Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Cutting my finger in the shower trying to open shampoo and conditioner bottles!  The funny thing is, I was trying to depot a bottle of shampoo into a liter bottle to avoid such an incident.

That is the worst @greeneyedgirl107! Hope that the cut was not too deep.

@Loretta55 It's not too bad.  I was mainly worried about having to apply styling products, blow drying and flat ironing with the cut, as I find band aids to be clunky during those tasks.  It was all right - it's happened a few times before over the years 😛

I have not used a flat iron in over 10 years @greeneyedgirl107 . It is difficult maneuvering styling products and styling tools while wearing band aids.

@greeneyedgirl107 

Good on you for buying litres. I get bored too easily, especially of shampoo. I switch up my shampoo every other week lol 

@GG84 I bet you have quite a stash!  🙂

My complaint is that I was applying my Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum 1 oz and with no warning I was unable to get anything else to come out. Of course, I had no back up. I wish that Murad could possibly add something to their products that give you some kind of warning that you are towards the end of the product. I would have purchased another bottle but of course we can not just go to the store at this time so I will have to wait for the delivery.

@Loretta55 Yes!  That sort of thing drives me crazy.  I have no idea how much I have left on my First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Hydrating Serum.  And I ran out of my FIRST AID BEAUTY - FAB Skin Lab Retinol Serum 0.25% Pure Concentrate over the holidays, and had to rush out and get one -- luckily Dermstore had a sale.  

I guess I could keep a diary of approximately how long it takes me to go through products, but I'm a little lazy for that!

I thought that I had a back up but I only had a back up of my daytime serum @greeneyedgirl107 .

@Loretta55 I don't keep much skincare back-ups, but I certainly do with hair.  It's gotten to the point where if I "only" have five back-ups, then I need to re-stock.

I am testing products while trying to replace my DevaCurl products @greeneyedgirl107. I don’t know if I am too fussy but I have not yet found something that wows me.

@Loretta55 I imagine that would be VERY hard.  When I find a hair product I like, I rarely switch it out for another.  I couldn't imagine having to find suitable replacements.

I used ALTERNA Haircare CAVIAR Anti-Aging® Replenishing Moisture CC Cream 5.1 oz / 150 mL @greeneyedgirl107 yesterday ,but my curls feel looser. On to the next product.

@Loretta55 How frustrating!!!  😞

So far Ouidad is the winner @greeneyedgirl107. As soon as I saw that it only offered light hold, I knew that I was in trouble. 

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Biggest beauty pet peeve is when they discontinue your fave shade / or product !

I'm 100% agree with this!

THE WORST!

@suzyo I’ve used that website for Amazon, but never for Sephora. It sounds like they identify “fake” reviews by looking for patterns, so I wonder if they way people look for makeup makes them ID “fake” reviews more often. I definitely shop for makeup differently than I shop for anything else. That is, by participating here or reading blogs or watching YouTube or instagram, I think we might get primed to use more similar words to describe makeup, such as describing eyeshadows as buttery and pigmented. While it would be weird if everyone used the same word to describe a charging cable on Amazon, it seems less weird to me for everyone to use the same or similar words for makeup.

Spoiler

We use artificial intelligence that has been trained to pick up on patterns. The more data that flows into the system, the better the system gets at the detecting fake and unreliable content. Our algorithms run through multiple tests to determine if a review is authentic or not. 

We do not reveal any additional information about our methods for detecting fake and unreliable content because we want to help protect consumers and prevent fake and unreliable reviews from avoiding detection by Fakespot.  

Thank you for the info @skcfan. I look at wording less and pay attention more to the number of reviews for new brands I’ve never heard of, like Dr Lara Devgan. I’m always highly suspicious of new products with so many 5 star reviews so quickly.

Boob and butt masks. I just saw this one on the site. Seriously? We need to be more insecure about our bodies and slap a sheet mask on those areas? I hate this kind of marketing. If you want to rub lotion there, go for it. But my as* and the girls definitely do not need a hydrating mask. Screenshot_20200521-190914_Chrome.jpg

5 Replies
testing