Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Ooof there are a lot but a big one is always, always always being swatched wrong for concealers and foundations. I happen to be very pale and I don't have peachy or gold undertones so most of the lightest shades offered by well known brands don't match my skin tone. That's ok, I don't mind looking around a bit longer or trying different brands, but I am always told to wear at least a shade or two darker than my skin is and it doesn't look right. Also is it a requirement that every Sephora recommend a peach blush or more often, Nars "Orgasm" blush? I like the Orgasm lip gloss but the blush is too sparkly and pigmented for me and it is always suggested. I love trying new things, please tell me about the lesser known brands I would love to try them out! (These are small annoyances but they do frustrate me). 

@LHHL My guess is they just recommend it because it's super popular- one of those things almost everyone has for some reason. Totally agree about the sparkles though!

The new Cover FX line of blushes have been awesome for me! I used a pretty light hand on my pale skin this winter and I have to build it up a fair bit now that I've gotten a tan but it performs perfectly. Otherwise Tarte has some good buildable options that are frequently 100 point rewards and last forever!

agree, one of those one-size-fits-all things.  also agree abt. sparkles. 😉

It is still pigmented, but Pretty Vulgar has a gorgeous b...

It is still pigmented, but Pretty Vulgar has a gorgeous blush formula. A light tap into the pan and the a few sweeps across my cheeks with a fluffy brush gives me the perfect dusting of colour.

RE: It is still pigmented, but Pretty Vulgar has a gorgeous b...

Thank you for the suggestion! My favorites are Benefit’s Dandelion and their now discontinued Thrrob. It lets me build in soft layers.

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When I let my counter get messy with samples and new stuff waiting to be tried! Also leaving oils and serums out to make sure I use them.

@Luvstravel  - You inspired me to finally get an organizer.  I used to keep everything in a drawer but drawer space is at a premium in my flat and after 3 years of denial...I broke down.  I can't stand digging around to find my stuff.  Now to just get it organized.  Thank you though for the push I needed to get the organizer to get it going! 🙂 

@MCSSavvy, You'll have to post a pic when you finish.

@MCSSavvy, You'll have to post a pic when you finish.

Re: @MCSSavvy, You'll have to post a pic when you finish.

@Luvstravel  A bit of decluttering along the way and still a bit to go with some foils.  I have some skincare in a drawer but I think it came out alright. 

IMG_20190723_181614909.jpgIMG_20190723_182114875.jpg

I have a very bad habit of doing this too, @Luvstravel!

@quspork, I know. I clean it up and 2-3 weeks later, or s...

@quspork, I know. I clean it up and 2-3 weeks later, or several Sephora orders and here it is again. I actually started putting my samples in a cute zip bag, but stopped using them, because I was too lazy or in a rush to just unzip!

@Luvstravel , oh, I'm entirely guilty of sprawling too.  Used to drive my family nuts when I lived at home; now that I've been living on my own, it just drives me nuts until I clear it all away -- only to have it grow back again.  😄  I am due to move by August-end, and one of my planned projects is to organize my beauty collection into clear, see-through storage units.  

@MlleCC, I'm definitely cleaning around my house today, s...

@MlleCC, I'm definitely cleaning around my house today, so cleaning up that mess is on the agenda. I have great storage for palettes and regular makeup stuff, its just the extras that get me. Here's how nice and neat it normally looks

I'm doing the same thing,  @Luvstravel!  I always say I'm not going to get more samples because I feel compelled to use them up, but then I pick some anyhow.  I'm really trying to work through them!

When you don't learn from last year and you buy your two lipsticks during the July event (in this case, Bloomingdale's), and they sit outside in 98 degree F heat after they're delivered. 😂 Now I need to let them cool down because I'm afraid to open them.

@curlychiquita I would have a heart attack.  If it comes by mail, it's guaranteed to get into my building foyer.  If it's another way like UPS, it may get left out in the heat.  I rarely shop online for makeup so I've mostly avoided this issue.  However, I would cry if my lipstick melted.  Even the thought is painful.

@curlychiquita, My dang spell check or maybe the speller...

@curlychiquita, My dang spell check or maybe the speller 😁 I meant to type, I received an inexpensive ( $4) lipstick in the other day and stuck in my fridge. I would be petrified knowing I had a Pat McGrath lipstick being delivered in this heat. Did it make it????

Re: @curlychiquita, My dang spell check or maybe the speller...

@Luvstravel , @sprocketta , it made it fine, it just went into the fridge before I tried it! Thank you!

Re: @curlychiquita, My dang spell check or maybe the speller...

@curlychiquita Phew!!!

@curlychiquita, I know exactly how you feel. I had an exp...

@curlychiquita, I know exactly how you feel. I had an expensive lipstick come in the other day and stuck it straight in the fridge. Luckily my new Pat McGrath lip balms made it safely last week.

Re: @curlychiquita, I know exactly how you feel. I had an exp...

It was my Pat McGrath that I had to put in the fridge last year, @Luvstravel.!  I'm glad your lip balms are safe!

8 Replies
testing