Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@ParrotTulips  Same. I go through about 2-3 bottles of conditioner per bottle of shampoo. Except for Olaplex, I think I might go through 4 conditioners before I finish a shampoo. I have yet to finish one bottle, I think I've been working on it since last September. I use it every other day too.

That Olaplex is something, isn't it? I love it and the shampoo may last a year! Lol @suzyo 

@suzyo  @l8totheparty  I’ve really been wanting to try Olaplex. Sounds like it must be good stuff!!

same thing happens to me! I have very thick hair and I go...

same thing happens to me! I have very thick hair and I go through conditioner so much faster than shampoo. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one!

@ParrotTulips 

I feel you on this one! I go through shampoo quicker though. And I also have a problem with trying one formula once, then moving onto another. I have maybe 6 bottles of shampoo going and 10 different masks/conditioners. It’s a problem. 

@GG84 @ginamc I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one. Taking my shower I looked at all my different shampoo bottles and thought how ridiculous! 🙂

Me: I wish my lashes were longer.

Also Me: WHY IS THIS EYELASH SO LONG THAT IT IS CURLING INTO MY EYE?!?!

@danielledanielle  I have one wonky eyelash that grows right into my eye every. single. month. 😬

I legit have to pluck it once a month because its sole purpose in life is to stab my cornea. No, plucking an eyelash doesn’t feel good. However, being stabbed by an eyelash feels worse. Thus, I’ve been committed to the monthly plucking of this single eyelash for countless years. Pay the electricity bill, get the car washed, pay the phone bill, pluck the rogue eyelash — it’s part of the monthly chores 😆

Mother Nature can sure be twisted lol 😂 

I know this is an old one, but when you see samples on Sephora's website that you're extremely excited to try out only to get absolutely no samples in your package when it arrives irritates me to no end. I wish they would get it together on this never ending issue. At least I got my GWP, but still I would have loved to tried out (and possibly would have bought) the samples I picked out. This happens all the time still as well. *Sigh* I don't understand how if this happens at Nordstrom's they are able to fix it, but Sephora can't.

@niki172 Every time I get excited about one it’s never in there. I’ve given up hope that they will get it fixed.

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

That being said im hoping to god i get at least one of the samples i picked! I chose the givenchy foundation and giorgio armani concealer.

Did anyone else not get a discount coupon for Sephora?

Never received a targeted discount.

Never received a targeted discount.

Re: Never received a targeted discount.

Hi @makeupbeauty12,

I am so sorry for the confusion. This offer was shared with some Beauty Insiders, but not all. Other promotions will be shared with different groups of Beauty Insiders soon, so keep your eyes out for one headed your way! I recommend signing up for emails and downloading our app to be the first to know about our other promotions. We thank you for being a loyal Sephora client! 

Best,
Rebecca

I haven't received one either.  😕  

I haven't received any of the targeted promos either, but I'm kinda ok with it. I usually plan my Sephora purchases to line up with the spring and fall sales (with an occasional good GWP promo here and there) anyway. 

@quspork  Same here. I know what I need, approximately when I’ll need it, and try to buy it around established sales periods if possible. If I get extra offers, great. If others get them, great for them 😊

I've never received one of those targeted discount codes, either, and it's starting to annoy me. I understood (or was just ambivalent) the first few rounds I saw those codes sent in the past year or so, but I need to restock some skincare items, and this is getting old.

I actually received a 20% off coupon. Using it to restock...

I actually received a 20% off coupon. Using it to restock on Tatcha products.

Nope, never received any specially targeted emails :-(

Nope, never received any specially targeted emails 😞

I didn't receive any offers either.  Maybe not receiving a coupon is better than receiving one...better for the wallet, not better for the need to scratch that itch and buy all the new releases.. 😄

testing