Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Lazybeautybeast i'm sorry that's happening to you 😞 irritated eyes is one of the worst feelings!  Hopefully you pinpointed the cause and it stops!

@Lazybeautybeast @Oh no!  Did a Benadryl help at all?  That just sucks but it’s good you have narrowed it down to a suspect.  

Thanks @heartsmyface. Benadryl did help a little when the...

Thanks @heartsmyface. Benadryl did help a little when they were itchy and swollen. Thankfully everything seems to have cleared up since I used the product in question.

@Lazybeautybeast  Ugh, bad reactions around the eyes are the worst. 😞 Sorry you’re going through this, and I hope you’re better soon. 

I just looked at the ingredients of the Indie Lee eye serum, and one of them is witch hazel. A friend of mine can’t use anything containing witch hazel because it completely dries her skin out, plus it causes itchiness and swelling, especially under her eyes. I wonder if you also have sensitivity to that ingredient. Most things with witch hazel also contain a good bit of alcohol, which can add to the bad reaction. Eh, might be something to bring up with a doctor if you see one soon. 

Thanks @WinglessOne! I was thinking it might be the alcoh...

Thanks @WinglessOne! I was thinking it might be the alcohol that is the third ingredient. I try not to use skincare with denatured alcohol because I have had reactions to it in the past but nothing this bad. I remember being nervous when I got the product that the ingredient list just said "alcohol" as the third ingredient but listed some other good alcohols later. I'll bet the witch hazel and the alcohol combo is what did it.

Oh no get well soon @Lazybeautybeast !

I hope your eyes feel better soon @Lazybeautybeast!

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Winged eyeliner being so hard to do lol 🙄🙄

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Damn I also suck at eyeliners! I dont even know how ppl (not MUAs) can do perfect winged eyeliners 😩 like for me to have the perfect wing, I’d do the trick wherein there’s tape on my eyes and from there, id pray id have 2 sisters of winged liners 😭

I agree but I have gotten better after 100 YT videos and hours of practice 🤣

I am horrible at winged eyeliner @Krisxx!

@faeriegirl  @Krisxx  Count me in, too. I consider myself quite accomplished at nearly everything to do with face makeup, but winged liner is still beyond my reach. I have practiced over and over and over for three years and I still can’t execute it with consistency. I’ve tried gel, liquid, pencil, cream, mousse, felt-tip, with a brush — you name it. I still mess it up 65% of the time 😑

So glad I'm not the only one lol

So glad I'm not the only one lol

@Krisxx  haha I feel you on that, every time I try to do it, I end up looking like its Halloween time

Sammee girl it's pretty tragic lol

Sammee girl it's pretty tragic lol

I have a throbbing earache pain for two days so im extra ... pissy. Anyway. I love paying for the two day shipping from sephora. It was supposed to be here saturday then at the end of the day it switched to this status and its still there with no update.

They're doing it again with the shipping problems! My ord...

They're doing it again with the shipping problems! My order shipped fairly quickly but 2 days later, when it's supposed to arrive tomorrow, tracking is showing that the label was created but that's it. It's so disappointing to be told a delivery date and then not receive the package. No idea when it will be here at this point!

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Blackwhiskey Aw sorry about your ear.  Are you feeling better now?  

i kinda gave up on packages arriving when they say they will.  I just don’t look and then I’m not bothered if they don’t show.  If I do look I get stressed if they arrive late.  It’s more me being irritated that someone has misled me than it is about getting the package in a specified amount of time.  Does that make sense? 

@Blackwhiskey, I'm going through a tracking problem right...

@Blackwhiskey, I'm going through a tracking problem right now too. Placed an order last week, it supposedly shipped the next day, but then no updates until today. Looks like it didn't actually ship until today, so now I wait at least 2 more days. It's especially annoying because I paid for the year of 2 day delivery.

@makeitup305, it means you get 2 day delivery. I checked...

@makeitup305, it means you get 2 day delivery. I checked the wording and if you get the order in before 3 pm that includes processing time too. I usually do get my packages in 2 business days.

Re: @Blackwhiskey, I'm going through a tracking problem right...

@LisaCraftMom I thought the 2-day shipping meant it shipped out within two days not that it was delivered within that time, that's why I never bought it. Do you usually get your stuff within two days? The only one I've had deliver that fast is Beautylish back when I lived in FL.

testing