Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Agree! Like youโ€™ve set your mind already that thatโ€™s the day itโ€™s coming and youโ€™re excited and then nope ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Neiman Marcus recently sent me a personal coupon for $10 off of $40 or more perfume  purchase. Seriously Neiman? Tell me what kind of perfume you carry that less than $100 (except for roller). Sigh! This is kinda similar to Sephora sent โ€œFree Shippingโ€ to Rouge. Sigh again! Not sure which genius comes up with these marketing idea ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜…

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

if it makes you feel any better, I saw an ig ad here in the ph aboutspending at least $150 and getting a free $8 elf putty primer ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ญ like no thx Iโ€™ll just buy the $8 primer lmao

@blackkitty2014That's pretty weak! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Buying a smaller size of a product, like 1 oz instead of 3.4 oz of a perfume, thinking that youโ€™ll never work through that much product, and then realizing that your newest pretty has quickly become your new favorite and youโ€™ve burned through half of the product in no time! If Iโ€™d bought the bigger size it would have only been like $30 more, but I thought I was being rational, since I hate buying too much of something and watching it languish since I know Iโ€™m terribly fickle when it comes to things like perfume or lipstick of the day... lesson learned: always buy the biggest size of stuff and just commit to using it! 

@LCResz @Ugh, you just canโ€™t win with perfume!  I swear it smells better if it comes in a smaller bottle!  But maaaaaybe by the time you get the light he other half of the bottle you will have moved on to a newer more beautiful scent;);)   

I feel you, but I think you're right with getting minis d...

I feel you, but I think you're right with getting minis depending on the product. like, I will buy setting spray full size most of the time, but primers as minis because I like to try different ones every now and then.

@LCReszlol, that's just what I did!  I usually like smaller things, as I'd rather have a bunch of small things or mini bottles, than a few large ones, especially since I have so many perfumes...but I liked the coach perfume and figured I might as well just get the large bottle, since there were like 10x pts., since it was only $40 more than the 1 oz, and only $20 more than the one half its size...and of course now there's a coupon for 20% off...d'oh. ๐Ÿ˜ž oh well, I wanted the points anyway.

plus, you can always put something on ebay if you don't end up using it.  (yes, people will still buy half full perfumes, lol)

Insomnia. Spending 36 hours awake, crashing intermittently throughout Saturday afternoon and evening in mere 30-60 minute sleep intervals, leaving you WIDE AWAKE at 2:30 AM Sunday (today), and who knows when (or if) youโ€™ll fall asleep later in the day or night. This has cost me my entire weekend: I canโ€™t leave home without risking a sudden sleep crash somewhere, plus Iโ€™m stupidly trying to reset my sleep schedule back to โ€œnormalโ€ by forcing myself to stay awake until tonight. ๐Ÿ˜ก Now Iโ€™m cranky and brain-awake but body-exhausted, and of course I look like I havenโ€™t slept in 2 days. Ugh. 

โ€œWhy donโ€™t you take sleeping pills?โ€ Because I have medical and personal reasons to avoid them. I might try An Olly Sleep gummy later tonight, though. Hopefully itโ€™ll work. 

Hello fellow insomniac @WinglessOne ๐Ÿ˜ž Hope you're able to get some consistent good sleep afterwards.

I've tried many things and eventually resorted to using sleeping pills (good news is that I don't have to take my other meds anymore since my mental health issues stem from my sleep issues)

@RNGesusPls  Sounds like a double win with your sleeping pills. ๐Ÿ™‚ One or my former doctors talked me into trying Ambien years ago and, well, letโ€™s just say it was a very bad experience. I realize there are better sleep meds than Ambienโ€”and โ€œbetterโ€ depends on the patientโ€™s medical history and needsโ€”but Iโ€™d rather not try them. 

That same doc insisted my insomnia was caused by too much caffeine (coffee). Psh, Iโ€™ve been an insomniac since I was a little girl, wide awake in bed with a flashlight under my sheets so I could read til dawn. ๐Ÿ˜„ (As a kid, I consumed books the way other kids consume candy.) And I wasnโ€™t a coffee drinker back then. Nowadays, my insomnia sometimes stems from anxiety. Other times, I just fall down research rabbit holes (or okay, sometimes I also get lost in the wonderfully weird corners of youtube) and next thing I know, the sunโ€™s coming up. The latter cause is much easier to prevent than the former, but Iโ€™m working on it. 

@WinglessOne Oh yeah definitely, each person reacts differently to each medication and the search for the right one is exhausting. I hope you find something that works for you!

That doc is a liar LOL. Ugh, coffee is sood good. Out of curiosity, does caffeine ever make you feel sleepy?

I've been an insomniac since I was little too (growing up, my parents were in denial about my problems so I didn't get it treated til...too late). And those rabbit holes man do they pull you in...Wikipedia rabbit holes too...

@RNGesusPls  Coffee doesnโ€™t make me sleepy unless Iโ€™m already tired and drink several cups in a row. When Iโ€™m sleepy in the morning, I drink 1-2 cups and try not to drink more coffee til at least an hour later. After that, I can drink as much as I want. 

My father drinks a cup of coffee at night as a sleep aid: 30 minutes later, he falls asleep. I wish one cup of coffee had that effect on me, tooโ€”but only at night. ๐Ÿ˜„ 

Coffee would be a great sleep aid @WinglessOne !

@WinglessOne   I'm so sorry you have to deal with insomnia.  As you can probably tell by the timing of my posts, I'm there with you.  

So many things can affect sleep; my last bought of bronchitis brought me prednisone, and between the two I hardly slept at all for two weeks!  My husband couldn't believe it.

It's frustrating to be tied to the house for fear of an accident, but you are so wise to recognize that risk (and caring enough to not put others at risk too.)

I'm going to take my magnesium pills with some milk and hope they do their magic.  Hope you get some relief!

Thanks @Ispend2much6! Gee, I mustโ€™ve been so sleepy-dazed when I hearted your post, I wrote a response and never clicked โ€œpostโ€ myself. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Because I could swear I responded yesterday in the wee morning hours. Good grief. 

Hope you were able to get some sleep, too! Iโ€™m close to a full reset of my usual sleep schedule, such that it is. If I can fall asleep by 4 AM, I should wake up (without an alarm clock) 5-6 hours later. Iโ€™m gradually inching my wake-up time closer to my usual 8 AM. Slowly but surely! Iโ€™m just happy to be sleeping at all again. 

@WinglessOne   I'm glad you're getting a good amount of sleep.  That's what is important.  During the school year my night's sleep was broken up into 1  hour, waking up very early a.m. when my husband gets up because the alarm and him getting ready woke me up, another hour or so until my son got up, then me being awake for an hour or two, then going back to bed until 1 or 2 p.m.  No matter what I couldn't get enough normal nights to fix that.  I'm still waking up between 5-6, but I can go back to sleep and up by 9, so it's getting better.  Unless I drink too much caffeine through the day to stay awake! lol

Oh goodness, that sounds miserable, @WinglessOne. I hope you are able to get a restful night's sleep tonight!

Thanks @quspork I hope so, too. 8 PM daylight isnโ€™t helping at all. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Most folks have sleep-affecting seasonal depression during late fall & winterโ€™s shortened daylight. Iโ€™m kind of the opposite: late spring & summerโ€™s daylit evenings donโ€™t cause me any depression, but they do mess with my ability to sleep. Not often this badly, though. 

@WinglessOne  yes, especially bc people are out late and noisy and you have your windows open...and start letting off fireworks like now, bc it's summer and school's out and you live in a college town full of aholes...lol. ๐Ÿ˜ž

@treestar86  Ugh, why do idiots think nighttime daylight = be as loud as possible? ๐Ÿ˜ก And not just on the streets. I live in a building that has balconies. One of my former neighbors used to have stupid loud parties, during which heโ€™d leave his balcony door open so his guests could mingle and shout and scream and โ€œsingโ€ along to songs out on his balcony, where everyone else on this side of the building could hear them. At midnight. On weeknights, not just weekends. That guy was terrible. Enough of us complained to finally get him evicted for noise violations. And I didnโ€™t even live next door or above/below him. I pity the folks who did. 

testing