Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@heartsmyface  I do that with my laduree box too. Its so cute, and I got a beautiful tiffany blue one that i put my chap sticks in.

@LCResz I was clearing boxes out of my apartment and found a Jo Malone box. It was so pretty and it felt wrong to get rid of it, but it was just taking up space. 

I'm guilty of this too. I had all kinds of Sephora favori...

I'm guilty of this too. I had all kinds of Sephora favorite set boxes at one point. I put them with my gift wrapping stuff because that is where I have learned I will use them. I'm also holding on to a bunch of empty sugarfina containers because I feel like I can find some kind of use for them in my beauty space (brush/sponge holders, display my minis, etc).....but I need a bigger space to actually use them. 🤷

@LCResz  Omg this is me as well!! I cleaned out my closet last weekend and realized that there were a lot of boxes I kept as well for "future use." Shoppers Beauty Boutique orders come in cute blue and white boxes and I've repurposed a few of them, but a lot were empty that I had to get rid of. This post really caught me by surprise haha!

@LCResz these and Chanel boxes. Last month i have to just close my eyes and bring them to recycle bins 😞

@blackkitty2014 I feel like I should be playing breakup music while cleaning my closet, but on the upside I’m finding things I almost repurchased! I need a better inventory system than feelings. 

@LCResz   You are too cute.  I hung onto a Look Fantastic Easter Egg hat box and metal eggs even though my kids are way too old for that stuff.  Sat in a corner of our bedroom for over a year!  The hat box was about 18 inches wide, or more.

I have the same problem @LCResz ! I'm especially bad with little DS tubs and bottles. I keep thinking "oh! this will be perfect to put stuff in for travel!" but do I really need 20? 30? I don't even have that many steps in my skincare routine...

@SurprisedLemur you crack me up! My routine isn’t that complex either 😉

@LCResz  I can relate . We are moving in a couple of days and while packing up, I realize how much of such pretty junk I have in my back drawers and top shelves. I will be honest it took some real effort to throw them in recycling 😭

@fatimamummy  exactly! I wish more companies would accept their old packaging back, like Lush and Origins do. Imagine how much it would save companies, and of course the good it would do for the environment!

I have a confession: as much as I love beauty and skincare I’m not the best at keeping up with using products I should use daily or weekly. Sometimes I’m just too beat from a 12 hr shift on my feet all day at work and I immediately crash into bed without a care. I try to maintain regularity in my routine but there’s always the occasional day where I just don’t have it in me.

But that being said I HATE when I DO finally get to have a consistent stretch of taking proper care of my skin and I get a breakout, even if it’s just one teeny tiny spot. Like, of all times? I would expect this from going to sleep after sweating for 12 hours in a hot kitchen without washing my face, but the moment I start taking care of my skin properly on a daily basis, THAT’S when the blemishes pop up??? 😑

@HunterKathleen  I agree with you girl, love using the products but I am just dead after my split shifts. I feel like when we do have time and that break out happens, its because we are taking all the crap out of our skin, and its detoxing in a sense.

Totally agree with you! Being consistent with your beauty routine isn't easy, especially when your routine is thorough and long (hello, 12 step korean skincare). However, one of my goals this year is to be consistent with my skincare routine and workout routine (another routine I can't keep up! lol). <333

So i was soo excited to hoard 3 more Pat McGrath 6pan eyeshadow palettes half price last month .... only to discover the metallics dont play well on my lids ... They're all cease badly after 3-4 hrs .... i dont remember this experience with her big palettes ... a little of fall out .. sure but not ceasing ... Sigh!!!

@blackkitty2014 PMG also creases on me with UD primer potion, but works fine with the TF shadow insurance. Then I have other shadows that crease with the TF and work with the UD. I think some eyeshadow formulas just work better with certain primers?

Thx you for letting me know @SurprisedLemur Heart

Do you use an eyeshadow primer? I have always had major creasing issues and have tried UD Primer Potion, P. Louise, and endless other products I can't remember at the moment. The only thing that has come SOMEWHAT close to fixing my issues (I stress somewhat because I still have days where my eyeshadow creases) is the NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. Even then, I still use a light layer of NYX Glitter Primer on top for metallic and glitter areas. @blackkitty2014 

@SchylarR I use my UD eyeshadow primer as usual.   I need to play with my PMG big palettes again to see if i have the same issue.  I dont recall this issue when i was using the 2 blue shades in Decadence 😉  Thx for the tips on Nars and NYX.  Will look into them 😉

@blackkitty2014  Two other eye primer suggestions for you, to help these palettes work:

SMASHBOX - 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer

MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 1.52 / 45 mL

I used to love UD eyeshadow primer, but I noticed that it stopped working well with either my lids or my eyeshadows, or both. However, the two eyeshadow primers above saved the day 😊

Thx you @PinkEvergreen . I’ll look into it. 

testing