Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

@sonnydee I completely get it! I had an underground crate...

@sonnydee I completely get it! I had an underground crater forming on my face last week and my hairstylist said " Have we ever put an all over color on you, because you are having a lot of grays pop up " 🤬 but it's so true. I've noticed more popping up weekly 😳

Re: @sonnydee I completely get it! I had an underground crate...

ugh same...I pluck them, but every time I go in the bathroom...there's another one sticking up!!  I'm too young for this lol!! 🙄

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When I decide to do my full make up and people say “wow, you look so pretty TODAY” or “wow, I didn’t even recognize you” ..... and it’s a weird backhanded compliment that I don’t know how to respond to. 🤦🏼‍♀️😩🤷🏼‍♀️😂

@lindseyyfaye, I sometimes like to respond to that with "...

@lindseyyfaye, I sometimes like to respond to that with "thank you, I bathed today."

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@lindseyyfaye Right!

RE: Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I’m glad you understand lol 😂😂 @tjffc

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Anyone else get spam liked by someone? somone filled up pages of notifications liking stuff from years back even.

If it's from the Hello Calm Feedback thread, that would be me 👩 I recently purchased the mask so I've been reading up on everyone's reviews again and hearting ones I hadn't seen previously 🙈 @Blackwhiskey 

This has been happening to me, @Blackwhiskey .  The notification says something about posts or threads (don't remember which) being merged.

@Blackwhiskey Heh, that's happening to me, too. I assume it's a newer BIC member who's just now rolling through some of the longer popular threads and liking posts along the way. 

@Blackwhiskey  That hasn't happened to me. Was it just one person? I dunno, that's so odd. I've seen new accounts creating threads just saying "testing" and when I look at their activity they will be following random people, and just don't know if I should report things like that or not. I always wonder if they are more intelligent spam accounts because this forum seems to be in a never ending battle with spam.

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Yeah just one person but theyre probably new and scrolling

This is must meant to be light-hearted.  I have had three people at work comment on my "no makeup" look.  Two didn't recognize me with my hair up, mask, face shield and no makeup.  Two asked me if I used to wear glasses.  I totally fessed up to the difference - No Makeup!  I don't wear a lot at work at all, but I do my eyeliner, mascara and fill in my eyebrows.  I can totally see how people would've recognize me.  It's all in good fun 🙂

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

It’s insane how eyebrows & lashes can make such a huge difference 😂😂 @Anonymous7

I only wore eye makeup for the last couple of weeks @greeneyedgirl107 . I had a facial with extractions to get rid of some of my pimples and my skin had scabs where I had deeper pimples. I wore complete makeup for the first time today. I am noticing that my skin has become very oily this summer.

I can’t believe that many people commented on your lack of makeup!

@Loretta55 I'm glad you were able to get some skincare done on your skin while wearing a mask.  That's true multi-tasking.  It gave me the opportunity to incorporate to try a product that I ordinarily would have dragged my feet on.  So, at least you and I found the silver lining!

I didn't mind the people commenting on my lack of makeup.  But it was funny that my color coded healthcare clothing and physique didn't tip them off on who I was (that, and the name tag - LOL!).  I must say that I had two nice comments from people on my team.  While I don't wear face makeup to work, one girl sd my skin "looked perfect" and another said that she couldn't tell the difference between me with and without makeup.  I also had a client tell me that she loved my eyebrows (back when I was still doing them before work) which was super observant since I was wearing goggles and she has cognitive deficits.  

I still feel the need to wear lipstick even though nobody sees it @greeneyedgirl107 . That is too funny that even though you had your name badge on some of your coworkers did not recognize you.

@Loretta55 I love that you are still wearing lipstick!!!  

I am wearing more tinted lip balms than before the pandemic @greeneyedgirl107.

@Loretta55 Those will probably keep your masks tidier inside than lipstick - smart move.  Pre-pandemic I was interested in some Ulta brand tinted lip balms.  I wanted to re-swatch them but never had the chance.  I guess I missed the boat on that one!

There is always a sale on those @greeneyedgirl107 . If if you do not like them at least you will not be out too much money.

5 Replies
testing