Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

The nom told me how special and unique her daughter was....

The nom told me how special and unique her daughter was. She made it known how proud of her daughter she was and at one point left me with her to amuse while she shopped some more.

Re: The nom told me how special and unique her daughter was....

I assume babysitting is not one of your job duties @ChescaCat. I would have definitely said something to her mom. I bet that you looked really good! Keep your chin up!

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Went to the aesthetician today, and after out appointment she applied sunscreen and a tinted moisturizer - then failed to blend the tinted moisturizer (which does NOT match my skin tone) into any part of my face/neck. 

I went home and fixed it as best I could before work. 

Hi @Zpsid91,

That is the worst! I am happy to hear you had time to fix it before work! 

Best,
Rebecca

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When your mascara doesn’t come off for days even though you used every kind of eye make up remover and your dark circles are even darker lol Or you wake up looking like a drunken lady of the night or super hot with a smoky eye that looks hot as hell. Hit or miss!’ 💋

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@scumDFL  Farmacy green clean gets EVERYTHING off.  

Banila Co Clean it Zero is one of my holy Grail products,...

Banila Co Clean it Zero is one of my holy Grail products, and it works so well on stubborn eye makeup!

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@scumDFL what mascara? And what removers did you try?

When your sister sends you a Sephora package but doesn't enter a GWP promo 😛

@greeneyedgirl107, Yay for the package, booo for not gett...

@Anonymous7, Yay for the package, booo for not getting a little something extra 🤨 I HATE when I forget the GWP and I know everyone has done it, when they get in a hurry and place an order.

Re: @greeneyedgirl107, Yay for the package, booo for not gett...

@Luvstravel It’s maddening!  The funniest part is the deluxe samples get stashed in a drawer somewhere never to be seen again but it still upsets me to miss out on one!  😂

After moving to LA I have noticed that fedex delivery around here sucks. They have a scheduled delivery date when it's first shipped and then if the package moves along faster and gets to the facility near my house quicker than anticipated they just hold it there until the original scheduled delivery date before sending it out for delivery. 

I placed an order from cult beauty and it got to the fedex near me very quickly. Unfortunately it arrived there last wednesday and the scheduled delivery date says next Wednesday 10/9?? They're literally just gonna let it sit in the office an hour away from me for over a week because it's such a hardship for them to deliver promptly when they receive it. .

So this tragedy happened when I hurriedly went into my closet to find a purse. I didn’t notice this BB cream had fallen to the floor and stepped lightly on it, causing it to burst🤦🏼‍♀️

CB9D12E0-CAC8-451F-9F39-06968FE38989.jpeg

This is The Face Shop Intensive Glow Maxi BB cream. It’s not the first time this tube has given me problems; I had trouble getting any product out the first time I used it and somehow a lot of it got on my shirt that time. I think it’s an issue with their tube packaging... most tubes don’t give to a bit of pressure. Anyways, I’m not a fan of the product itself, since I find that it separates on my face very easily so I’m not as mad that it happened to this one. But still have to deal with getting it out of the carpet 😫

@Guessgal   :0 :0 :0 :0

bb cream is so hard to get out and takes a lot of patience.  I’m so sorry!   Do you have a beauty blender bar?   That soap is amazing for when you’ve got the bulk of the cream

out of the carpet.  

It helps to put packing tape around the ‘stain’ as deep into the carpet as you can to avoid spreading it when you’re trying to get it out.  Ugh what a pain! 

@Guessgal I've scrolled by this post a couple times and not commented but winced when I saw the picture. At least it wasn't a super high end item. But that looks like such a bitc* to clean up. Thankfully the only broken items I've had are eyeshadow, but that's a pain too. I hope the stain comes out one day.

Try Zout. Takes out everything. 🙂

@Guessgal, this is the 2nd time I've come back to this po...

@Guessgal, this is the 2nd time I've come back to this post. I felt so bad for you, that I just couldn't fathom having to clean this up. I so hope it came out of your carpet!

@Guessgal, I'm glad most of it came out! Thanks for posti...

@Guessgal, I'm glad most of it came out! Thanks for posting back.

Re: @Guessgal, this is the 2nd time I've come back to this po...

Thanks for your genuine concern, ladies @Luvstravel @eshoe @Ispend2much6 

I used Lysol on it, then switched to Resolve. They helped lighten it a bit, but it still needs some work 😕

Oh my @Guessgal 😭😱😩 that is absolutely awful, I am so very sorry!!!!

Folex. If it can get accidentally ground in dark chocolat...

Folex. If it can get accidentally ground in dark chocolate from an ice cream bar out of a white carpet with no mark to suggest it had ever been there, it should get bb cream out too. Completely saturate the spot and then blot and spray. Repeat until it's gone. I've even gotten sick kitty "accidents" out of a cream colored rug with this stuff.
testing