Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

So this tragedy happened when I hurriedly went into my closet to find a purse. I didn’t notice this BB cream had fallen to the floor and stepped lightly on it, causing it to burst🤦🏼‍♀️

CB9D12E0-CAC8-451F-9F39-06968FE38989.jpeg

This is The Face Shop Intensive Glow Maxi BB cream. It’s not the first time this tube has given me problems; I had trouble getting any product out the first time I used it and somehow a lot of it got on my shirt that time. I think it’s an issue with their tube packaging... most tubes don’t give to a bit of pressure. Anyways, I’m not a fan of the product itself, since I find that it separates on my face very easily so I’m not as mad that it happened to this one. But still have to deal with getting it out of the carpet 😫

@Guessgal   :0 :0 :0 :0

bb cream is so hard to get out and takes a lot of patience.  I’m so sorry!   Do you have a beauty blender bar?   That soap is amazing for when you’ve got the bulk of the cream

out of the carpet.  

It helps to put packing tape around the ‘stain’ as deep into the carpet as you can to avoid spreading it when you’re trying to get it out.  Ugh what a pain! 

@Guessgal I've scrolled by this post a couple times and not commented but winced when I saw the picture. At least it wasn't a super high end item. But that looks like such a bitc* to clean up. Thankfully the only broken items I've had are eyeshadow, but that's a pain too. I hope the stain comes out one day.

Try Zout. Takes out everything. 🙂

@Guessgal, this is the 2nd time I've come back to this po...

@Guessgal, this is the 2nd time I've come back to this post. I felt so bad for you, that I just couldn't fathom having to clean this up. I so hope it came out of your carpet!

@Guessgal, I'm glad most of it came out! Thanks for posti...

@Guessgal, I'm glad most of it came out! Thanks for posting back.

Re: @Guessgal, this is the 2nd time I've come back to this po...

Thanks for your genuine concern, ladies @Luvstravel @eshoe @Ispend2much6 

I used Lysol on it, then switched to Resolve. They helped lighten it a bit, but it still needs some work 😕

Oh my @Guessgal 😭😱😩 that is absolutely awful, I am so very sorry!!!!

Folex. If it can get accidentally ground in dark chocolat...

Folex. If it can get accidentally ground in dark chocolate from an ice cream bar out of a white carpet with no mark to suggest it had ever been there, it should get bb cream out too. Completely saturate the spot and then blot and spray. Repeat until it's gone. I've even gotten sick kitty "accidents" out of a cream colored rug with this stuff.

Re: Folex. If it can get accidentally ground in dark chocolat...

Oh wow, thank you so much for the recommendation @waterbaby1981 ! Sounds like a miracle product; I'll look into where these are sold!

@Guessgal   Ugh, so sad to see that.  I hope you are able to easily clean your carpet.

@Guessgal  😮 I’m glad the product itself isn’t much of a waste for you, but hopefully it won’t be too hard to clean it out of your carpet. 

I had a product with similar tube issues, but now I don’t recall what it was... might’ve been a skincare product. I just remember having to fight the tube to get product out, and from that point it always squirted way too much product out—to the point where I only squeezed the tube while holding it over my bathtub for easy cleanup. 😄 

@WinglessOne  What a smart idea to hold it over the bathtub!! Your response made me laugh in spite of our similar situations 🙂

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When people have obviously cakes foundation and don’t seem to care. Like, ughhhhh. You look like you’re wearing a face mask!!! I don’t care how much you hate your skin or how uneven it is, there are options and solutions for you that don’t make you look like a mannequin!!

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Judgement being passed on people who are already insecure and may not have developed makeup skills yet rubs me the wrong way.

Make up is a journey and we’re not all at the same level.  Rather than pass judgement why not offer them the solutions you already know and help them on their journey rather than sneer at them for making an effort to better themselves.  

You get a free sample card of foundation blisters of a foundation you've been wanting to try.  Of the two lightest shades, one is too dark, and the other is the wrong shade, but you figure, "How bad can it be?" and wear it out in public anyway.  After all, my face was still darker than my inner arm, so it should be fine.  And I added a slightly darker finishing powder for good measure.

When I returned home, this was the ONLY time my husband has ever said to me, "Your base, or whatever you call it, makes you look really bad.  You look very washed out."  And yes, he has picked up a few makeup terms along the way, and correctly identified the problem. lol  Not only that, but my powder and highlighter spread visible chunks of glitter all over my cheeks.

At least now I knew why people at the doctor's office seemed to be studying my face when we spoke.  I thought maybe they had noticed the accidental patches of burgundy hair around my forehead that resulted from me trying a new, warmer shade of hair coloring.

When people don’t remove their makeup before going to bed...

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@amanda0000   Haha, I’m guilty of this from time to time and it feels awful in the morning.  I try to keep some makeup removing wipes (removing some of it is better than none of it right?) and night cream by the bedside I case I make the mistake of  ‘just resting a moment’ and not being able to get back up, but sometimes even that doesn’t work.  

I cannot even nap with makeup on. It makes my skin crawl. Which is really aggravating because then I have to reapply which makes Napping very expensive!!

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When the Sephora app features products that interest you, but when you click on them the item does not show in the search results, or in any search you do for them. Honestly Sephora, I want to give you my money in exchange for these things!! There's currently two things featured on the Canadian app that I cannot find:

Same here! I have been waiting to find this since it firs...

Same here! I have been waiting to find this since it first appeared in the app and asked in another thread.
testing