Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@WinglessOne  Idk, bc they're inconsiderate I guess! (and have nothing to do the next day, apparently). ugh that sucks, thankfully I don't live in an apt., but the neighborhood goons started letting off fireworks again on sunday night around midnight...it's nice when people use the 4th of july as an excuse to let off fireworks for an entire month. (of course they do it all year round anyway, just to be annoying...thats just the fun of living in a college town.)  I used to live closer to campus, where the neighbors were constantly blasting loud music at night and having parties, I kept having to call the police...thankfully they've cracked down on that more and I moved out of there.

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

uughhhh when I buy 3 tarte colorsplash lipsticks for 21$ a piece and two days later they are on the weekly wow for 10.50.... never fails!

I'd take them in or call CS about that.  It would be a simple return and rebuy.  Hope you got your savings! @lmaster 

I emailed them, still have but heard anything back @l8totheparty we shall see

@lmaster   I hope CS is kind to you.

@Ispend2much6 they were, they gave me store credit and that's fine with me ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Imaster, I completely understand. Recently purchased the...

@Imaster, I completely understand. Recently purchased the Mac Patrick Star highlighter at 15% off and within a week it went to 40% off ๐Ÿ˜ก.

Re: @Imaster, I completely understand. Recently purchased the...

Uughhhhh so not fair! @Luvstravel 

@lmaster Pls contact CS.  Something like this happened to me with the BITE BEAUTY - Agave Lip Mask

and they were kind enough to give me a price adjustment.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh that's awesome! I'll definitely try thanks!! @greeneyedgirl107 

I absolutely hate when items are $49.75 like why canโ€™t they just be $50 bc then you have to pay the shipping for an item that you are 25 cents off. Also when the packaging makes something seem really big and you pull out the item and itโ€™s like less than an eighth of the size ๐Ÿ™„ 

Yes!! Or when the order total is $49.00 and you are all, 'well, I guess I'm getting the other shirt for $1 more.' @makeuplover2805 

I thought that the BB Invisible Oil was a spray on hair oil. Once I realized that it wasnโ€™t I got it all over my printed t shirt and light colored denim shorts.

@Loretta55 I can see how one would think that, though - since I think they also make a spray version.  It can be confusing.  Too bad you got it all over your T shirt ๐Ÿ˜ž

Oh no! Sorry about the mess, @Loretta55. I've done that before with products that have a much larger opening than I'm anticipating and go to pour them out thinking I'll be getting a few drops.... and nope, here's a handful. Smiley LOL

That is frustrating @quspork . I really thought that is was a spray product but only realized that it wasnโ€™t when I looked down and noticed the large oil stain.

TOO FACED - Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Matte Lipstick - Queen B

Legit smells like old Crayola Crayons. I know this. Itโ€™s why I have 5 old (new)ones laying around my house. Yet I still always order a new one ๐Ÿ™ hoping Too Faced will magically fix the nasty smell.

Yet they never do. I love the shade but I just canโ€™t with the old crayon smell ๐Ÿคข 

@GG84, ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ, When you love a color, I completely unde...

@GG84, ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ, When you love a color, I completely understand.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I hate when the community part of the website (at least the main part) lets me log in from my desktop pc, but if I try to actually go to the page for conversations it kicks me off over and over. Letting me see the โ€˜homeโ€™ page, or shop on the store part of the site *only*...IS NOT quite cutting it, dear Goddess of Sephora, ruler of the online makeup stuff. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Why have a social component at all if nobody in the IT/user experience department can manage to have it work for everyone?? Also, the window that pops up and asks if you want to sign up with beauty insider, get a free gift for your birthday and reward points on purchases? Yeah, that comes up but then freezes when you think you must need to sign up again for some reason and try to enter your info. Pop up windows that freeze and clicking the x wonโ€™t close the thing - but ALWAYS comes up every time you go to any Sephora website/community page? Not so great.

I do it all through the app and it can be frustrating on here as well. Sometimes the page reloads and sends me all the way to the top of the thread when Iโ€™m just trying to scroll and after I post any response it sends me to the top again or to a random part of the chat. It makes it not very user friendly! Itโ€™s teaching me patience though!

Excess packaging!! I understand for many individuals that a beautiful display of packaging is actually something they look forward to, but when itโ€™s a repeat buy I could care less that itโ€™s in a box, inside another box, not to mention wrapped up inside plastic and so on ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ I know Iโ€™m being dramatic but honestly I would like to hold on to my original packaging and just refill.
testing