testing loose, powdery substances.  When we were stationed in CA, my mom and aunt flew out for a visit.  They always travel with their powdery, coffee creamer in a plastic container )the original container with label).  One time TSA left a note they had removed something.  Turned out it was half of their creamer stash.  Needless to say they carry it with them in carry on now.

@ragdoll4mom  See, TSA I can totally see removing powdered substances from luggage on a regular basis. US Customs, though... I mean, I figure they inspect packages, but I don't know what triggers their inspections, whereas I can guess what triggers TSA's. For starters, when TSA agents x-ray baggage, it's sometimes hard for them to tell what objects are based on shapes alone. A spare USB cord layered over a large bottle of body lotion could look very suspicious, for instance. Whenever I check luggage, I expect either TSA to open it or the airline to lose (eh, reroute) it. Which is why I haven't checked luggage in 20 years. 🤣 I travel as light as possible. 

Also, I wish US Customs would at least leave a note in the box to say they removed something. 😡 

Ugh, that's so aggravating, @WinglessOne. I'm sorry you ended up missing the powders after all that time too... It's really just salt in the wound. Hopefully By Terry can work something out for you!

@WinglessOne I am shocked that your package was held for an entire month!  I too order internationally quite frequently and have never encountered this type of delay even during COVID!  

I'm sorry to read about your shipment, @WinglessOne !  It seems pretty obvious that the two items were stolen since the packing slip is also missing.  I hope the company will replace the items without too much fuss.  💖💖💖

@WinglessOne   Oh I hate that!  The worst is getting the slip that says they removed items from your luggage and then trying to figure out what’s missing because of course they never tell you.  

@heartsmyface  At least TSA leaves a slip behind. All US Customs leaves is that green tape of despair on the package. There was no customs slip in the box. In fact, the By Terry packing slip was also missing, which further implies the missing items wandered off during the customs clearance event, rather than By Terry forgetting to pack them. 😡 

@WinglessOne  «  The green tape of despair. » Using that from now on. 

@WinglessOne  that's crazy.  that would def. make me think twice about ordering internationally.  def. seems safer to order from those established sites you mentioned.

@treestar86  Oddly, I've never had this problem (customs taking things from me) with other international packages, and I've shipped/received domestic and international packages since the 1980s. It won't stop me from placing international orders for things I reeeeally want that I can't get domestically. Well, except now I have a fear of ordering from French retailers. 😂😔 

@WinglessOne  strange.  I guess they're being stricter now for some reason...maybe wanted to quarantine the package? haha 😏

Ugh that stinks @WinglessOne but it reminded me of a funny but not at the time story about the airport pawing through your stuff. Years ago, me & then fiance ( now hubs) go to Cali, coming back. I get to my seat & then get called to the front of the plane & told I needed to get off the plane. For something in my checked in luggage. The metal decorations on my underwear needed to be explained. 😂😐 I kid you not. The stewardess said "Wait, you need her to do what?" " for something that's on the bottom of the airplane, that she can't get to-" it was 2004, I guess they thought my panties were a weapon. She told whoever no, not for checked in luggage. And told me I was free to go back to my seat. Good thing I don't  embarrass easy!

@sonnydee  🤣🤣 That's crazy! Thank goodness a flight attendant had your back that day! I don't understand why they (a TSA agent, I assume) waited til your luggage was already on the plane. They're supposed to inspect checked-in luggage before it reaches the plane. Good grief. 

A few years ago, I was in an airport security lane, watching my carry-on suitcase go through the x-ray machine. The male TSA agent stopped the conveyer belt and kept leaning into the monitor, trying to figure out what something in my bag was. He started to say he'd have to hand-inspect my bag, but a female agent laughed "um, that's just a garter belt." 🤣 Granted, it was a dang good garter belt—the kind with 6 wide straps and metal clasps that'll actually hold stockings up all day, and I'm sure garter belts haven't been a common luggage item for decades so TSA agents probably don't see 'em everyday—but wow, I wonder how weird it looked via x-ray since it was kinda folded/balled up. I tried not to laugh... poor guy must've been new on the job. 

Here's to lingerie of mass destruction! 🥂

when ppl respond to nearly every single post, w/nearly the same generic response every time, just to get their post and rank up. 🙄  ughh, maybe I'm the only person annoyed, lol, but it doesn't seem fair to get your pt. and rank up like that, and I wish the system looked at your actual posts, not just how much you post.  

@treestar86 As a newbie, I've learned so much by reading old posts and learning from this great community.  I show my appreciation by frequently responding to all of the people who have taken time to post in the threads.  I am intrigued when members post lovely photos and I show my appreciation by letting them know that I love their looks and hope they keep posting. I've learned so much in the everything eyes group  As @Samtian stated, it is hard to find new ways to state your appreciation for a lovely photo every single time. 😁  As a newbie, I want to make sure that I am giving appropriate recommendations for products, so sometimes it could be challenging for us to make substantive posts while we are still learning about make-up and skin care.  All I can say is that I so appreciate all of the great advice and tips I've learned from BIC.  I am here to engage with other beauty aficionados.  Thank you BIC! 

@tjffc  that's great!  I'm definitely not trying to be the comment police lol, or trying to call anyone out.  I'm fairly new myself, and worry about being annoying lol if I post too much or respond to everything, since I can go on and on...lol.  so I tend to just 'heart' things a lot, if I don't feel like commenting, can't think of anything to say, or think I might be annoying by commenting too much.  but everyone's different.  sorry if you felt targeted.  it's definitely a nice place to hang out, isn't it??  we appreciate your enthusiasm!!  🤗

@treestar86 I notice too but then again I am on here all the time.

@SportyGirly125  me too.  guess that shows I'm on here too much, lol.

@treestar86 Sorry about that. I'm a lame brain and That's so pretty and Thank you are my generic responses. Brain doesn't work like it used to, but its definitely not to get my rank up or anything like that. Can't think of more creative things to say.

@Samtian  lol!  I actually hadn't noticed your generic responses, haha. 😉  it seems to be more of a newbie thing, possibly bc they've been told that posting and being active could get you free stuff.  idk.  plus you're already boss and have gotten said "gratis", so...not much higher to go.

@treestar86 Haha yeah. I pretty much stick to the same few threads anyway.

testing