Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@greeneyedgirl107 I hope your package shows up soon. I almost had a panic attack last night when both Ontrac and Sephora notifications show my package was delivered.  (I ordered a big Tom Ford perfume bottle for my hubby Xmas gift). This morning I ran outside and look and it was there. This time I didn’t have to call but the last 3 times (2 with FedEx and 1 UPS) I called and the package magically showed up couple hours later. 

@blackkitty2014 I would totally panic if that happened to me!

@greeneyedgirl107 that sucks! I had a package delivered to my neighbor’s house one day (i didn’t really know them) and until I went and asked for it they didn’t seem to be about to return it. It had the right address on it and everything so they could’ve just dropped it off next door -_-. UPS was unable to do something about it right away and Sephora just redirected me to the carrier. UPS said they would conduct an investigation and they did follow up with me one or two weeks later so maybe contact the carrier first.

@makeitup305 Thanks for giving me some direction on where to start!

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I'm always so stressed when it comes to black friday deals and every year I spend too much money on stuff I don't need. This year I only bought foreo ufo device only because it was $10 on their website. Any recommendations for a good serum?

@normablu7   There are so many great choices available.  If my skin is getting bumpy from being dry, I'll use Drunk Elephant's B Hydra.

I've gotten a few samples of Vichy's Mineral 89 Face Serum with Hyaluronic Acid, and really liked it!  It seems to have some skin calming/clearing properties for me.  Plus, it's reasonably priced ( $20 for the smaller 1 oz bottle) and lasts forever.

@Ispend2much6  Ooo this is good to know about the Vichy Mineral 89! I saw that Shoppers Drug Mart had a GWP over the weekend for Vichy, but it looks like it’s gone now. Will keep an eye out next time to try this!

@Guessgal   Do you have Ulta? They carry it.  You're in CA though, right?  I thought that's where Shoppers is.

I don't know what exactly makes it so good, but it seems to help make/keep my skin a little more clear.

@Ispend2much6  Ulta ships to Canada, but their duties are too much for me to handle - yikes! Rumour has it that Ulta stores are coming next year tho! Interesting, I’ll read up on Mineral 89. Clearer skin is always welcomed 😉

@normablu7 you got the Foreo for $10?! I really like mine. The Foreo masks are really nice and come with tons of product in them. I love using mine. 

With the Black Friday deals posted on the Natasha Denona website, I thought that my order never went through. The website just kept looping. I tried placing an order on Tuesday but I never received confirmation. After receiving the email that the website was restocked, I attempted to place an order for the same three items plus I added an additional item. I still never received confirmation that was order was received. My basket had all of the items from my order when I attempted to place my order. I even checked order status and the website stated that I had no orders on file.

Fast foward to this morning, I received an email from Natasha Denona that my order from Wednesday was accepted. I then checked the website and saw that the order that I attempted to place on Tuesday was accepted. I sent an email to Natasha Denona customer service hoping to cancel the first order. BTW I did even check my junk mail and there was no confirmation from Natasha Denona. Fingers are crossed and I am hoping that a solution could be found.

@Loretta55 I wished I made an order on Monday night. I overthinking things, didn’t make a purchase until Tuesday morning when her site had the crash fiasco. What a mess. Until today I still haven’t received any confirmation nor shipping notifications. But looks liked it is confirmed when I logged in. I wonder if it will ever processed. 😂🤣🤪

@blackkitty2014 @Loretta55 ND’s IG is full of people complaining about being charged 3x for their order and never receiving a confirmation. I guess a lot of people had issues paying and resubmitted their order and were charged multiple times and were complaint about not having money for the holidays or for rent.

@makeitup305 I guess there is no coordination between sales/marketing and IT. They obviously lower the free shipping thresholds and deeper discount to get more sales but obviously they can’t handle the volume. 

@blackkitty2014 most definitely. Their site was constantly crashing, too. Many people were also annoyed because they had the exact same issue last year. I’m just happy mine went through and arrived safely!

ND refunded me for four separate transactions but they did not reach out about canceling or letting me amend one of my orders @makeitup305 , @blackkitty2014 . I of course found more items that I would like to place an order for but I am scared that the same thing will happen. I guess PMG may possibly get another order placed by me. I am very happy with the order from PMG with one very small complaint, that black shredded plastic confetti like material that my order was packed with. I swear that I cleaned up that mess but I am still finding pieces of that black confetti.

If I do receive duplicates of my ND palettes, I will be placing them for trade on the trade thread.

@Loretta55 glad that you got your money back! I feel like if you reordered, since it’s no longer so highly trafficked you would be ok, but I understand your reticence. Have you looked at what Beautylish is offering? I know they had some ND stuff on sale. I haven’t ordered from PMG direct in a while but her packaging I still remember. That black confetti is the packing version of glitter lol

I did look at Beautylish website @makeitup305 . I was hoping that they were matching ND sale but no such luck. I am scared that I may have the same problem again using the ND website.

@Loretta55 I’m glad ND refunded you! They should’ve proactively emailed you about the refund, though. Good grief. 

Either their online order process or their production launch process needs an overhaul. It seemed like they didn’t expect so many people to place orders during the first few hours after they pushed most of the sale content and code live. My first order that day seemed to catch them mid-launch. I was so nervous, I took a screenshot of the order confirmation page in case it fell through a dev crack. I got an order confirmation email. Then a few hours later, I got an automated email asking if I still wanted all the items that were in my cart for that order—and each item was marked “out of stock” in the email. 😬 Kinda like when I place a Sephora order, and a day or so later I get an automated “hey, remember these things you looked at, better buy ‘em” email, but much more anxiety inducing. 🤣 

Since you and @blackkitty2014  mentioned the black PMG plastic tinsel: remember when it used to be black shredded paper? At least that stuff was recyclable in some cities, and much easier to clean up in retrospect. I need to find out if this plastic stuff is at all recyclable. Otherwise, my big bag of tinsel will continue to grow—and it’s harder to think up ways to reuse this stuff than the sequins. 

Sequins included in photo for scale. :D WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THIS BLACK PLASTIC TINSEL, PAT?Sequins included in photo for scale. 😄 WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THIS BLACK PLASTIC TINSEL, PAT?

@WinglessOne I gladly will take the popcorn fillers over the black plastic tinsel. I hated cleaning it up when I got Divine Rose 

10 Replies
testing