Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

So glad I'm not the only one lol

So glad I'm not the only one lol

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Krisxx  haha I feel you on that, every time I try to do it, I end up looking like its Halloween time

Sammee girl it's pretty tragic lol

Sammee girl it's pretty tragic lol

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I have a throbbing earache pain for two days so im extra ... pissy. Anyway. I love paying for the two day shipping from sephora. It was supposed to be here saturday then at the end of the day it switched to this status and its still there with no update.

They're doing it again with the shipping problems! My ord...

They're doing it again with the shipping problems! My order shipped fairly quickly but 2 days later, when it's supposed to arrive tomorrow, tracking is showing that the label was created but that's it. It's so disappointing to be told a delivery date and then not receive the package. No idea when it will be here at this point!

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@Blackwhiskey Aw sorry about your ear.  Are you feeling better now?  

i kinda gave up on packages arriving when they say they will.  I just don’t look and then I’m not bothered if they don’t show.  If I do look I get stressed if they arrive late.  It’s more me being irritated that someone has misled me than it is about getting the package in a specified amount of time.  Does that make sense? 

@Blackwhiskey, I'm going through a tracking problem right...

@Blackwhiskey, I'm going through a tracking problem right now too. Placed an order last week, it supposedly shipped the next day, but then no updates until today. Looks like it didn't actually ship until today, so now I wait at least 2 more days. It's especially annoying because I paid for the year of 2 day delivery.

@makeitup305, it means you get 2 day delivery. I checked...

@makeitup305, it means you get 2 day delivery. I checked the wording and if you get the order in before 3 pm that includes processing time too. I usually do get my packages in 2 business days.

Re: @Blackwhiskey, I'm going through a tracking problem right...

@LisaCraftMom I thought the 2-day shipping meant it shipped out within two days not that it was delivered within that time, that's why I never bought it. Do you usually get your stuff within two days? The only one I've had deliver that fast is Beautylish back when I lived in FL.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Agree! Like you’ve set your mind already that that’s the day it’s coming and you’re excited and then nope 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️

Neiman Marcus recently sent me a personal coupon for $10 off of $40 or more perfume  purchase. Seriously Neiman? Tell me what kind of perfume you carry that less than $100 (except for roller). Sigh! This is kinda similar to Sephora sent “Free Shipping” to Rouge. Sigh again! Not sure which genius comes up with these marketing idea 😂🤣😅

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

if it makes you feel any better, I saw an ig ad here in the ph aboutspending at least $150 and getting a free $8 elf putty primer 😩😭 like no thx I’ll just buy the $8 primer lmao

@blackkitty2014That's pretty weak! 🤣🤣🤣

Buying a smaller size of a product, like 1 oz instead of 3.4 oz of a perfume, thinking that you’ll never work through that much product, and then realizing that your newest pretty has quickly become your new favorite and you’ve burned through half of the product in no time! If I’d bought the bigger size it would have only been like $30 more, but I thought I was being rational, since I hate buying too much of something and watching it languish since I know I’m terribly fickle when it comes to things like perfume or lipstick of the day... lesson learned: always buy the biggest size of stuff and just commit to using it! 

@LCResz @Ugh, you just can’t win with perfume!  I swear it smells better if it comes in a smaller bottle!  But maaaaaybe by the time you get the light he other half of the bottle you will have moved on to a newer more beautiful scent;);)   

I feel you, but I think you're right with getting minis d...

I feel you, but I think you're right with getting minis depending on the product. like, I will buy setting spray full size most of the time, but primers as minis because I like to try different ones every now and then.

@LCReszlol, that's just what I did!  I usually like smaller things, as I'd rather have a bunch of small things or mini bottles, than a few large ones, especially since I have so many perfumes...but I liked the coach perfume and figured I might as well just get the large bottle, since there were like 10x pts., since it was only $40 more than the 1 oz, and only $20 more than the one half its size...and of course now there's a coupon for 20% off...d'oh. 😞 oh well, I wanted the points anyway.

plus, you can always put something on ebay if you don't end up using it.  (yes, people will still buy half full perfumes, lol)

Insomnia. Spending 36 hours awake, crashing intermittently throughout Saturday afternoon and evening in mere 30-60 minute sleep intervals, leaving you WIDE AWAKE at 2:30 AM Sunday (today), and who knows when (or if) you’ll fall asleep later in the day or night. This has cost me my entire weekend: I can’t leave home without risking a sudden sleep crash somewhere, plus I’m stupidly trying to reset my sleep schedule back to “normal” by forcing myself to stay awake until tonight. 😡 Now I’m cranky and brain-awake but body-exhausted, and of course I look like I haven’t slept in 2 days. Ugh. 

“Why don’t you take sleeping pills?” Because I have medical and personal reasons to avoid them. I might try An Olly Sleep gummy later tonight, though. Hopefully it’ll work. 

Hello fellow insomniac @WinglessOne 😞 Hope you're able to get some consistent good sleep afterwards.

I've tried many things and eventually resorted to using sleeping pills (good news is that I don't have to take my other meds anymore since my mental health issues stem from my sleep issues)

@RNGesusPls  Sounds like a double win with your sleeping pills. 🙂 One or my former doctors talked me into trying Ambien years ago and, well, let’s just say it was a very bad experience. I realize there are better sleep meds than Ambien—and “better” depends on the patient’s medical history and needs—but I’d rather not try them. 

That same doc insisted my insomnia was caused by too much caffeine (coffee). Psh, I’ve been an insomniac since I was a little girl, wide awake in bed with a flashlight under my sheets so I could read til dawn. 😄 (As a kid, I consumed books the way other kids consume candy.) And I wasn’t a coffee drinker back then. Nowadays, my insomnia sometimes stems from anxiety. Other times, I just fall down research rabbit holes (or okay, sometimes I also get lost in the wonderfully weird corners of youtube) and next thing I know, the sun’s coming up. The latter cause is much easier to prevent than the former, but I’m working on it. 

@WinglessOne Oh yeah definitely, each person reacts differently to each medication and the search for the right one is exhausting. I hope you find something that works for you!

That doc is a liar LOL. Ugh, coffee is sood good. Out of curiosity, does caffeine ever make you feel sleepy?

I've been an insomniac since I was little too (growing up, my parents were in denial about my problems so I didn't get it treated til...too late). And those rabbit holes man do they pull you in...Wikipedia rabbit holes too...

3 Replies
testing