Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

I hate when work gets in my way of shopping @greeneyedgir...

I hate when work gets in my way of shopping @Anonymous7 I have actually gone to the restroom at work to place an order ( gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes) I happen to wake up at 5 am this morning and was able to place an order for 2 of the IT lipsticks. I'm sorry you missed out.

Re: I hate when work gets in my way of shopping @greeneyedgir...

@Luvstravel Just seeing this now...you're my kinda girl!

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Deluxe samples of masks that have room on the packaging but don't print instructions on how to use them. Way too many do this! I get out of the shower ready to try one and realise I have to check online first.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I live in Arizona, so tiny biggest pet peeve is when an order arrives and I’m not home! I’ve had too rerun a cohoe things because they exploded from being in the heat outside my door. It’s a v sad time in the summer here. Lol

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I get annoyed when a skincare product makes my makeup sticky, or when an acid toner causes my squalane oil to pill badly.

When you order a palette when you are not at home to double check....i now have 2 Tom Ford Suspicion palettes. Good thing they are my go to colors🙄🤷🤦

@sonnydee I've done this!!!!😂😂

@sonnydee I keep a folder of pics when I post in the haul...

@sonnydee I keep a folder of pics when I post in the haul thread and there have been several occasions I was fixing to order a product again, only to look back and see I already purchased it.

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I spent at least an hour painting my toes last night starting with theNail Inc. Superfood base coat, watched t.v letting that layer dry, Nails Inc. Unicorn nail polish, same letting that layer dry, then top coat letting that layer dry. This is someone who has only regularly started painting toes during quarantine. Didn't even think twice when I put the foot peeling booties on tonight for for the first time and left them on an hour. Took booties off and the duh moment kicked in 😟 cute toes turned into ruined mess 😡 Guess who's going to the nail salon this week 😉

@Luvstravel Oh no!   

@Luvstravel oh booooooo!

When skin care products have fragrance and colour dyes in them. Its really annoying because I always look at the ingredients list of everything I buy, and many products will have so many really great skincare ingredients, but then there is added parfums and colour. It is so unnecessary and causes irritation, toxic hormonal effects, and increases the risk of cancer. 

Cutting my finger in the shower trying to open shampoo and conditioner bottles!  The funny thing is, I was trying to depot a bottle of shampoo into a liter bottle to avoid such an incident.

That is the worst @greeneyedgirl107! Hope that the cut was not too deep.

@Loretta55 It's not too bad.  I was mainly worried about having to apply styling products, blow drying and flat ironing with the cut, as I find band aids to be clunky during those tasks.  It was all right - it's happened a few times before over the years 😛

I have not used a flat iron in over 10 years @greeneyedgirl107 . It is difficult maneuvering styling products and styling tools while wearing band aids.

@greeneyedgirl107 

Good on you for buying litres. I get bored too easily, especially of shampoo. I switch up my shampoo every other week lol 

@GG84 I bet you have quite a stash!  🙂

My complaint is that I was applying my Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum 1 oz and with no warning I was unable to get anything else to come out. Of course, I had no back up. I wish that Murad could possibly add something to their products that give you some kind of warning that you are towards the end of the product. I would have purchased another bottle but of course we can not just go to the store at this time so I will have to wait for the delivery.

@Loretta55 Yes!  That sort of thing drives me crazy.  I have no idea how much I have left on my First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Hydrating Serum.  And I ran out of my FIRST AID BEAUTY - FAB Skin Lab Retinol Serum 0.25% Pure Concentrate over the holidays, and had to rush out and get one -- luckily Dermstore had a sale.  

I guess I could keep a diary of approximately how long it takes me to go through products, but I'm a little lazy for that!

I thought that I had a back up but I only had a back up of my daytime serum @greeneyedgirl107 .

testing