Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Oh no Smiley Surprised that's awful @gonerogue . Speaking of aersol, I'm having the same issue with a can of VERB Ghost Dry Oil™ Disco Edition (it's a hair spray that applies glitter - not for me, but for flashy Lil Z) - after one use, it seems to be empty. Smiley Sad   I'm sorry that happened to you. 

@ZombieMetroAnt  oh no, sorry to hear your Verb spray did the same thing! I don’t understand how my Dior Airflashes can withstand being in my foundation collection for years and they work just fine but other products don’t hold up the same. Maybe get Lil Z a gel glitter instead next time so it won’t be a waste of money? Urban Decay and IGK have some nice gel glitters out right now 😉

Oh, that is a great suggestion! Heart  Thank you so much @gonerogue  

@gonerogueI have had this happen with dry shampoo before but never with anything else and I have a aerosol foundation on my dresser right now that has been in use off and on since last spring. I guess aerosol highlighter is a product to stay away from.

I assume this must be what happened to my Drybar Triple Sec from a Play box I bought @Seymore3  ... I got about 1/2 of 1 use from it.

@Seymore3  I’ve never had that happen to a dry shampoo before and I keep several backups at home. Well, lesson learned even though it was such a nice highlight 🤷🏼‍♀️

After seeing multiple posts on Instagram from Nudestix about the Hillary Duff Daydreamer Palette, I decided to use some of my Nudestix points to cash in for 30% off the palette. First gripe was that shipping is charged no matter how large the purchase. In the past, free shipping with a $49.00 purchase. Next gripe is that Nudestix would not confirm if either or Sephora or Ulta would be selling the palette. I see a post later in the day with swatches of the palette that it is available for purchase from Sephora. At least Nudestix ‘s warehouse is fairly close, so it should arrive quickly. I did receive a tracking number about 7 hours after my purchase.

Update on my above post. I reread Nudestix’s policy which states free shipping with a $49.00 purchase. I reached out to Nudestix dot com and I will be receiving a $6.00 refund and an apology. 

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Just started on the makeup train during the fenty era (w/c im verythankful for). I literally asked a friend an opinion on some stuff I was TRYING ON in zara (take note this is clothes we’re talking about) and she replied me with “I like u better w/o makeup on” which threw me off bc I have been not wearing makeup all my life, and the one year I finally get the hang of it and like how it looks on me(plus it makes me feel HELLA CONFIDENT), she just goes out of her way to say that to me. super unnecessary and rude. idk if its just me or isn’t it just plain annoying? plus I didn’t spend thousands of dollars on Fenty just to be told I look much better w/o it 😪 the worst part is, she tried victimizing herself on that situation. we haven’t talked ever since that incident and that happened last July.

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@andreadaqueen  Did she use the “I was just stating my opinion, I have a right to my opinion” defense? 🙄 Sure, folks can have opinions about everything, and those opinions can be negative. But they don’t need to voice those opinions, especially when no one’s asked for them. Maybe she’ll figure out why she was in the wrong. Meanwhile, sounds like distancing yourself from her is a good idea. 

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

That was so rude and unnecessary @andreadaqueen🤯 It sucks to lose friends but you don’t need that kind of negativity. 

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

😭⚰️

@danielledanielle So tragic!

Oh no! 😪 @danielledanielle

Oh no! 😪 @danielledanielle

Re: Oh no! 😪 @danielledanielle

Undefeated was defeated by floor + gravity.

Am I the only one going, 'OMG I hope that comes out of your grout!' 😮

@danielledanielle 

@l8totheparty Literally my first thought was "God I hope that's not coming out of a security deposit" 😂 😔

It did, mostly 😕

I replaced the Stunna today, though

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

omgggggg 😢🥴

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Overpackaging! Seriously.

@TypeATina yes totally! Especially when it's a tiny item...

@TypeATina yes totally! Especially when it's a tiny item in a huge box, that drives me crazy!!
2 Replies
testing