Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@heartsmyface  Since needs to read more then, because some of that hair is to stop infections and so that we dont get sick as much, and second of all she should realize that its a new time, and woman should not change for a man.  Some people need to get out of a mental box, and see that there is a whole different world out there.

@Anastasiya13   I had never seen or read about that type of issue  before.  It honestly cracked me up!  You do have to wonder some time if some people in the beauty business sit there and try to think up of what type of bodily issue can we make women feel paranoid about now so we can provide them with a costly "fix."

@Ispend2much6  Haha so true....soon you will be hearing about specific scrubs for the tatas. Honestly even products in general for woman are nuts at times. Even the towel thats only for tatas. I am just curious whats next.

@Anastasiya13   I hadn’t heard of special tata scrubs before now.  That sounds...unenjoyable. 

@heartsmyface  Yeah it does not sound nice, but heck you never know what they will invent next

@Anastasiya13 Those already exist

@GG84  Oh wow...guess I did not come upon that scrub yet.

@Anastasiya13  I must be sheltered; I didn't hear about the towel.  But a scrub? Ouch!

@Ispend2much6  Its called the tat ta towel

@Anastasiya13   I'm going to look that up. Oh, wow!  I can really appreciate trying to stop b_ _ b sweat, but I can't imagine me walking around the house like that!  While my husband would probably like it, my sons would be horrified...

@Ispend2much6  Haha I feel like a sports bra or even a bralette would almost accomplish the same thing....gosh imagine if someone rings the doorbell at that moment too.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I never get samples from Sephora. Just got my mail order asked to orders samples I did. They didn’t have samples included. Not the first time. No more mail order for me ever.

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@joannw  A lot of us have had this happen at one time or another, sometimes for a good while.  It seems to depend upon the warehouse that ships your order.  I received two correct ones today, and a perfume I didn't order.  I guess we all kind of hold our breath to see what happens when we open our orders.

I don't make any orders just to get a particular sample anymore because of this.

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

My pet peeve is when my family comes to stay at our house and I have to place most of my scattered counter makeup and purchases, I just haven't had a chance to use, up. First, really don't want them joking with me about my beauty habit, 2nd I don't want any grungy hands touching my precious items ( especially that new red Pat McGrath eyeshadow palette that I jumped through hoops to get) Oh well, in the drawers and shelves my items go.

@Luvstravel   I can relate...

After years of no issues regarding shipping (even to a foreign country!), I decided to order the new Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips and have it shipped to my parent's house since I'll be there for a few days visiting and didn't want it to go to my empty home... well, the package tracking showed as delivered 2 days ago..............and it's not at my parent's house 😫😭. This is the first Sephora package to ever go missing for me 😭😭😭 and of course it had to be the new hot lips that I've been wanting to try so bad!! Thank goodness Sephora has such great customer service, the beauty adviser on the phone was understanding and after checking a few things on her end, refunded my purchase after I declined her offer to expedite a new one to me... I'm not sure if I'll still be here when it gets here.

I have a sneaky suspicion that it was delivered to the house a block away, since we have almost identical addresses, just one letter difference, E and W. My Dad went over to ask them if they received my package, but the lady said no.  Or maybe I'm just over thinking this and jumping to conclusions. Any-who... I'm just sad for the lost Hot Lips. I'll re-order when I get to the new house and hope for no issues with shipping ever again. 😔

@angelKiss24   Occasionally we get our mail, including packages, sent to an address in our same city that has the same house number, different street name by one word, and different zip code.  

Sometimes the mail is even labeled correctly, and what I was told by UPS or somebody, is that the bar code that the mail has that is marked by the postal sorting station may have the incorrect address and that causes the misdelivery.  Unless the mail person is really paying attention, I guess that can easily happen.

@angelKiss24, That is sad when you are really looking for...

@angelKiss24, That is sad when you are really looking forward to a product. I agree with you about Sephora customer service being excellent!

I’m irritated that I haven’t figured out the perfect  amount of oil to put in my hair after nearly 40 years.   I’m constantly applying oil and then using dry shampoo to correct the mess I make.  Just a little peeve I wanted to rant about. 

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

#SAME

Kinda beauty related: When I politely correct or disagree with someone and they take it so personally, they hold a grudge and snub me for life. 

The last time this happened to me was last week. Some friends and I were chatting in another forum about skincare, offering solicited advice to a mutual friend. One friend incorrectly claimed that Product X would do the same thing as Product Y because of their ingredients. Having used both products myself, researched them both and their ingredients, and asked 2 dermatologists about them in the past, I politely corrected her. She’s avoided me ever since. As in, she’ll reply to everyone else in a conversation except me. Because I’m a big meaniehead who had the audacity to ensure a mutual friend got the correct info, lest she waste money and time on a product that wouldn’t suit her needs. 🙄 

You know, if I’m factually wrong about something I say, I want someone to correct me. Sometimes that leads to very interesting discussions in which I and the corrector learn stuff. Most of my friends know I’m constantly in learn mode, and that I seek the truth in all things. This keeps me awake some nights as I research things like clinical studies and cross-reference different people’s opinions/statements/facts on the same topic. 😂 I’m obviously not the only person whose brain’s wired this way. I can’t imagine going through life holding grudges against everyone who’s factually disagreed with you, and refusing to admit when you’re wrong. 

I’ve known this particular friend since college (so, 20+ years now) so I’m kinda familiar with this behavior of hers. It’s not the first time she’s done this to me or any of our other friends. She’ll come around, eventually. I just have to let her burn all this grudge energy off. But that doesn’t make it any less annoying. I won’t even get into what it does to my anxiety; that’s a whole different topic. Sigh... 

Don’t take polite disagreements and corrections personally, folks. 

1 Reply
testing