Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Seymore3  Iโ€™ve never had that happen to a dry shampoo before and I keep several backups at home. Well, lesson learned even though it was such a nice highlight ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

After seeing multiple posts on Instagram from Nudestix about the Hillary Duff Daydreamer Palette, I decided to use some of my Nudestix points to cash in for 30% off the palette. First gripe was that shipping is charged no matter how large the purchase. In the past, free shipping with a $49.00 purchase. Next gripe is that Nudestix would not confirm if either or Sephora or Ulta would be selling the palette. I see a post later in the day with swatches of the palette that it is available for purchase from Sephora. At least Nudestix โ€˜s warehouse is fairly close, so it should arrive quickly. I did receive a tracking number about 7 hours after my purchase.

Update on my above post. I reread Nudestixโ€™s policy which states free shipping with a $49.00 purchase. I reached out to Nudestix dot com and I will be receiving a $6.00 refund and an apology. 

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Just started on the makeup train during the fenty era (w/c im verythankful for). I literally asked a friend an opinion on some stuff I was TRYING ON in zara (take note this is clothes weโ€™re talking about) and she replied me with โ€œI like u better w/o makeup onโ€ which threw me off bc I have been not wearing makeup all my life, and the one year I finally get the hang of it and like how it looks on me(plus it makes me feel HELLA CONFIDENT), she just goes out of her way to say that to me. super unnecessary and rude. idk if its just me or isnโ€™t it just plain annoying? plus I didnโ€™t spend thousands of dollars on Fenty just to be told I look much better w/o it ๐Ÿ˜ช the worst part is, she tried victimizing herself on that situation. we havenโ€™t talked ever since that incident and that happened last July.

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@andreadaqueen  Did she use the โ€œI was just stating my opinion, I have a right to my opinionโ€ defense? ๐Ÿ™„ Sure, folks can have opinions about everything, and those opinions can be negative. But they donโ€™t need to voice those opinions, especially when no oneโ€™s asked for them. Maybe sheโ€™ll figure out why she was in the wrong. Meanwhile, sounds like distancing yourself from her is a good idea. 

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

That was so rude and unnecessary @andreadaqueen๐Ÿคฏ It sucks to lose friends but you donโ€™t need that kind of negativity. 

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

๐Ÿ˜ญโšฐ๏ธ

@danielledanielle So tragic!

Oh no! ๐Ÿ˜ช @danielledanielle

Oh no! ๐Ÿ˜ช @danielledanielle

Re: Oh no! ๐Ÿ˜ช @danielledanielle

Undefeated was defeated by floor + gravity.

Am I the only one going, 'OMG I hope that comes out of your grout!' ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

@danielledanielle 

@l8totheparty Literally my first thought was "God I hope that's not coming out of a security deposit" ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜”

It did, mostly ๐Ÿ˜•

I replaced the Stunna today, though

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

omgggggg ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿฅด

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Overpackaging! Seriously.

@TypeATina yes totally! Especially when it's a tiny item...

@TypeATina yes totally! Especially when it's a tiny item in a huge box, that drives me crazy!!

OMG, that puts me in a state. Next,on my list is when a p...

OMG, that puts me in a state. Next,on my list is when a product is, say, one ounce, but it's in 1). a container with a deceptive overlay to make it look like it's a larger amount and, then 2). they put the bottle in a product box that's twice the size of the actual bottle, so they have to use a braced box to keep the product container from wobbling about in the box. It's such a waste, we know that we bought a one ounce product. No one is being fooled.

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I hate it when a brand discontinues something amazing. I used to love all the MUFE eyeshadows...and the massive variety that they used to carry....Now I just walk by them now with a "meh" attitude. Sadness ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I was sooooo tired last night doing my skincare routine before bed, I grabbed a mini bottle of Ole Henrickson Truth Serum instead of my eye cream.  Luckily I noticed when the smell was all wrong, but yikes I could have burned the bleep out of my undereyes!

@sandykat79, I completely understand. I got off work one...

@sandykat79, I completely understand. I got off work one morning and just about squirted Garnier micellar cleansing water into my contact lens case ๐Ÿคช

Re: @sandykat79, I completely understand. I got off work one...

@Luvstravel I've been there!

testing