Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

when you're waiting for a package so you keep checking, and then they come while you're in the bathroom Smiley LOL and instead of just leaving it like usual, they bring it to an "access point" downtown, instead of the one 5 blocks from your house. Woman LOL Smiley LOL Smiley Very Happy

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Ugh, that is the worst. Amazon was doing that for a while and it annoyed me so much- like dang yo, it’s not 2 day shipping if you never actually drop it off 🙄

Re: RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

it's weird bc they usually just leave them...and it's annoying never knowing what to expect with these people, if they're going to come a day early, or in the evening...at least if you know what to expect then you can plan accordingly...like if I knew they weren't going to leave them then I wouldn't have to wait around all day and keep checking...but then if you think well they won't leave them, then...of course you'd be wrong. lol.  the most annoying thing is having to go all the way downtown to get them, when there are places nearby they could have, and used to, drop them.

Does this count as a pet peeve? 

Trying on new eyeshadow or lip color and not being sure if it actually looks good or not. I'd love to try some of the crazy colors out there! Yet, I am terrified that I'll look awful in them. The insecurity kills me! DX

@GingerRootKit   Hmmmm, is it cause you’re not sure about the colors or about your skills?  You can always practice wearing colors at night and get used to seeing yourself first before debuting them in public.   

Sometimes, it can be both. But when I try new colors, i go with a very simple technique so I am not overwhelmed. But I really like your idea of trying colors at night! 

Lol, this isn’t really a peeve.  Just me being excited and impatient.  I got a notification that I became BOSSIII a few days ago and I am ancy and waiting for my status to change on the forum.  Hahaha.   It’s all a big tease!   😏

It didn't change on the forum at the same time @heartsmyface ?  Odd.  But HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

@missjeanie   Thank you, lol.  And no, on Monday my homepage was showing me as a Gogetter still, I got the notification that I was a big boss, and my avatar said I was a bossII. 🤷‍♀️  My homepage seems to be updated now to bossII.  

Maybe I’ll be a BossII forever.  😂

Congratulations, @heartsmyface !  I hope it's real and not a joke!

@Titian06   It’s real😭!!I have screen shots form Monday!!  Haha,  it was  just them playing with me wasn't it?  

1141D2A7-6649-4300-9A50-2B5BC17ED460.jpeg

@heartsmyface - Woo-hoo!!  💖💖💖

My latest pet peeve? When products marketed for my skin type only end up making matters worse. Case in point: I spent Lord knows how much money this summer on matte foundations especially those that are top-rated. These include, but are not limited to Clinique Stay-Matte, Estee Lauder Double Wear (liquid and powder) and MUFE Matte Velvet Skin foundations. Without fail, all of them broke me out, oxidized like crazy on me (think Oompa-Loompa or a Thundercat), irritated my skin and caused my eyes to become puffy and watery, aged me by 10 years, became cakey as the day went on and made me super oily. This also surprisingly happened with Bobbi Brown's BB Cream and Laura Mercier's oil-free tinted moisturizer.

Although my skin is oily and prone to hormonal breakouts, my skin is still pretty clear.  These base products wrecked such havoc that it sometimes took weeks to get my skin back to normal. I also realized that a couple of these foundations contain ingredients such as alcohol, which mattified my face so much that my skin overcompensated by producing more oil.  As it turned out, I realized by accident that skin-like foundations such NARS Sheer Glow and MUFE Water Blend Face and Body actually work much better for me.

Proof positive that it pays to do my homework beforehand by researching the ingredients and getting samples beforehand and not being swayed by how popular a product is. 

@missjr If I had a dollar for every time a product targeted towards rosacea had essential oils, fragrance, etc...

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I just received an order I cancled in 2017 after it was lost in the mail. Not sure if I have been charged for it and don't want it as I stoped buying KVD not long after. Now I need to findout out if I was charged for an order I cancled almost 2 years ago.

@moxiepancakes WHAT! That is both nuts and amazing, like an actual time capsule! Has it just been circulating around the postal service for all this time!?

I guess Nov 2017 was a bad month for them. I got a Too Fa...

I guess Nov 2017 was a bad month for them. I got a Too Faced White Chocolate Bar.

@moxiepancakes   Oh what a blast from the past! 😄After that long though, I would just donate it and write it off.   

that's so random @moxiepancakes ! I actually think I saw someone on reddit say this also happened to them (also with KVD but a different product).  I wonder if a batch of cancelled things somehow got accidentally mailed. 

That is madness!! Maybe you could gift the KVD for Christ...

That is madness!! Maybe you could gift the KVD for Christmas?

This is so strange @moxiepancakes I had the same two items in an order placed 11/21/17 that went missing! I changed the address after it shipped, so I assumed that’s why it got lost. I wonder if mine will show up now, but like you I have no real interest in the kvd anymore. So bizarre!

13 Replies
testing