Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I'm terrified they're going to cycle through all the languages!

Oh no! That’s a terrifying thought. 

It seems we have a bot invasion here! Hopefully the mods see this soon and report it to IT to get cleared up soon! 

Decided to pop into BIC after being MIA for awhile...not the kind of welcome I was looking for...ha!

Hi @k617 . Good to see you! Sorry that you had to encounter all the bots! It sure is frustrating! 

What's even the point of this madness?! I don't get it. As someone mentioned below, how many of us can even read Chinese?! ( And these new ones seem to be Korean? )

@lyravega  Wow not much has changed since I posted his morning haha 

Whoever wrote the script for these bots has it set to post every X number of seconds.  Maybe Sephora should use a Captcha as a way to prevent bots from posting this much. It would definitely be a hassle for regular users but it’s one way to fend off the bots. 

Captcha sounds like a good idea too. Maybe for new posts! 

Yeah that or block the IP address of whoever is spamming the forum. 

I remember when this happened over a year ago. There were spam bots from India (that or the person that wrote the bot felt the need to advertise things in India) and Sephora managed to deal with it then.

@lyravega I google translated the Chinese ones. They were advertising how to get fake university degrees. Every post would have a different city/university name. I dont know what these new ones say though.

@GG84 Last night I noticed some university names that were written in English within Chinese characters, it’s probably the same bullcrap ! This is so pathetic and annoying! 

@GG84 Last night I noticed some university names that were written in English within Korean characters, it’s probably the same bullcrap ! This is so pathetic and annoying! 

@GG84  No, I get that. But why Chinese in the first place? On ( mainly ) English speaking forum? Know what I mean? Are they desperate for any kind of attention/presence so they just push all this no matter what? Or they just want to mess with the forum? Have nothing better to do? Just puzzling over it... This is just so crazy on so many different levels. 

I'm wondering if there aren't any mods working on the holiday?  If memory serves a few years ago on BT we had someone posting some nasty comments and it was all done on holidays around Christmas time so that there was no one to remove posts right away.  I could be remembering the troll wrong though... it was a while back.

@missjeanie That would be the worst -- if all the mods are off for a federal holiday.  😕

@missjeanie  You remember correctly, that person definitely waited for times when there was no mods on, some of those days were holidays.

Seriously driving me nuts! I just want to see people’s lipsticks on the 100 day challenge. 😂

exactly @lnum  LOL

@jen143xo Lol see we’re not asking for much. Just all the lipsticks. 😆

I sure hope they get rid of the bot soon. Out of control!!!

Graw... this drives me nuts ... i will try to post something to see if it makes any differences.  Ugh!!!!

testing