Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

You can still exchange this in Sephora. I mean, the mini palettes are expensive, you deserve a good quality product.

it looks like it's still in the pan, I would just supergl...

it looks like it's still in the pan, I would just superglue it back. just leave it open to air out all the fumes @HunterKathleen. I had to do the same to one of my UD palettes...

Re: it looks like it's still in the pan, I would just supergl...

Yeah that’s what I will have to do. Unfortunately I don’t have any glue laying around the house so for now I’m just not opening it at all lol.

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Poor customer service.  😕  I need to vent ladies, I'm sorry.  I was shopping today in a very touristy area of Seoul and was about to swatch some lipsticks on the back of my hand.  The sales guy snatched the wand from my hand and swatched it on a WHITE SHEET OF PAPER...then gave me the sheet of paper. WTF.  I told him I wanted to see the colors on my skin tone, and he takes the piece of paper, puts it to my face and with a nasty attitude, he said, "LOOK in the mirror!"  WTFF?!  Mind you, there was a poster in front of me blocking that portion of the mirror.  I glared at him, shoved the tube of lipstick back, and walked out.  One great thing about Seoul is that I don't have to walk very far for the next cosmetic store...there are a bizzzzillion on every street in these tourist trap areas.  

I remember a long time ago asking for samples at sephora and one of the sa said i couldnt have any cause i hd already got some yesterday despite me purchasing things

Wow! He was so rude @angelKiss24 

@angelKiss24, that is maybe the worst I've heard of. Soun...

@angelKiss24, that is maybe the worst I've heard of. Sounds like he could have handled a lot better. People forget to use common kindness. He could have walked up and advised we don't allow swatching of our products unless it's on paper. Hope you keep finding excellent products. I ordered some a'pieu eyeshadows online that is supposed to be really popular there.

@angelKiss24, some of the a'pieu swatches look really pre...

@angelKiss24, some of the a'pieu swatches look really pretty! I would find it so hard to shop there because I would want to buy everything. I ordered #13 and #15

Re: @angelKiss24, some of the a'pieu swatches look really pre...

Great choices @Luvstravel

Re: @angelKiss24, that is maybe the worst I've heard of. Soun...

@Luvstravel, the thing that gets me is, I know this specific brand store allows swatching, I've done it plenty of times before and also saw others in the same store doing it.  I left and went around the corner to another store, same brand, and the lady there actually helped swatched the same lipstick on the back of my hand. I think the guy just had a bad attitude at the time, maybe he was having a bad day,  but nonetheless, it really irked me.  I was actually in an a'pieu store today!! Saw the eyeshadows, but stepped away... thinking I'd save the eyeshadow $ for ND's new palette.  🤞

Beauty Pet Peeve- I hate when I am in a huge rush to get ready and I forget a step in my makeup routine, like the primer or a setting spray. I’m sure others don’t really notice, but I am very aware of it for the rest of the day.

I’ve done this before and forgotten mascara! It’s horrifying when I finally realize but you’re right. I don’t think many others can even tell.

I do that a lot @ParrotTulips 

I wish i had gotten the 20 % off an eye cream that ive been wanting recently came back in stock but the priceeee ugh

@Blackwhiskey which one is it?

The supergoop oat eye cream with 37spf

@makeitup305 wrote:

@Blackwhiskey which one is it?

@Blackwhiskey keep an eye on Dermstore. They sell it and are more likely to have coupons than Sephora. If you've never ordered from there, let me know and I'll send you a referral and you get an immediate discount.

So I have two pet peeves to share:

1. This actually may have to do with pets 😏 I was visiting my parents and did my makeup on a table in the dining room. I left my beauty blender and makeup on the table and left for the day. The next morning, I couldn't find it when applying my foundation. I have a feeling this little guy might've take it somewhere. He's already claimed another BB before 🙈. I can't stay mad at him if it is him though 😂

IMG_20181226_221032.jpg

2. My SMASHBOX - Always On Liquid Eyelinercap fell off while it was in my makeup bag and completely dried up. It was brand new so I wanna save it. If anyone's got any tips that work, please let me know 😊

lol who could stay mad for so long with that face @SpaceLlama 

Ikr! He also LOVES to cuddle on the couch, @blackkitty2014 😂 it's hard to be mad then too because it's so cute 😭

@SpaceLlama I can’t help with the cuteness stealing your beautyblender, but maybe try soaking the tip of the eyeliner in a little fix plus or micellar water to see if you can unclog the dried up tip. 

1 Reply
testing