Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@WinglessOne How frustrating! The only shipping problem I've ever had with Sephora was a ND palette, so I'm not sure if the palette packaging or shipping and handling was to blame. Can't wait to see the stunning looks you create!

@tastelikewater  That last shadow will be a challenge (it’s the one I couldn’t work with originally), but we’ll see what I can make it do this time around. 😂 

My worst Sephora shipping problem was when my Viseart Dark Mattes palette arrived with pan completely loose and sliding around atop all the other pans. That shadow was broken all around the edges. ☹️ But at least it was still usable, not smashed, so I kept it. That was likely a combo of a Viseart palette issue and Sephora’s lack of padding in the box. 

Ughhh... that sucks @WinglessOne.  I'm sorry for the rotten delivery.  It's a beautiful palette though.

Thanks @angelKiss24 . I think I’ll attempt microsurgery on the hinge this week. To me, ND shadows are generally too soft/fragile to even attempt depotting, otherwise I’d just move those 5 shadows to one of my little MUFE magnetic palettes. I’m genuinely surprised these 5 shadows arrived intact, if the palette sustained enough force to crack a chunk off the case. 😄 

Good luck @WinglessOne! hope it all goes well and you have kiddie gloves ready 🤞😅

Ug.  Did you search to see if your store carried it?  (I'm sure you did). That's a tough decision . With a broken lid (not of your making) you will always have to be careful when transporting it, and keep it wrapped in a hair tie. Not ideal, but can be done.  Tough decision. @WinglessOne 

@l8totheparty  Yeah, I already checked. 🙂 Of my local Sephoras, only one regularly carries ND. Unfortunately they don’t always have each eyeshadow palette. I wish everyone had at least one local Sephora that carried ND (and Pat McGrath, for that matter) palettes, so folks could go pick them up rather than play the shipment lottery. 

If I can’t superglue the broken case piece back into place without also glueing the hinge into a locked position, I might have to go the hair tie route. I’m 80% sure any replacement palette I’d receive would also be broken in some way, probably with a broken shadow, so I’ll probably just keep this one and deal with it. 

I had a dream that I had an absolutely stunning, life-changing blush. I was super disappointed to wake up and realize the blush doesn't actually exist.

It's sitting somewhere out there waiting for you to discover it @elise222

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Unexpected irritation around my eyes. 😞 I noticed they were itchy last night. This morning I woke with slighty swollen eyelids so no makeup or eye cream today. But they have been SO itchy all day and my under eye is so sensitive and feels raw. A few months ago, I had the same thing but I thought I tied it to an eye cream. I think I determine the problem as the Indie Lee Eye Serum I received in gratis a couple months ago. I stopped using it few months ago but pulled it out again four-ish days ago. Either that or an eye shadow palette. Hopefully, my poor eyes get back to normal quickly.

Hope your eyes grey better soon @Lazybeautybeast. Eye irritations are terrible 😕

@Lazybeautybeast  sorry you are going through that. And good to know that about the eye serum, so much for a clean line 😐 Alcohol & witch hazel in an eye serum 😞

@Lazybeautybeast i'm sorry that's happening to you 😞 irritated eyes is one of the worst feelings!  Hopefully you pinpointed the cause and it stops!

@Lazybeautybeast @Oh no!  Did a Benadryl help at all?  That just sucks but it’s good you have narrowed it down to a suspect.  

Thanks @heartsmyface. Benadryl did help a little when the...

Thanks @heartsmyface. Benadryl did help a little when they were itchy and swollen. Thankfully everything seems to have cleared up since I used the product in question.

@Lazybeautybeast  Ugh, bad reactions around the eyes are the worst. 😞 Sorry you’re going through this, and I hope you’re better soon. 

I just looked at the ingredients of the Indie Lee eye serum, and one of them is witch hazel. A friend of mine can’t use anything containing witch hazel because it completely dries her skin out, plus it causes itchiness and swelling, especially under her eyes. I wonder if you also have sensitivity to that ingredient. Most things with witch hazel also contain a good bit of alcohol, which can add to the bad reaction. Eh, might be something to bring up with a doctor if you see one soon. 

Thanks @WinglessOne! I was thinking it might be the alcoh...

Thanks @WinglessOne! I was thinking it might be the alcohol that is the third ingredient. I try not to use skincare with denatured alcohol because I have had reactions to it in the past but nothing this bad. I remember being nervous when I got the product that the ingredient list just said "alcohol" as the third ingredient but listed some other good alcohols later. I'll bet the witch hazel and the alcohol combo is what did it.

Oh no get well soon @Lazybeautybeast !

I hope your eyes feel better soon @Lazybeautybeast!

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Winged eyeliner being so hard to do lol 🙄🙄

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Damn I also suck at eyeliners! I dont even know how ppl (not MUAs) can do perfect winged eyeliners 😩 like for me to have the perfect wing, I’d do the trick wherein there’s tape on my eyes and from there, id pray id have 2 sisters of winged liners 😭
2 Replies
testing