Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

when i want a matte lip but it makes my lips all dry and gross even with chapstick underneath. Ew!

ugh so true. 😔

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I am not really a fan of complaining but this is more of a disappointment for me I guess. Ted Baker and Karen Millen tend to be my brands of choice. They work well with my body type (I have a very small waist so it is difficult to buy clothing because of the difference in measurements between waist and hips), I like a lot of their styles, they are affordable. Rather often Ted uses fabrics with color patterns that remind me impressionist paintings colors and shades. Over a month ago I had ordered a couple of items directly from his US website (never done that before). Long story short, they provided me with the worst customer service I have ever experienced (and I have vast existence with bad CS 😂). After trying to get help for over a month, they can keep my $200, and I’m taking my loyalty elsewhere. Now I can’t even look at Ted’s pieces in my closet without feeling unpleasant about them. Oh well, 7 years of loyalty was not worth much to that brand

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

it's terrible when something like that turns you off a brand.  this is one of those things social media is good for

@Zvezdochka  That's terrible service!  It's hard enough to find clothes when you're small, I have the same problem and always have to buy pants from kids/teen stores 😂

@RAWRitsRED I am sorry you have to deal with that. I am not small per se, as I am 5"7, but my measurements are way off: basically, my waist is size 0, but my hips are size 4. And having to alter stuff all the time really gets old. That is why I pretty much stopped wearing pants. 

Not beauty related but I just lost electricity at home thanks to Tropical Storm Isaias. My husband just texted me.

@Loretta55 - I hope that's all you lose!  Stay safe!  (((HUG)))

I am still at work @Titian06. My husband will be picking me up later. Hopefully everything will work out.

CREASING!!!!!! Uhg. HATE IT.

My biggest pet peeve is when I'm trying to make my eyeliner even but ended up having a thicker one lol also when my skincare doesn't go well with my makeup!

@layzaanne I've struggled with this occasionally too  😀

Pet peeve: having a long day at work, which makes me late to my e-mail - which makes me miss sales like 50% off IT Cosmetics Pillow Lips Collagen-Infused Lipstick Stellar .  All shades sold out!  (Of course, this may have happened hours ago.)

I thought I remembered someone mentioning this...well I was just browsing the labor day sale and it's 50% off again @greeneyedgirl107 !!  all in stock so far!!

edit: oops, I can't do math...well almost 50% off. 🤗

@treestar86 You are so sweet to think of me!!!  I actually stumbled across it yesterday and ordered two I thought I would like.  I ordered them site unseen which I don't like to do with lipsticks, but since we don't really have access to testers I thought, "why not."  Fingers crossed.  ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

aw no problem @greeneyedgirl107 ! 😊  I didn't even remember who, I just remembered someone mentioning it before, and thankfully I remembered it was in this thread so I could find it lol.  I'm glad you got to take advantage of the sale!! 🤗

it's a bummer when you miss out on a good sale, BUUUT, I just remind myself of the money I saved, that I can spend on the next sale!!

I hate when work gets in my way of shopping @greeneyedgir...

I hate when work gets in my way of shopping @Anonymous7 I have actually gone to the restroom at work to place an order ( gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes) I happen to wake up at 5 am this morning and was able to place an order for 2 of the IT lipsticks. I'm sorry you missed out.

Re: I hate when work gets in my way of shopping @greeneyedgir...

@Luvstravel Just seeing this now...you're my kinda girl!

Deluxe samples of masks that have room on the packaging but don't print instructions on how to use them. Way too many do this! I get out of the shower ready to try one and realise I have to check online first.

I live in Arizona, so tiny biggest pet peeve is when an order arrives and I’m not home! I’ve had too rerun a cohoe things because they exploded from being in the heat outside my door. It’s a v sad time in the summer here. Lol
testing