Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

You can do it, JessLess! The best thing to do is just delete those emails so you donโ€™t torture yourself over missed opportunities. There will always be new cool stuff coming out. Sometimes items go on sale months later, so if you are done with your no-buy, maybe youโ€™ll still be able to snag what you wantโ€”and for a great price.

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@JessLess   Stay strong; I'll join you at the end of September- that's when the 21 Days of Beauty is over, right? ๐Ÿ˜‰

i relate to this on the HIGHEST level ever!! i feel you g...

i relate to this on the HIGHEST level ever!! i feel you girl! LOL

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

๐Ÿ˜ and then...๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค

@sonnydee ,

That's what mine looked like when it arrived in the mail from Becca.  So sad!

oh no! ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ@tsavorite I think that would be more disappoint...

oh no! ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ@tsavorite I think that would be more disappointing-they should KNOW how to pack their stuff

Re: oh no! ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ@tsavorite I think that would be more disappoint...

@sonnydee ,

I think that this one product doesn't hold together very well in bumpy transport.  True, Becca's packing obviously wasn't protective enough either.  I didn't trust that another attempt at buying the highlighter would be successful, so I just gave up on buying this.

If I saw an intact one somewhere, I would certainly buy it.  It looks like you opened this and found it broken before buying it?  I hope.

@sonnydee  Noooo!!! 

I know! I was so excited, such a let down! @Ispend2much6...

I know! I was so excited, such a let down! @Ispend2much6 I did find 4 perfect ones at my Marshall's, (& of course I went there right after๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜)

Re: I know! I was so excited, such a let down! @Ispend2much6...

@sonnydee ,

Yay!  A happy ending!  That's awesome!

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Ok one of my PP is when Sephora sends me a new email alerting me about a code to receive a certain product sample (some skin or haircare product I really want & have looked forward to getting a sample of) & I IMMEDIATELY pick out whatever current products Iโ€™m currently wanting or needing to get refilled/replaced & within literally minutes of receiving the email & Iโ€™ve used the code & added my new deluxe sample to my basket I receive a โ€œthe product you are looking for is either out of supplyโ€™s or the special has endedโ€ ๐ŸคฌAAARRRHHHH!!!! BTW this JUST happened to me again rn with the Dr. Sturm sample AND it was already confirmed in my bag

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Right? How do they go so quickly? ๐Ÿคจ

was looking at old pics on my comp, and there was one of SJP - this topic just reminded me how it always annoys me when I would hear someone say someone's ugly.  I've heard a couple guys on tv/radio saying she's a "horseface". ๐Ÿ˜ž (don't know how to make an angry face, lol). I always thought she was gorgeous.

I don't want to sound like I'm a total complainer, but I have to say that I want to shoot Influenster and other freebie sites for giving away stuff, and then absolutely jamming all the reviews.

I like Ole Henriksen. He came out with a new mask called Phat Glow Facial, and I wanted to see what the reviews were. I placed an order on their site, and I'm expecting a sample of this mask any day now. When I first looked at the mask on Sephora, there weren't any reviews at all a few days ago, which is to be expected, since it's so new.  I went to look again and there are suddenly 440+ reviews on Sephora! How'd that happen? Why, they're all from Influenster, all put up virtually overnight.

It's not that I don't believe reviews from people who get sheet free, but tbh, I'm less likely to believe them than I am from people who actually buy stuff before they review it. So many of the reviews are so gushy and glowy, though, it doesn't do much to firm up my faith in "free sheet" reviews.

At least now Sephora marks the freebie reviews as such (I just wish there was a way to only bring up reviews from people who actually purchase the product.) I just wish companies that hand this stuff out would realize that a lot of people are ambivalent at best of freebie reviews, and it really doesn't help at all getting people to buy it.

Anybody else as annoyed as I am by the tsunami of free sheet reviews?

I really do not trust reviews on Sephora.

@Harobedb   I rarely read the reviews.  Iโ€™d rather ask around on these threads if someone has tried something and talk to them one on one about the pros and cons.  Then you can ask for the  information you need to make decisions.

yes, unless they're giving it to me. ๐Ÿ˜› lol.  I was looking at nyakio bc it was 50% off at ulta, and I noticed one thing had a lot of reviews, so I thought hmm, that must be good, so I looked at it and noticed most of them were free, a lot saying they wouldn't pay for it.  so now I wonder when I see something with a lot of reviews, especially compared to their other items.

On the East coast, we had some really eyeball-frying temperatures the last few weeks. Being safely ensconced in my a/c-ed house, I kind of forgot aboiut it and placed an order that included a Pat McGrath lipstick I've been craving for awhile.

Color me shocked when I opened the package and the lipstick bullet was stuck in the lid! (Had something worse happen last year with Bite Beauty bullets, which must have a melting temperature of 70 degrees.)

I bet this happens a lot more than anyone says. Solution is either buy in person, wait until fall, or ship bullet lippies with an ice pack!

@Harobedb I love the ice pack idea! I recently bought something from Amazon and was pleasantly surprised to find it in a foam ice chest surrounded by ice packs. It makes me happy when companies go the extra mile without having to be told or acting like itโ€™s a huge deal.

@Harobedb   It has been brutal.  Hopefully that's all over.

Sephora: Your cart is full!

Me: *Checks bank account*

spongebob gif.gif

6 Replies
testing