Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@GG84, that's pretty creepy.  😕  

@curlychiquita 

The downside of working in an industry all about vanity I suppose 🙄

@GG84 A curt ‘Thank you I’ll keep that in mind if I’m ever looking to attract someone’ would shut that down real quick . 

@heartsmyface That's a good one! 

I'd like to say back, "You'd be so much more handsome if you kept your mouth shut," but then that's just sinking to their level, and letting them know they got to you.  

Image result for simpsons why do i always think of the right things to say

@greeneyedgirl107 @heartsmyface 

My quick mouth gets me in trouble at times. I essentially at the end of the day work in sales through education. It’s a lot of smiling and taking it or losing the sale. 

@GG84 I totally understand!  I work in healthcare, and sometimes I feel like I have to bite my tongue until it bleeds.  I applaud you for being able to smile even when you don't feel like it.  That's very hard to do - and exhausting.

@GG84   I feel like it’s easier to let things slide sometimes but at a certain point you have to take their intent into consideration.  Like what was the intended purpose of the unsolicited advice?  Flirting?  To make you uncomfortable to get an upper edge?  To sincerely help you?  Intent is an important factor when I’m gauging whether to brush it off or go into défense mode.  It sucks that a pay check is attached to that harassment.  

@heartsmyface Yeah - where I work there is a code of conduct for the staff.  But so many times I think there should be a code of conduct for the client.  It works both ways!  I think sometimes people act up b/c they know they can get away with it.

Here’s a fun one.  I was in Japan playing metal games for a while and while walking out looked at my hands.  They were blackZ. The arcade had cloths for exactly this purpose so I washed my hands and left.  A block away from the arcade, my friend looked at me and laughed. I had been touching my face all night.  

We popped into a 711 and bought what I thought were biore makeup remover wipes and started wiping my face.  Lol, nope, they were biore deodorant wipes.  My fave was all powdery and very perfumey.  At least the black residue was gone?  🥴

The deodorant wipes 😭

The deodorant wipes 😭

When PMG Ritualistic Rose quad that sells out from your basket during checkout, then instead of restocking, disappears from the website and your love list, comes back at Sephora website as soon the sale ends .

@fatimamummy  My sale order for it got canceled a few days ago and now it's back in stock as soon as the sale is over.

@Seymore3  That is so not cool. Maybe contact Customer service with your canceled order number and ask them to honour the discount for this palette, depending on the rep you connect with, you may actually be able to get the discount.

Ugh @fatimamummy it seems like I've heard a lot about this phenomenon in years past. More expensive stuff sells out during the sale and then magically restocked as soon as it's over. Not cool Sephora...

@sprocketta Ha it is very common, every time.

@sprocketta @fatimamummy 

Yeah, that happened to a Sulwhasoo mask my aunt wanted!

It’s so annoying @Guessgal . If they don’t want to sell anything at discount why not list them in exclusions.

@sprocketta  Very True.

When you realize you're running dangerously low on moisturizer 12 hours after the sale ends. 😧 Ugh. Oh well, at least 20% isn't revolutionary.

@Nickelliebear1 hang on til Black Friday. Odds are you can buy it cheaper direct from their site or from another retailer.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Wanting to color test Tom Ford traceless foundation before splurging, but no stores within a hundred miles carry it...😩 or some of their most intriguing fragrances.
4 Replies
testing