Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: @txcatx The downvoting-useful-review folks probably just...

@gonerogue  OMG yes, that is also suuuuuper annoying. I guess I maybe see more because I usually filter for the lowest reviews and it seems the one-three stars are disproportionately filled with influenster reviews with nothing useful to add information wise and who are usually "insider" level at best, so not necessarily even customers either. 

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@txcatxI know on the desktop you can filter reviews, I'd imagine it's the same for the app. You can sort by Most Helpful, Newest, Oldest, Highest and Lowest Ratings. As for people marking things unhelpful, people seem to get mad when you disagree with their favorite stuff. Not always the case, but happens often.

@txcatx I'm pretty sure you can filter the reviews for one of those things, I would prefer personally if you could double filter (ie Newest helpful or newest lowest) but I agree the auto order is wack, especially when there are over 500+ reviews of a product I'm looking at. I also hate that if I vote "helpful" for any of the reviews I'm looking at it clears my review filter.

As far as the unhelpful votes, my guess is some of those are unintentional while scrolling in the app- I used to have a big problem with that on Amazon because the "unhelpful" button was right where I expected the "next" button to be

Ah, thanks, @Brutalitops @Samtian  and @Titian06 ! I found the sort feature on the app (I never shop on a computer these days). I guess I was so distracted by the options to sort by skin type and skin tone that I didn't even see the drop down to sort by date!

@txcatx - When you look at the Reviews, you should see a link at the end of each one that says See More.  Click on this.  It will bring up a gray bar just above the reviews with the options to Filter or Sort.

Is this the sign of stop hoarding? I bought these from Becca and MJ direct during their F&F event 6061CEE4-BCD5-4A48-AA29-5ACB4DAFDA94.jpeg

02EF4978-40B5-4D3E-88F7-223392408D4F.jpeg

Good thing both companies are going to send the replacement but it’s breaking my heart every time I look at them

@blackkitty2014  Oh no!!! It makes me so sad whenever I see someone's broken

makeup or I receive mine broken! Glad to hear they're sending you replacements.

That just hurts! FCB1D709-BD42-4B39-8E5E-ADDF669B2E12.gif

@blackkitty2014 

@blackkitty2014  😨😭 Hooray for replacements (I sincerely hope they arrive in tact!) but that’s still heartbreaking. 

I also got a sign to stop hoarding—err, to stop buying so much lipstick—with my last ColourPop order: 

And it’s a blue shade, one of my favorite lipstick color families. :(And it’s a blue shade, one of my favorite lipstick color families. 😞

Awwww, are you going to fix it yourself or get a replacement?  Melting them with a lighter and pressing them back in really does work.  😉  it may not be as pretty at the base though @WinglessOne 

@heartsmyface  I’ve done the melt fix on bullets in the past, but I’m asking ColourPop to replace this one because one of the retractable eyeliners in that order also arrived broken. (Eyeliners are harder to diy-fix because they’re so thin and fragile.) 🙂 I feel slightly bad asking them because they included a free Lippie Stix (though I don’t like the LS formula in general) as a late order apology. If only the lipstick was broken, I’d probably just diy it. But since 2 items are broken, I don’t feel too bad about asking. 

Ouch! I’m so sorry @WinglessOne. I hope your replacement will come soon 

@blackkitty2014 😱😱😱 NOOO! NOT THE BROKEN POWDERS 😭

@blackkitty2014 😱😱😱 NOOO! NOT THE BROKEN POWDERS 😭

@blackkitty2014 That looks so painful.  I am sorry you received a broken shadow and highlighter.  I am glad you are getting replacements.

I would be sad, too!

I would be sad, too!

@blackkitty2014  Oh no, this make me sad. Everytime I order a powder product, I am always a little anxious upon opening the box. Glad you are getting a replacement! 

Oh wow, @blackkitty2014. Glad you're getting replacements!

Wow @blackkitty2014 😬 I’m glad they are sending you replacements!

@blackkitty2014 

Noooo!!!! This breaks my heart!!!! What highlight was that??

Thx @gonerogue , @faeriegirl , @curlychiquita . These are Passport to Glow Australia and MJ Stelleto 😭😂

This morning I went to apply perfume on the back of my neck, and I felt a lot of drops and saw some dripping on the floor. The rollerball was leaking all over the place and I got covered in perfume 😞

1 Reply
testing