Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I completely agree with you in this pet peeve, @AnnieBunnyBun!  Refills would be so great - I’m glad a lot of hand soap companies are doing or starting to do this, but there is so much room for improvement.  

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

You’re not being dramatic. You’re responsible and cost efficiency minded!. I wish there were more options for refills too. Less wasteful

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

my biggest pet peeve with beauty has to be when my eyebrows won’t match no matter what I do!! 😂 I could spend 2 hours on them some days and they still won’t match up!! haha who relates?

🤚🏽🤚🏽. A Sephora associate noted that the muscle in my...

🤚🏽🤚🏽. A Sephora associate noted that the muscle in my right brow is stronger, so when I do that one first, I have trouble with the left.

I relate!  And I want mine to match. @MadisonKovach 

@MadisonKovach, my eyes actually aren't the same shape, s...

@MadisonKovach, my eyes actually aren't the same shape, so my eyebrows never match. It's not obvious in person but it is in pictures.

@MadisonKovach  Michelle Phan (an OG beauty YouTuber) used to say that our eyebrows are sisters, not twins. Words to live by 😉

@MadisonKovach , I've given up matching years ago! 😂 Match and be late for work, or close enough and have time for coffee 🤷‍♀️

@MadisonKovach I can totally relate! No matter what my left eyebrow will not behave😂

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When you wait for a palette to go on sale, then it just disappears.  Or, when you drag your feet on getting a LE, then it's gone.

@greeneyedgirl107 

Oh no! Which one?! 

@GG84 I dragged my feet on the NARS Skin Deep eye palette, and now Ulta doesn't have it anymore, nor does Nordstrom.  Bloomingdale's has it, but I never got around to seriously swatching it. 

And I think I lost my chance on the Laura Mercier Eye Artist palette.  I tried it on in-store and was underwhelmed, so I didn't purchase it.  Still, I thought I could get one look out of it so I've been waiting for it to go on sale.  Now, it's disappeared.  A very thoughtful BICer offered to send it to me ages ago, but I couldn't ask her to do that.  Very generous!  🙂  From what I read on BIC, the palette wasn't well-received.  Still, I dislike it when I miss out on something.

@greeneyedgirl107  I got an email today and looks like the LM palette would be on Weekly Wow tomorrow. 

Edit: I just went to my email to take a screenshot of that but now my email doesn’t have the weekly wow content in there 🤨😡

But some IG accounts still have the details.

@naturalooks15 It's a different LM palette that's for the Weekly Wow, but thanks for being on the lookout for me!  🙂  I was pleasantly surprised to see the LANCôME - L'Absolu Lacquer

at half off, so I splurged and got 4.  If I can make it to the mall, I might have to check out another couple of colors.  I guess it helps take the sting out a little from the palettes.

Image result for hearts gif

@greeneyedgirl107  Awesome !! Are these the same ones @RGbrown  's posts convinced us all to try?? If yes, I should probably make a trip to the mall as well 🙂 😄

@RGbrown  @greeneyedgirl107  @tastelikewater  Any color online (still in stock) that would be good neutral mauve or any other color, not necessarily neutral, will be flattering for dark lips? 

@naturalooks15 I blind bought them, so unfortunately I don't have any input.  The Fuschia and the Rose Talisman look promising (and pretty!) for dark lips.

I love mauves, so I bought Infra Rose, Shine Manifesto and Let Me Shine (all listed online as mauve shades).  I also picked up Nuit and Jour (but looking at it a second time I'm thinking it'll be too light, and I wonder if I should've picked up Pour Tojours instead).

I have been trying to find some pictures of those exact 3 shades @greeneyedgirl107 ! Infra Rose, Shine Manifesto and Let Me Shine. If you have a spare minute would you mind posting a swatch? Do you feel like they perform the same? One of them seems to have some glitter in it?

@SurprisedLemur I would love to post swatches, but I can never upload pics - my phone is 6.5 years old and barely functions.  I am probably going to get a new one in a week or two, though - but by then the sale will be over!  I wish I could be of more help.  😞

No worries @greeneyedgirl107 , I will keep searching!

@naturalooks15 

I only have three of the ones left online so I swatched what I do have for you. Top to bottom 193, 378, 468. All are two coats. I think all three would be fabulous on dark lips 😁

IMG_20190613_153805909.jpg

11 Replies
testing