Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@gingerleigh  Pekee might be okay if kept away from the eye area—unless your skin hates honey like mine does. I need to look at Juju’s ingredients again, but I wouldn’t use it around the eyes anyway since it’s an exfoliating cleanser. 

@WinglessOne OUCH! That is so rude. Hope it clears up soon!

Me too, @tastelikewater ! It feels much better today: not nearly as sore. Also, special shoutout to e.l.f.’s facial oil: it’s done more for my crazy dry eyelids than other oils I have, plus it doesn’t irritate my eyes or seep into my eyes. A friend bought me a bottle this week; perfect timing! 😄 

@WinglessOne, at least you knew what the culprit was inst...

@WinglessOne, at least you knew what the culprit was instead of having to go through your whole beauty routine to figure it out. I had to stop using the DE Glyolic Night Serum for the same reason, even though I used it sparingly.

Re: @WinglessOne, at least you knew what the culprit was inst...

@Luvstravel  Right? I hate doing the elimination dance with skincare products and makeup. Sorry about your similar DE experience. I wonder how many other folks have similar issues with certain DE products. I know lots of people experience breakouts/purging when mixing DE with other brands, but I’m curious about true allergic or irritation reactions. I might need to research that a bit. 

I hope your eyelids get better soon @WinglessOne! It definitely sounds like Pekee was rightfully evicted!

Thanks @faeriegirl ! I’m bummed because I could’ve broken off a small chunk of Pekee to take on trips. But noooooo, Pekee had to be a big mean jerk. 😡 Oh well. 

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

It really bothers me that I have to type out the entire name in order to tag someone in a post on the app.

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@KNC24 I don’t like using the ap at all.  the layout and everything irks me.  

@KNC24  Related peeve: when posting on the site instead of the app (I rarely use the app), tagging products is such a pain lately. The cursor jumps/disappears after each 1 or 2 words I type, so I have to manually reset the cursor over and over. If I want to tag a specific shade of a product, but I pick the wrong swatch, the swatch menu closes—so I have to delete my whole tag and retype it to bring the swatch menu back.

I assume this is happening as part of efforts to combat BIC spam but wow, is it frustrating. 

yep it's been driving me nuts!! @WinglessOne

yep it's been driving me nuts!! @WinglessOne

@WinglessOne The same thing is happening to me, and it’s incredibly irritating! 

@veronika23,

I just thought of one! When my sharpener ends up breaking the tip of my pencils, argh:/

❤️ Melissa

@melissabt  I find that putting the pencil in the freezer for at least 10 minutes makes it less prone to breaking when sharpening since the pencil is more solid!

@RNGesusPls,

Awesome tip! Thank you:)

❤️ Melissa

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Update to previous post about "lost" luggage. It was found. The airline never loaded it onto my flight. I found several TSA tags throughout my bags, my loose highlighter was closed incorrectly (all of them), one Coloured Raine pressed highlighter is broken, my mirror is broken, and my new Farsali skintune blur is empty. I can't get on touch with the airline at all. I'm happy I have my things but I'm frustrated with how this is all going down. (The picture (#1) below does not have all of the tags I found in it. The second picture (#2) are all of the skincare, hygiene, and cosmetics that were in my luggage and, now, with me.

I may have an explanation... aside from the fact that volume of cosmetics collectively is unusual to transport via checked baggage, there are certain ingredients in makeup that can trigger bomb detection equipment, as my poor mom found out going through security with some glittery stuff in her purse 😂

Sorry you had this experience, but they do wear gloves, at least!

I am not sure how I feel about knowing people were touching your makeup with things they inspect everyone’s luggage with.  My inner germaphobe is reeling right now. @HazelEyedQueen 

@heartsmyface Same, I know that they're not very sanitary when handling inspections. Several TSA agents have touched my medical equipment without changing their gloves so I had to disinfect it and the entire inside of the case afterwards

@HazelEyedQueen Glad to see you got your things back but 😱 at all the damage!

That part!!

@HazelEyedQueen, what a pain - definitely file a claim!

@HazelEyedQueen, what a pain - definitely file a claim!
12 Replies
testing