Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Anonymous7 I was so upset about that too. I could’ve purchased them the day before the sale but no. I waited until sale day to get the 20% off and missed out.

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When the ENTIRE point of your purchase was to use the special sale code... and you forget to even use it... 🙃

I have done that, too! @SchylarR ugh.

@SchylarR, Me too, and it made me so mad 😡

@SchylarR, Me too, and it made me so mad 😡

@SchylarR aw oh nooooo!   Sadly I’ve done this😣

😞 Man, that's such a bummer. I wish Sephora allowed us to cancel orders within the first hour after an order is placed. I know of some other online retailers do this and I appreciate it so much. It would really help for those occasions where you make a mistake (i.e. selecting a wrong colour, forgetting a code, etc.). 

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When you buy something and next day it’s on sale 😭

“In progress” going on the third day. Cool.

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Blackwhiskey - That's because there's only one step stool for the entire warehouse and your item is at the back on the top shelf!  😄  💖💖💖

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

lmao

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

There's a $25 Rouge reward sitting in the (US) Bazaar for 1000 points. So that's a max take of 4k points for a $100 credit? I've taken Psych 101, I get the whole intermittent reward system thing, but except for Marc Jacobs eyeliners every single thing I buy at Sephora is something I can get at Nordstrom. I've been a staunch Sephora loyalist, but maybe Notes should be the way for me to go in the future 🤨

I'm with you! Rewards are now abysmal. Would do a Sephora...

I'm with you! Rewards are now abysmal. Would do a Sephora haul once a week. Have now not entered the store nor shopped online for a month. Also, last sale they had Urban Decay palette on sale for 50% off, they were sold out the entire sale period. Miraculously, the say after the sale closed the palette was back in stock. You are offered rewards but none ever in stock. Right now for 100 points you get a tiny alcohol wipe size sample or 500 points for a passport holder not big enough to carry all your travel documents. That's it! Their sales and promotional practices have become tiresome and unethical.

RE: I'm with you! Rewards are now abysmal. Would do a Sephora...

I emailed them about this and they told me to call ahead of time to pre order rewards... and gave me 100pts... I haven’t tried but it’s so stupid honestly all the rewards suck anyways

@fieldsofclover  I just saw that when I checked the Bazaar and thought it must be a joke.  Aren't the $50 - 1500 points?  I'd like to use my points but to me that not a deal.  I've yet to see the $100 cards - I'd grab one of those since it would be at least something I could do with my points.  I'm really grasping at straws at their math here.

@MCSSavvy @fieldsofclover - I saw $100 card about a month ago.  It was actually up for two days!  I don't remember how many points were required, 2500?, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay $2500 for $100 even though it was money already spent.  To me those points are still $.  It's a better deal than the $25 and $50, which I had not heard of until know.  If I see one again, I might change my mind and get it, even though it's ridiculously priced...

I’m thinking the same thing - Nordstrom notes are much better deal than Sephora points

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

So whenever I shave I get annoying razor bumps. I decided to try wax, seemed like a decent product, and had decent reviews. I tried waxing, following the instructions religiously and it did not work. you can see it did not remove hair, my skin is red, irritated, and peeling, and there are small bruises where it damaged deeper down. I am going to go tomorrow and ask for a refund, this is just stupid. Seems like it had false reviews and deleted reviews as well...

I have never shaved my legs, the first time my legs were...

I have never shaved my legs, the first time my legs were waxed I was when I was about 10/11 year old and now I'm 21, still waxing haha! My leg hair is now very thin and some places don't even have hair growing anymore!

Hey, licensed esthetician here. Your hair isn't nearly lo...

Hey, licensed esthetician here. Your hair isn't nearly long enough to be waxed by any method. The length usually quoted is ¼” or about the length of a grain of rice. The wax needs some length to grab hold of... Further, when you remove the strip, you want to pull it quite quickly, and to keep your hand parallel to your leg. If you start to pull away from your body you risk bruising the skin. The best results for waxing the first time will be if you let your hair grow for *at least* (depending on how fast your hair grows) 3 weeks before waxing. Hair grows in stages; there's the growth stage, resting stage, and falling out stage. So after waiting a few weeks you'll have both the length needed, plus more hairs will be growing/have grown out to reach. Then, in future wax sessions, you'll get the other hairs, too. Regular waxers find their hair often is less thick and stubborn, and it definitely is less painful as waxing doesn't allow the "root ball" at the base of the hair to become fully formed, so the hairs pull out of the follicles more easily! (Picture your hairs as a thread with a knot at the skin end, like you create for sewing. Pulling that knot out is more uncomfortable as it's thick, and rounded, versus a thread with no knot would slide out more freely.) I think much of your irritation is from the wax trying to grab hairs, but not being able to, and instead pulling at skin... I hope this makes sense. Glad to clarify if not.

Re: Hey, licensed esthetician here. Your hair isn't nearly lo...

Thanks for posting that. It was fascinating (even if the description of the "root ball" made me a little faint...!) 🙂

PS Sorry it's a late response...

PS Sorry it's a late response...
testing