Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Loretta55 Yes, you are right about that!  🙂

I hate when foundation oxidizes or looks too pink.  Even foundations that are for warm yellow/olive undertones look pink on my skin.

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Veryyyyy frustrating! @RAWRitsRED

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I bought an extremely expensive line of skin care only available through exclusive skin boutiques and I regret making such a bad decision. I’m so sick of promising unbelievable results and not really getting them.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

That is so frustrating! 😩😩 since skincare is so expensive you want them to work! @CindyLoo63

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@CindyLoo63 

I hate that too!  I guess that's one reason I stick with Sephora;  I can read product reviews, they have great product descriptions, and it's easy to return products.

RE: Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Yeah it definitely helps getting some insight before purchasing!!

When I get Olaplex in one eye, which doesn't hurt much at all but makes my eye completely bloodshot. No amount of water flushing or bottled eye wash helps, and my eye stays bright red for hours. It makes for a super fun elevator ride in these covid days, especially since I also have sinus issues right now—so I'm sniffling and clearing my throat a lot. Makes me feel obligated to tell other folks in the elevator that I don't have covid-19 or pinkeye, really, honest. I should be glad it makes people subconsciously keep their distance from me 🤣 but still. 

Other hair products have made my eye red (it's always just one eye, and almost always my left eye; I guess I tilt my head some weird way in the shower that makes shampoo/conditioner/rinse-out treatments run into that eye), but not as red as Olaplex does—and not for nearly as long. Good grief. I still love Olaplex, even if my eyeballs don't. 

Beauty is pain 😂😂😂🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ I can relate about a product I love & get great results from. Lol @WinglessOne

Wow didn’t know that about Olaplex. But yes, I see it as a huge plus that it’s causing ppl to distance themselves from you during these times! Sometimes I wish I had a sign that reads “stay away” myself 🤣 @WinglessOne 

@Guessgal Right? I almost bought a mask that says "if you can read this, back the *bleep* up!" 🤣

ugh. @WinglessOne  😞  perhaps wearing goggles in the shower would help?

@treestar86 Hmm, goggles might make washing my hair trickier. I think I just need to be more careful about how I tilt the left side of my head while rinsing product out of my hair. 🙂

@WinglessOne 

I didn't know Olaplex does that 😮  I use it all the time so I guess I'll have to be careful!

@RAWRitsRED Eh, it might just be me because my eyes are rather sensitive. I can't wear 95+% of mascaras on the market because they make my eyes itch and burn. But yeah, whenever I get Olaplex in my eye, it turns completely red and stays like that for hours. 😄 At least it doesn't hurt in the process. 

I’m waiting on mine to get here. Hopefully it will be fabulous!

I don't think this needs an explanation..sad thing is my fingernails aren't even that long😰

0807201738.jpg

I did the same freaking thing to my mini retro

🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️😩 ugh that’s the worst @sonnydee

I hate when this happens 😢

@sonnydee 😢

4 Replies
testing