Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@MissPuff @WinglessOne My Sunrise palette arrived like that too - in fact I think all of my ND palettes have been packaged in extra cardboard. Must be a warehouse thing... I think most of mine come out of SLC.

@alexasteph  That's where mine came out of! SLC, they know what's up! 

@MissPuff  😯 I think I’ve NEVER received a Sephora package (aside from gratis) packed like that! Apparently the warehouse that supplies my orders hasn’t gotten the memo on how to pad items. Y’all with well padded boxes are lucky! 

And yeah, I love how Beautylish packs their orders, complete with ribbon/twine around items. ❤️ 

@WinglessOne You might have better luck getting the bigger ones shipped than the small ones. I've ordered 3 different ND palettes online and they've all come in a cardboard sleeve and well protected. Bummer about your palette. Have you thought about picking it up from Beautylish instead? You might miss out on points but at least it's in one piece?

@makeitup305  I almost bought this one from Beautylish. Not sure what stopped me... I think I was going to use my latest $100 rouge reward on this order, then changed my mind (I still have the reward). Hmm. 

I’ve been too afraid of breakage to order more large eyeshadow palettes from Sephora; if I can’t buy them at a local Sephora, I’ll likely order them from elsewhere. I’m glad other folks have gotten well padded palettes, though! 

Oh no! It seems like it's always something with palettes shipping @WinglessOne  🙁

@curlychiquita  Right? I’m glad the shadows themselves are fine this time. Silver linings. 🙂

@WinglessOne nooo that’s so strange!! It’s definitely a warehouse issue because when I ordered ND and PMG palettes, they’ve come with an additional cardboard box around the brands packaging (not quite a box because it fit snugly, almost like a cardboard envelope), even the mini Lila!! All palettes should come like that honestly, so disappointing when something comes broken 😭 at least the shadows made it! Small victories 

@cianni  Oh, I think I know what you’re talking about, those cardboard sleeves that provide a little extra cushion. I’ve never seen those in my Sephora packages, unfortunately. You’re lucky to get items from a Sephora warehouse that knows how to pad palettes! I don’t understand why ALL the warehouses don’t do that. 

I’ve said this before (probably in this thread, even) but: things like this make me appreciate even more the way @TeamBIC  packs gratis packages. I love how well padded (and beautifully wrapped) each item in those gratis boxes is. I understand that packing boxes to that level is maybe not efficient enough for the warehouses, but I wish they’d all standardize on a new minimum level of padding. 

@WinglessOne How frustrating! The only shipping problem I've ever had with Sephora was a ND palette, so I'm not sure if the palette packaging or shipping and handling was to blame. Can't wait to see the stunning looks you create!

@tastelikewater  That last shadow will be a challenge (it’s the one I couldn’t work with originally), but we’ll see what I can make it do this time around. 😂 

My worst Sephora shipping problem was when my Viseart Dark Mattes palette arrived with pan completely loose and sliding around atop all the other pans. That shadow was broken all around the edges. ☹️ But at least it was still usable, not smashed, so I kept it. That was likely a combo of a Viseart palette issue and Sephora’s lack of padding in the box. 

Ughhh... that sucks @WinglessOne.  I'm sorry for the rotten delivery.  It's a beautiful palette though.

Thanks @angelKiss24 . I think I’ll attempt microsurgery on the hinge this week. To me, ND shadows are generally too soft/fragile to even attempt depotting, otherwise I’d just move those 5 shadows to one of my little MUFE magnetic palettes. I’m genuinely surprised these 5 shadows arrived intact, if the palette sustained enough force to crack a chunk off the case. 😄 

Good luck @WinglessOne! hope it all goes well and you have kiddie gloves ready 🤞😅

Ug.  Did you search to see if your store carried it?  (I'm sure you did). That's a tough decision . With a broken lid (not of your making) you will always have to be careful when transporting it, and keep it wrapped in a hair tie. Not ideal, but can be done.  Tough decision. @WinglessOne 

@l8totheparty  Yeah, I already checked. 🙂 Of my local Sephoras, only one regularly carries ND. Unfortunately they don’t always have each eyeshadow palette. I wish everyone had at least one local Sephora that carried ND (and Pat McGrath, for that matter) palettes, so folks could go pick them up rather than play the shipment lottery. 

If I can’t superglue the broken case piece back into place without also glueing the hinge into a locked position, I might have to go the hair tie route. I’m 80% sure any replacement palette I’d receive would also be broken in some way, probably with a broken shadow, so I’ll probably just keep this one and deal with it. 

I had a dream that I had an absolutely stunning, life-changing blush. I was super disappointed to wake up and realize the blush doesn't actually exist.

It's sitting somewhere out there waiting for you to discover it @elise222

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Unexpected irritation around my eyes. 😞 I noticed they were itchy last night. This morning I woke with slighty swollen eyelids so no makeup or eye cream today. But they have been SO itchy all day and my under eye is so sensitive and feels raw. A few months ago, I had the same thing but I thought I tied it to an eye cream. I think I determine the problem as the Indie Lee Eye Serum I received in gratis a couple months ago. I stopped using it few months ago but pulled it out again four-ish days ago. Either that or an eye shadow palette. Hopefully, my poor eyes get back to normal quickly.

Hope your eyes grey better soon @Lazybeautybeast. Eye irritations are terrible 😕

@Lazybeautybeast  sorry you are going through that. And good to know that about the eye serum, so much for a clean line 😐 Alcohol & witch hazel in an eye serum 😞

1 Reply
testing