Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: @MCSSavvy, You'll have to post a pic when you finish.

@Luvstravel  A bit of decluttering along the way and still a bit to go with some foils.  I have some skincare in a drawer but I think it came out alright. 

IMG_20190723_181614909.jpgIMG_20190723_182114875.jpg

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I have a very bad habit of doing this too, @Luvstravel!

@quspork, I know. I clean it up and 2-3 weeks later, or s...

@quspork, I know. I clean it up and 2-3 weeks later, or several Sephora orders and here it is again. I actually started putting my samples in a cute zip bag, but stopped using them, because I was too lazy or in a rush to just unzip!

@Luvstravel , oh, I'm entirely guilty of sprawling too.  Used to drive my family nuts when I lived at home; now that I've been living on my own, it just drives me nuts until I clear it all away -- only to have it grow back again.  😄  I am due to move by August-end, and one of my planned projects is to organize my beauty collection into clear, see-through storage units.  

@MlleCC, I'm definitely cleaning around my house today, s...

@MlleCC, I'm definitely cleaning around my house today, so cleaning up that mess is on the agenda. I have great storage for palettes and regular makeup stuff, its just the extras that get me. Here's how nice and neat it normally looks

I'm doing the same thing,  @Luvstravel!  I always say I'm not going to get more samples because I feel compelled to use them up, but then I pick some anyhow.  I'm really trying to work through them!

When you don't learn from last year and you buy your two lipsticks during the July event (in this case, Bloomingdale's), and they sit outside in 98 degree F heat after they're delivered. 😂 Now I need to let them cool down because I'm afraid to open them.

@curlychiquita I would have a heart attack.  If it comes by mail, it's guaranteed to get into my building foyer.  If it's another way like UPS, it may get left out in the heat.  I rarely shop online for makeup so I've mostly avoided this issue.  However, I would cry if my lipstick melted.  Even the thought is painful.

@curlychiquita, My dang spell check or maybe the speller...

@curlychiquita, My dang spell check or maybe the speller 😁 I meant to type, I received an inexpensive ( $4) lipstick in the other day and stuck in my fridge. I would be petrified knowing I had a Pat McGrath lipstick being delivered in this heat. Did it make it????

Re: @curlychiquita, My dang spell check or maybe the speller...

@Luvstravel , @sprocketta , it made it fine, it just went into the fridge before I tried it! Thank you!

Re: @curlychiquita, My dang spell check or maybe the speller...

@curlychiquita Phew!!!

@curlychiquita, I know exactly how you feel. I had an exp...

@curlychiquita, I know exactly how you feel. I had an expensive lipstick come in the other day and stuck it straight in the fridge. Luckily my new Pat McGrath lip balms made it safely last week.

Re: @curlychiquita, I know exactly how you feel. I had an exp...

It was my Pat McGrath that I had to put in the fridge last year, @Luvstravel.!  I'm glad your lip balms are safe!

@curlychiquita the fridge gets a lot of lippies put in during summertime in my household. 10 minutes will help cool them down - good luck I hope they don't lean on you.

When UPS misdelivers your packages not once but twice in less than a 2 week time period. The first time they were able to go back and get the package because it was still on the doorstep of whatever house they delivered it to. This time either the driver didn't want to go back, or the homeowners had already taken my package inside, because I got a vm telling me that they would "attempt to go back tomorrow and retrieve the package. This all depends on if the homeowners are home." That is a BS response - I'm soooooo mad right now I could spit. I mean what if these people opened my stuff and have used it??? The other minor thing is that I was told I would get a phone call in less than an hour from the local hub (this was after I argued with the guy from the call center from Lord knows where that my package was not on my doorstep, I had been home all day and the driver never showed up, and I know how their scanning/delivery system works from an ex that worked there) and they didn't call me back until 2 hours after they said they would. Arrrrghhhh so p*ssed off right now. If anyone has a great CS line/email to contact at UPS to vent your concerns/frustrations I'd appreciate it. I can't stand ineptitude - if you can't read the box or your scanner dude then you don't need to be delivering packages.

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I remember usps delivering my dress to the wrong house and it took over a week to get it back even though they said they were attempting to get it every day.

Oh no!  I feel frustration just reading your post 😞

@niki172 I share your rage! This happens to us all the time but mostly with Amazon deliveries rather than UPS (I befriend all the UPS drivers across the different shifts that deliver to our business, though occasionally, a newbie will still drop off our packages next door, a residential building). The amazon delivery people are total idiots, and I don't feel bad saying that because on the odd occasion I personally intercept a package (hey dude, the address on this box says it goes 2 blocks over) the driver REFUSES to take the package back, telling me to call Amazon and they'll send someone else to pick it back up tomorrow and redeliver. You're LITERALLY standing in front of me, and you can't do your job?!?! There was a one month period where it was DAILY, we'd get piles and piles of amazon boxes for the residential condo building literally next door just thrown into our loading bay (for the record, we are a for real industrial plant, there is no question our building and loading dock would be anything but). The rage is real. 

@MissPuff exactly! This package was actually from Amazon, but was delivered by UPS. I finally got it all taken care of, but man was it a pain in the butt. UPS tried to blame it on their technology and how the QR scanner labels are printed for their scanners to read, but I still happened to have my box from the first incident and I told her that the label read my address. It was only then did the lady admit to me that it's the driver's fault - no really?!?!?!?????

Amazon wanted me to reorder the item (it was an omelette pan for crying out loud) and I told them I got it during prime day so now the pan was marked way back up. The CS rep said "well when you get your pan (if I get my pan more like it) in the mail then we can refund you the difference." I told her that since this was UPS's fault why should I have to pay an extra $20+, wait for it to come, and then wait another 2-3 business days for them to process the refund on my card. She then said they'd give me a refund on a gift card (I used a $3 gc on the dumb order) and I said that's fine, but the majority of that pan was paid for by cc. So long story short she acted like she was sacrificing her own arm to refund my cc. And that's where we are at. I hate it when people don't do their job and then expect you to take the hit or fix their issue.

@niki172  Preach! Amazon customer service is its own brand of uselessness and frustration, and then they expect a pat on the back for coming up with the least effective and most inconvenient solution. During the month when ALL the packages for next door wound up at our loading dock, the Amazon rep actually suggested we just redeliver the packages ourselves. Every. Day. What. The. F?!

@MissPuff if it wasn't a federal crime I'd be tempted to keep the packages. I feel bad for you and those poor people that are just trying to get their stuff. I wonder if you could contact your state attorney's office about that since they are misdelivering mail on purpose???

1 Reply
testing