Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@niki172 thx for the gif. It cracked me up 😂🤣😘

@blackkitty2014 I *may* have dated myself there, but when the shoe fits....😂😂.

@blackkitty2014 - I'm missing those same two teeth.  I got bridges and crowns after my braces came off.

Anonymous Insider

Putting on the perfect face half awake in the morning and then getting in the car to go to work, looking in the mirror and I OOP-

@Anonymous Yeah, I woke up super early this morning so I took the time to do a neutral eye look that in the past had appeared well blended and a little dewy.  Today it just looked flat once I got to work.  Upsetting - like, is the palette not how I remembered, do I need new brushes, or did I just do an awful job?!  😛

What is wrong with people? Two different clients of mine today (who I see on a regular basis) both grown men out of the blue said to me something along the lines of “You would be so much prettier if...” 🤦‍♀️🤯 In an office environment that would be sexual harassment but I don’t work in an office. I’m disgusted and deeply offended. It’s not okay to say things like that to someone. 

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

“Well you’d be so much handsomer if you kept your opinions to yourself” 🙂

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@GG84 sorry you had to hear this utter BS. These sort of comments piss me off to no end.

Turds!

I love Janelle Monae, someone tried to feed her some crap and she was "I'm not for male consumption."

@GG84Ug!! That's so inappropriate 😠 Hope the rest of your week is better ❤️

@GG84 I've been trying to think of some possible reason for their statements, but there just isn't.  I'm sorry you had to go through that not once but twice.  Here's to better days ahead!

Image result for hearts gif

@GG84That's so gross, I'm sorry that happened to you (and to anyone ever), much less at work- like dang yo I already have 1000 things I'd rather be doing and listening to your BS still managed to make the top of the list 🙄

@GG84, that's pretty creepy.  😕  

@curlychiquita 

The downside of working in an industry all about vanity I suppose 🙄

@GG84 A curt ‘Thank you I’ll keep that in mind if I’m ever looking to attract someone’ would shut that down real quick . 

@heartsmyface That's a good one! 

I'd like to say back, "You'd be so much more handsome if you kept your mouth shut," but then that's just sinking to their level, and letting them know they got to you.  

Image result for simpsons why do i always think of the right things to say

@greeneyedgirl107 @heartsmyface 

My quick mouth gets me in trouble at times. I essentially at the end of the day work in sales through education. It’s a lot of smiling and taking it or losing the sale. 

@GG84 I totally understand!  I work in healthcare, and sometimes I feel like I have to bite my tongue until it bleeds.  I applaud you for being able to smile even when you don't feel like it.  That's very hard to do - and exhausting.

@GG84   I feel like it’s easier to let things slide sometimes but at a certain point you have to take their intent into consideration.  Like what was the intended purpose of the unsolicited advice?  Flirting?  To make you uncomfortable to get an upper edge?  To sincerely help you?  Intent is an important factor when I’m gauging whether to brush it off or go into défense mode.  It sucks that a pay check is attached to that harassment.  

@heartsmyface Yeah - where I work there is a code of conduct for the staff.  But so many times I think there should be a code of conduct for the client.  It works both ways!  I think sometimes people act up b/c they know they can get away with it.

Here’s a fun one.  I was in Japan playing metal games for a while and while walking out looked at my hands.  They were blackZ. The arcade had cloths for exactly this purpose so I washed my hands and left.  A block away from the arcade, my friend looked at me and laughed. I had been touching my face all night.  

We popped into a 711 and bought what I thought were biore makeup remover wipes and started wiping my face.  Lol, nope, they were biore deodorant wipes.  My fave was all powdery and very perfumey.  At least the black residue was gone?  🥴

testing