Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@heartsmyface Aw, and a coconut bath soak sounds soooo nice right now. I hope you and your unsuspecting package swap partner get your correct orders soon! I've only received someone else's order once (from ColourPop), and it included that person's packing slip; she lives overseas. I still hope she got my order by mistake and is enjoying all those lipsticks and single shadows! Especially since CP resent my order and let me keep the wrong one, which I'm sure they also did for her. 

I've lost count of how many times Sephora's withheld my samples. At least they substituted OOS samples a couple times. Sucks they didn't even do that with this person's order. 😞 Also, you're the second person I've seen today mention receiving someone else's Sephora order, and now I'm nervous about my most recent one. 

@WinglessOne  ugh I placed 2 orders 3 days ago and a bit worried since they still haven't shipped and 3 items say they're out of stock!! 😩

@WinglessOne   Oh no!  That was at least nice of Colorpop to let you keep the wrong order for your trouble! 
Eeeep two in one day!? That’s not a good sign.    Did they happen to receive an ND palette by any chance?  😜 fingers crossed that your order comes in perfect shape and with all the samples.  

Oh no @heartsmyface! You just want your palette and your samples!! Hopefully you’ll get your order soon. 

I once got a pair of men’s jeans and my packing slip, which did not include a pair of men’s jeans. All I could think about was 🤔 someone’s going to be very surprised to get a box of high heels and lip gloss. 😂 

@itsfi   I can just see some mans wife opening his mail for him to find high heels that weren’t her size!  😂😅  scandal! 

😂🤣😂 @heartsmyface!!  Hopefully the lip gloss suited her. 😆 

@itsfi   I’m not even really peeved.  Just entertained cause something HAPPENED!  Haha, and this is when I realize I need to get out more. 🤪 

And where would / could you go?!! @heartsmyface, one day ...

@itsfi  Absolutely nowhere!  We have a cougar warning in the neighbourhood on top of the air quality being at 268ppm with the forest fires raging down south.  Staying in where I can breathe and won’t get eaten. 

lol @itsfi !!  ugh @heartsmyface  guess you're getting our smoke up there huh?  apparently the worst in the world rn. 😷  being stuck inside even more than usual is no fun, especially w/our last week of summer here last week. 😞 

@treestar86   Yep!  Fun times for the whole west coast!  Going for hikes was the only real refuge from covid life.  Now we’re down to grocery store visits.   Is it terribly bad where you are?   I saw some crazy high ppm readings down there!  

@heartsmyface  yes, I'm right in the middle of the WV.  not in the worst affected outskirt spots, obv., thankfully.  but yeah it was reeeeallllllyyy smoky all week, but not quite as much now.  I was surprised the delivery ppl were still working and my ulta order arrived on tues. - ironically, it was a candle of the 'toasted fireside' scent. 😕  then when I went over to pick up my order a couple days later, there were still lil' bits of ash floating around.  they still have those alert messages coming on the tv and radio, but not for where I am, thankfully.  yeah apparently the air is (or was) the worst in the world here.  I'm back to just grocery store shopping also.

@treestar86  😂.🤦‍♀️😂. Nice!    That candle must have some serious waft!   The whole world smells like burnt marshmallows!  

@heartsmyface  lol, if only. 😢  it's a shame cuz I actually kind of liked the campfire smell, for a bit...it reminds me of when I was a kid camping.  but then I have to remember that it's not good for the health.

@heartsmyface!! 👀 A cougar warning?!! 😳 Ohhhh, yes, the air quality from the wildfires. 😔 Wildfires all up and down the Pacific Northwest and impacting air quality all around. So sorry. 

@itsfi   Yeah a cougar attacked a hikers dog two blocks from our house two days ago.  It’s still at large.  We’ve had a very bad couple weeks on the trail.  A hiker has been missing for two weeks, a bear swiped a jogger and the cougar.  
yeah it’s not safe to breathe outside without a filtered mask right now.  we’ve got every air purifier we own running trying to get the main areas of our house down below 50ppm. We’re at 76 everywhere and 35 in the bedroom 

Oh no. That cougar was so close to your home @heartsmyface. Yikes. Good to hear you’re able to get the air quality in your bedroom and home down. 

@itsfi   Yeah don’t let this get back to my hubby but for once I’m glad he’s a tech Weenie/ hoarder and bought every air purifier he could find during last years fires.  It’s been a life saver that he has PM detectors so we could locate all the areas of the house that smoke was getting in.  I’m currently sitting in my makeshift gym with an air purifier pilfered from the kitchen and watching the numbers go down.   Good to workout now:) 

E0DFD682-1B8E-46B4-83B6-9F1AAC8EB52D.jpeg

0D8DE2E6-24E2-4D46-AD6B-F7E85F7DAF50.jpeg

  

Look at those tech gadgets! All I understand is the temperature reading and the air quality index @heartsmyface. Oh, and the “moderately polluted” warning. That’s great you guys have air purifiers. Really helpful. Good thinking on the mister’s part and nice decision on your part to let him hoard ‘em all! 😃

@heartsmyface haha, how rude of them!!  I got someone else's order once, it was weird...I didn't know what to do, lol.  you could always put in an extra sample and send it to the person? lol  😁

but ooh, that looks like some good stuff... 🤤

@treestar86   It’s addressed to me!  I have no idea who’s order this is supposed to be or I would be hand delivering it.  

11 Replies
testing