Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Do you use an eyeshadow primer? I have always had major creasing issues and have tried UD Primer Potion, P. Louise, and endless other products I can't remember at the moment. The only thing that has come SOMEWHAT close to fixing my issues (I stress somewhat because I still have days where my eyeshadow creases) is the NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. Even then, I still use a light layer of NYX Glitter Primer on top for metallic and glitter areas. @blackkitty2014 

@SchylarR I use my UD eyeshadow primer as usual.   I need to play with my PMG big palettes again to see if i have the same issue.  I dont recall this issue when i was using the 2 blue shades in Decadence 😉  Thx for the tips on Nars and NYX.  Will look into them 😉

@blackkitty2014  Two other eye primer suggestions for you, to help these palettes work:

SMASHBOX - 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer

MILK MAKEUP Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 1.52 / 45 mL

I used to love UD eyeshadow primer, but I noticed that it stopped working well with either my lids or my eyeshadows, or both. However, the two eyeshadow primers above saved the day 😊

Thx you @PinkEvergreen . I’ll look into it. 

No problem girly!!! 😊Definitely let me know if you find a solution!!! @blackkitty2014 

@blackkitty2014  Creasing is a constant battle with my hooded eyes, so I feel your pain. The primer I use to stop the worst offenders also makes them harder to blend. So I end up having to choose which downside I’d rather deal with. Sorry the PMGs aren’t working for you. ☹️ 

@WinglessOne it's so weird ... i have all 5 big PMG palettes and i dont remember any ceasing.  I'm not big on the card board cover on the 6 pan so i only got 2 before the sale.  The oh-so-good prices hooked me in. I dont think i have issue with the mattes and the satins but the metallics .. they cease so bad.  It could be that my lids/skin changing.  I need play with PMG big palettes again to see if it my skin/lids or something different in the 6-pan palettes. 

I mean, at least all 5 eyeshadows are intact—no cracks or breaks—so I shouldn’t be too peeved, right? 🙄 

What a lovely palette—wait, what’s wrong with the lid?What a lovely palette—wait, what’s wrong with the lid?Broken hinge.Broken hinge.The broken-off piece was inside the box.The broken-off piece was inside the box.

That’s a Natasha Denona 5 palette. It’s number 12, a palette I’ve owned before but traded with a friend for a different one (one of the shadows was completely uncooperative for me). I recently decided to give it another chance, so I bought a new one. I wish I could’ve bought it in-store because Sephora warehouses still haven’t improved the way they pack palettes for shipping. This is the second broken ND palette I’ve received; the first one had a broken shadow. This one has a broken lid hinge. The lid does close but one end doesn’t sit in its hinge, so the lid’s not really secure. 

Now I have to decide if it’s broken enough to make me try replacing it. I wish my local ND-stocked Sephora had this palette. That’s where I bought Sunrise, because I wasn’t about to let a warehouse ship that one to me. 😡

@WinglessOne  Ugh, that drives me nuts. It's almost worst when it's the packaging rather than the shadows because it makes me feel like I'm being unreasonable in wanting to return it, but it's clearly broken! I always hold my breath when I order eyeshadow palettes, but luckily, I've had great luck with the warehouses that pack my order. I used the rouge reward on the sunrise palette and the whole order came in 3 separate layers of paper (one layer ordered items, another for the rewards/gwp, and then one more layer with just the samples). The palette itself came in its own cardboard sleeve!

IMG_20190621_170642.jpgIMG_20190621_170729.jpg

That's a gorgeous palette though...I second the Beautylish suggestion, they're orders are always impeccably packed!

@MissPuff @WinglessOne My Sunrise palette arrived like that too - in fact I think all of my ND palettes have been packaged in extra cardboard. Must be a warehouse thing... I think most of mine come out of SLC.

@alexasteph  That's where mine came out of! SLC, they know what's up! 

@MissPuff  😯 I think I’ve NEVER received a Sephora package (aside from gratis) packed like that! Apparently the warehouse that supplies my orders hasn’t gotten the memo on how to pad items. Y’all with well padded boxes are lucky! 

And yeah, I love how Beautylish packs their orders, complete with ribbon/twine around items. ❤️ 

@WinglessOne You might have better luck getting the bigger ones shipped than the small ones. I've ordered 3 different ND palettes online and they've all come in a cardboard sleeve and well protected. Bummer about your palette. Have you thought about picking it up from Beautylish instead? You might miss out on points but at least it's in one piece?

@makeitup305  I almost bought this one from Beautylish. Not sure what stopped me... I think I was going to use my latest $100 rouge reward on this order, then changed my mind (I still have the reward). Hmm. 

I’ve been too afraid of breakage to order more large eyeshadow palettes from Sephora; if I can’t buy them at a local Sephora, I’ll likely order them from elsewhere. I’m glad other folks have gotten well padded palettes, though! 

Oh no! It seems like it's always something with palettes shipping @WinglessOne  🙁

@curlychiquita  Right? I’m glad the shadows themselves are fine this time. Silver linings. 🙂

@WinglessOne nooo that’s so strange!! It’s definitely a warehouse issue because when I ordered ND and PMG palettes, they’ve come with an additional cardboard box around the brands packaging (not quite a box because it fit snugly, almost like a cardboard envelope), even the mini Lila!! All palettes should come like that honestly, so disappointing when something comes broken 😭 at least the shadows made it! Small victories 

@cianni  Oh, I think I know what you’re talking about, those cardboard sleeves that provide a little extra cushion. I’ve never seen those in my Sephora packages, unfortunately. You’re lucky to get items from a Sephora warehouse that knows how to pad palettes! I don’t understand why ALL the warehouses don’t do that. 

I’ve said this before (probably in this thread, even) but: things like this make me appreciate even more the way @TeamBIC  packs gratis packages. I love how well padded (and beautifully wrapped) each item in those gratis boxes is. I understand that packing boxes to that level is maybe not efficient enough for the warehouses, but I wish they’d all standardize on a new minimum level of padding. 

@WinglessOne How frustrating! The only shipping problem I've ever had with Sephora was a ND palette, so I'm not sure if the palette packaging or shipping and handling was to blame. Can't wait to see the stunning looks you create!

@tastelikewater  That last shadow will be a challenge (it’s the one I couldn’t work with originally), but we’ll see what I can make it do this time around. 😂 

My worst Sephora shipping problem was when my Viseart Dark Mattes palette arrived with pan completely loose and sliding around atop all the other pans. That shadow was broken all around the edges. ☹️ But at least it was still usable, not smashed, so I kept it. That was likely a combo of a Viseart palette issue and Sephora’s lack of padding in the box. 

Ughhh... that sucks @WinglessOne.  I'm sorry for the rotten delivery.  It's a beautiful palette though.

testing