Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: @curlychiquita, My dang spell check or maybe the speller...

@Luvstravel , @sprocketta , it made it fine, it just went into the fridge before I tried it! Thank you!

Re: @curlychiquita, My dang spell check or maybe the speller...

@curlychiquita Phew!!!

@curlychiquita, I know exactly how you feel. I had an exp...

@curlychiquita, I know exactly how you feel. I had an expensive lipstick come in the other day and stuck it straight in the fridge. Luckily my new Pat McGrath lip balms made it safely last week.

Re: @curlychiquita, I know exactly how you feel. I had an exp...

It was my Pat McGrath that I had to put in the fridge last year, @Luvstravel.!  I'm glad your lip balms are safe!

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@curlychiquita the fridge gets a lot of lippies put in during summertime in my household. 10 minutes will help cool them down - good luck I hope they don't lean on you.

When UPS misdelivers your packages not once but twice in less than a 2 week time period. The first time they were able to go back and get the package because it was still on the doorstep of whatever house they delivered it to. This time either the driver didn't want to go back, or the homeowners had already taken my package inside, because I got a vm telling me that they would "attempt to go back tomorrow and retrieve the package. This all depends on if the homeowners are home." That is a BS response - I'm soooooo mad right now I could spit. I mean what if these people opened my stuff and have used it??? The other minor thing is that I was told I would get a phone call in less than an hour from the local hub (this was after I argued with the guy from the call center from Lord knows where that my package was not on my doorstep, I had been home all day and the driver never showed up, and I know how their scanning/delivery system works from an ex that worked there) and they didn't call me back until 2 hours after they said they would. Arrrrghhhh so p*ssed off right now. If anyone has a great CS line/email to contact at UPS to vent your concerns/frustrations I'd appreciate it. I can't stand ineptitude - if you can't read the box or your scanner dude then you don't need to be delivering packages.

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I remember usps delivering my dress to the wrong house and it took over a week to get it back even though they said they were attempting to get it every day.

Oh no!  I feel frustration just reading your post 😞

@niki172 I share your rage! This happens to us all the time but mostly with Amazon deliveries rather than UPS (I befriend all the UPS drivers across the different shifts that deliver to our business, though occasionally, a newbie will still drop off our packages next door, a residential building). The amazon delivery people are total idiots, and I don't feel bad saying that because on the odd occasion I personally intercept a package (hey dude, the address on this box says it goes 2 blocks over) the driver REFUSES to take the package back, telling me to call Amazon and they'll send someone else to pick it back up tomorrow and redeliver. You're LITERALLY standing in front of me, and you can't do your job?!?! There was a one month period where it was DAILY, we'd get piles and piles of amazon boxes for the residential condo building literally next door just thrown into our loading bay (for the record, we are a for real industrial plant, there is no question our building and loading dock would be anything but). The rage is real. 

@MissPuff exactly! This package was actually from Amazon, but was delivered by UPS. I finally got it all taken care of, but man was it a pain in the butt. UPS tried to blame it on their technology and how the QR scanner labels are printed for their scanners to read, but I still happened to have my box from the first incident and I told her that the label read my address. It was only then did the lady admit to me that it's the driver's fault - no really?!?!?!?????

Amazon wanted me to reorder the item (it was an omelette pan for crying out loud) and I told them I got it during prime day so now the pan was marked way back up. The CS rep said "well when you get your pan (if I get my pan more like it) in the mail then we can refund you the difference." I told her that since this was UPS's fault why should I have to pay an extra $20+, wait for it to come, and then wait another 2-3 business days for them to process the refund on my card. She then said they'd give me a refund on a gift card (I used a $3 gc on the dumb order) and I said that's fine, but the majority of that pan was paid for by cc. So long story short she acted like she was sacrificing her own arm to refund my cc. And that's where we are at. I hate it when people don't do their job and then expect you to take the hit or fix their issue.

@niki172  Preach! Amazon customer service is its own brand of uselessness and frustration, and then they expect a pat on the back for coming up with the least effective and most inconvenient solution. During the month when ALL the packages for next door wound up at our loading dock, the Amazon rep actually suggested we just redeliver the packages ourselves. Every. Day. What. The. F?!

@MissPuff if it wasn't a federal crime I'd be tempted to keep the packages. I feel bad for you and those poor people that are just trying to get their stuff. I wonder if you could contact your state attorney's office about that since they are misdelivering mail on purpose???

My biggest pet peeve with makeup is when people try to put bronzer on me at a makeup counter. I know it’s very popular, but I’m pale, and I LIKE being pale. I have gray hair, and dress in cool tones of gray, burgundy, forest green, and black. Bronze just doesn’t look right on me. Same with gold jewelry. I gotta have silver or nothing.

Otherwise, it’s probably how I can seem to properly apply mascara to my lash roots without getting a little bit in my eyes. 

Me, looking for the Brow Whiz I just ordered (and received!!). Can't find it.  Surely I put it someplace easy to find in the 3 days I've had it because I need to use it. CAN'T. FIND.IT.

Now I fear I've thrown it out.  Surely I didn't. Surely not. 

WHERE ARE YOU?! 

🤷🏼‍♀️🙄

@WinglessOne @gonerogue Look at what I spotted when I went to put my moisturizer away...

...after I already bought a second one. LoL.Lookie what we have here. I spot a familiar logo...Lookie what we have here. I spot a familiar logo...

@l8totheparty  Heehee, I do this too often, I've actually done it with the same ABH brow wiz! The worst time was when I misplaced my passport, needed it for a visa for a trip to brazil, had to expedite a brand new one ($$$), then promptly found my old passport just ONE DAY after receiving my new one in the mail. awesome. 

@l8totheparty  yay! Now you have 2 brand new ones to last you a while! 😉

No kidding, eh?! Always happens after you order another one.  @gonerogue 

8 months for you....old purse? Corner of closet? You may find it when you are moving lol.  

@l8totheparty  yeah it was on the same order I ordered some secret Santa gifts and I remember telling myself to put it away before it got lost since it was so small and that was the last time I saw it. The thing is, i just moved in March and you would think I would have found it as I was packing and cleaning my house but I never did find it 🤷🏼‍♀️

Oh no!  I bet it's safe and sound tucked inside something. 🤷🏼‍♀️ @gonerogue 

@l8totheparty I have a feeling I left it in the Sephora box and then took out the contents for the Xmas exchange and dumped the box with the brush inside.... 😩

6 Replies
testing