Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

What is a spookiest?? @MelD31 

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

This @l8totheparty ! I actually started doing my mascara first, cleaning up my lid, then doing my eyeshadow... and you know what? I don't hate it. Sometimes I have to touch up my mascara if some shadow got on it but the initial layer kinda acts as a fallout guard! Who would have thought?

This idea could work! @SurprisedLemur 

@l8totheparty  I swear this happens EVERY TIME. I even have a mascara shield!  Lol, I never use it but you’d think I would have learned to pull it out and put it to use by now . 

I got a mascara shield a couple weeks ago!  I find it awkward and the mascara still hits my eyelids. Ugh. Lol

@heartsmyface 

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

So I was at work, and I had done an awesome, even, and sharp winged liner. We are talking 1950s pin up girl retro sexy sharp. I was proud of it. Then this 10 year old comes into the store with her mom, insults everything about my appearance, and tells me my eyeliner looks dumb. I wanted to hit the kid so bad.

I am SO sorry that happened to you. The mother sounds like a horse's hindquarters. I know that's rude as heII, but FWIW, you should pity the kid. Someone growing up like that is destined for a hard fall. I hope when it happens, she reminds her mother what a great job she did raising her.

exactly.  sadly, bad mothers aren't usually aware of what bad mothers they are (or at least they don't want to admit it), even when you point it out.  sadly, I think people like that have kids, or a lot of kids, to train them to be like them, so they have their own little army of people like them so no one can say anything to them.  I just wonder how they function in school or work.

Agreed. The kid is the mom's Mini Me, so if you say anything about their bad behavior, narcissistic Mom goes apesheet. Her kid is a monster brat, and this moron is congratulating her on it. The mother should be sterilized, and I really do pity the kid. It won't be long until someone puts her in her place, and the older she gets before that happens, the more painful it's going to be (and the sadder for the kid, because she's never going to get why other people reject her BS behavior. I mean, Mom said she's perfect!)

yes.  that's what I thought too, one day she's going to mouth off to the wrong person and get her teeth knocked in. Smiley Very Happy  lol. at least in the old days you could discipline other people's kids, or it would get back to the parents if they were acting up, so people had respect and manners...of course that's assuming they care, so probably wouldn't help here.  sadly it reminds me of the people who are always complaining about people on welfare, trying to make them seem like they're all bad and lazy and have a bunch of kids, which usually pisses me off bc most are decent/good, but this is one case where it really seems like they must be, bc how else could either of them function and get away w/that behavior. 😞

wow.  I would have told them their face looks stupid and they were an accident. lol

that's terrible that you have to deal w/that at work.  was there a manager you could talk to to have them removed?  these days customers can just go online to complain about anything, but what about employees?  seems worse because you probably can't say or do much, but you shouldn't have to deal with some crappy mom and her brat kid at work.

@ChescaCat  :O. Did her mother set her straight?  I have a bad feeling it’s gonna be a no cause that’s generally learned behaviour but I’m clinging to hope.   

Sorry to hear that.  It’s awful being trashed on, even if it is by a ten year old.  

Nope! The Mom made a big deal about how special and diffe...

Nope! The Mom made a big deal about how special and different her daughter was. She was proud of her daughter for speaking her opinion and knowing what she liked and wanted me to be thankful her child was treating me that way. She was in full support of the daughter.

Re: Nope! The Mom made a big deal about how special and diffe...

how disgusting.  it's too bad they don't teach manners anymore.  or let you hit other people's kids...lol.

@treestar86 You really have to wonder what goes through people’s minds sometimes.  Like, do they really think their child is faultless or are they just embarrassed at their parenting skills and are doubling down on the behaviour acting as if they taught their child something good?  

@heartsmyface  yes...probably training them to be just as self-important as they are, or hoping they'll be a reality star w/that kind of behavior and get rich.

That's terrible @ChescaCat what did the mom do in response?

The nom told me how special and unique her daughter was....

The nom told me how special and unique her daughter was. She made it known how proud of her daughter she was and at one point left me with her to amuse while she shopped some more.

Re: The nom told me how special and unique her daughter was....

I assume babysitting is not one of your job duties @ChescaCat. I would have definitely said something to her mom. I bet that you looked really good! Keep your chin up!

Went to the aesthetician today, and after out appointment she applied sunscreen and a tinted moisturizer - then failed to blend the tinted moisturizer (which does NOT match my skin tone) into any part of my face/neck. 

I went home and fixed it as best I could before work. 

Hi @Zpsid91,

That is the worst! I am happy to hear you had time to fix it before work! 

Best,
Rebecca

1 Reply
testing