Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When you have some purchases to make, but haven't seen a GWP that catches your eye.

I hate when I try to put clear gloss over any kind of lip...

I hate when I try to put clear gloss over any kind of lip color and it ends up all over the doe foot applicator

Re: I hate when I try to put clear gloss over any kind of lip...

@MsMAP I hate that too.  I usually wipe it off with a paper towel or use my fingers to apply the gloss on top

YES!  @greeneyedgirl107. I finally broke down and placed a Sephora order last night because I couldn't wait anymore.  So what happens, today's active promo code is for the new Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Smoothing Enzyme Cleansing Balm & Makeup Remover 3.4 oz/ 100 mL ; something I've been wanting to try!

Ack!! I feel like this happens to me all the time @Titian06! A promo code for a DS skincare product I’ve held off on purchasing always seems to pop up either the day after I place my order or sometimes even hours after I’ve ordered. This happens even when I hold off a few days from when I planned to purchase. Lol. I’ve really got this timing down, haven’t I? 😆 

Hope the GR cleansing balm works out for you. I have really been enjoying the balm. 😃

ugh that sucks @Titian06 !!  I've been wanting to try that too, but the sample is really tiny and not sure I want to bother...

@Titian06 I'm so sorry to hear that!  It's doubly sad when it's a GWP you've actually been wanting!!!

@greeneyedgirl107brow wiz almost got me today but then I remembered, I already have full size backups...😒

tumblr_n8fpucmJgk1smcbm7o1_500.gif

@sonnydee Good for you for remembering!!!  I've gotten fooled by stuff like that before.

My beauty pet peeve today deals with natural deodorant & bees! I have been trying out Aurelia brand natural, aluminum free deodorant because it came in my Liberty London Advent calendar. I'm all for trying new, more natural deodorants! Anyways, I thought I'd take it for a test run today to go watch my son's soccer scrimmage. You guys! Bees were buzzing me and initially I didn't think too much of it. I don't mind bees, and am in awe of all they provide us with. But this started getting crazy! They seemed to be dive bombing me and you know what?? They were buzzing my underarms!! The deodorant has eucalyptus, lavender, peppermint and tea tree essential oils. Did that attract them? So all the soccer parents...who were widely spaced out due to social distancing requirements saw me flapping my arms around in circles and running about. One yelled down the way to comment on my dancing skills. Ughhhhh. Natural deodorant fail. 

@bem564 Ooh yikes! But yes that definitely attracted them. That and any other fragrance you might have been wearing.

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

This is more being mad at myself but I sooo often forget eyelid primer before doing something extra🙄

When you STILL have to deal with breakouts but also find a SILVER eyebrow hair. Only one. But STILL!

images (3).jpeg

@sonnydee I completely get it! I had an underground crate...

@sonnydee I completely get it! I had an underground crater forming on my face last week and my hairstylist said " Have we ever put an all over color on you, because you are having a lot of grays pop up " 🤬 but it's so true. I've noticed more popping up weekly 😳

Re: @sonnydee I completely get it! I had an underground crate...

ugh same...I pluck them, but every time I go in the bathroom...there's another one sticking up!!  I'm too young for this lol!! 🙄

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When I decide to do my full make up and people say “wow, you look so pretty TODAY” or “wow, I didn’t even recognize you” ..... and it’s a weird backhanded compliment that I don’t know how to respond to. 🤦🏼‍♀️😩🤷🏼‍♀️😂

@lindseyyfaye, I sometimes like to respond to that with "...

@lindseyyfaye, I sometimes like to respond to that with "thank you, I bathed today."

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@lindseyyfaye Right!

RE: Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I’m glad you understand lol 😂😂 @tjffc

Anyone else get spam liked by someone? somone filled up pages of notifications liking stuff from years back even.

If it's from the Hello Calm Feedback thread, that would be me 👩 I recently purchased the mask so I've been reading up on everyone's reviews again and hearting ones I hadn't seen previously 🙈 @Blackwhiskey 

1 Reply
testing