Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Loretta55 I don't keep much skincare back-ups, but I certainly do with hair.  It's gotten to the point where if I "only" have five back-ups, then I need to re-stock.

I am testing products while trying to replace my DevaCurl products @greeneyedgirl107. I don’t know if I am too fussy but I have not yet found something that wows me.

@Loretta55 I imagine that would be VERY hard.  When I find a hair product I like, I rarely switch it out for another.  I couldn't imagine having to find suitable replacements.

I used ALTERNA Haircare CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Replenishing Moisture CC Cream 5.1 oz / 150 mL @greeneyedgirl107 yesterday ,but my curls feel looser. On to the next product.

@Loretta55 How frustrating!!!  😞

So far Ouidad is the winner @greeneyedgirl107. As soon as I saw that it only offered light hold, I knew that I was in trouble. 

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Biggest beauty pet peeve is when they discontinue your fave shade / or product !

I'm 100% agree with this!

THE WORST!

@suzyo I’ve used that website for Amazon, but never for Sephora. It sounds like they identify “fake” reviews by looking for patterns, so I wonder if they way people look for makeup makes them ID “fake” reviews more often. I definitely shop for makeup differently than I shop for anything else. That is, by participating here or reading blogs or watching YouTube or instagram, I think we might get primed to use more similar words to describe makeup, such as describing eyeshadows as buttery and pigmented. While it would be weird if everyone used the same word to describe a charging cable on Amazon, it seems less weird to me for everyone to use the same or similar words for makeup.

Spoiler

We use artificial intelligence that has been trained to pick up on patterns. The more data that flows into the system, the better the system gets at the detecting fake and unreliable content. Our algorithms run through multiple tests to determine if a review is authentic or not. 

We do not reveal any additional information about our methods for detecting fake and unreliable content because we want to help protect consumers and prevent fake and unreliable reviews from avoiding detection by Fakespot.  

Thank you for the info @skcfan. I look at wording less and pay attention more to the number of reviews for new brands I’ve never heard of, like Dr Lara Devgan. I’m always highly suspicious of new products with so many 5 star reviews so quickly.

Boob and butt masks. I just saw this one on the site. Seriously? We need to be more insecure about our bodies and slap a sheet mask on those areas? I hate this kind of marketing. If you want to rub lotion there, go for it. But my as* and the girls definitely do not need a hydrating mask. Screenshot_20200521-190914_Chrome.jpg

Why is the idea of a boob and butt mask so funny to me?

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Just another tactic to get women to spend money / feel insecure for no reason!!!!!!!! I thought the same thing when I started seeing these products. Like really?

@sprocketta @CoffeeWuff I 100% buy both, not for any results, but because I find masking to be a fun activity to do! I do them with my partner for fun. So, while I don’t expect results, I do think they’re pretty hilarious and a good time.  

@lnum  I love that idea!  I'm totally stealing it 😉 

@Inum let us know how they are then. 😉 I imagine them to...

@InuM let us know how they are then. 😉 I imagine them to be a bit uncomfy & does on need to stand around naked or...? I guess I am fine with normal body lotion. 😅 It's great you can do things like that with your boyfriend, though. 😉

Re: @Inum let us know how they are then. 😉 I imagine them to...

@CoffeeWuff They’re really cold when you first put them on, but they warm up a bit after a few minutes. We usually just take a nap for 20-30 minutes with them on since you can’t really move or they’ll fall off. 😂

@lnum that's perspective I didn't have! Thanks!

@sprocketta 

I was thinking the same. ^.^ I am still somehow curious whether anyone buys them though (well, I am sure) & what the reviews will say. Not sure the world was waiting for butt & boob masks - but here we go, I guess. 

@CoffeeWuff  the reviews are pretty funny. When I first saw the Sephora Collections brand come out with some a while back, my first thought was how one size doesn't fit all here 

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 8.41.28 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-23 at 8.41.39 AM.png

2 Replies
testing